Poll: Who do you support in the US elections and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 43
... LastLast

non-Americans take on the US elections

So we have had so much mud slinging and name calling that I am honestly glad that I am not an American. I have been reading up on the going-ons in the states and I have realised that the American people (or a very large percentage of them) do not care for the person they vote for, just the party. People like Todd Akin are elected for 5 consecutive terms and are on the government science committee.

I am personally very disillusioned with America. I grew up in a time when America was the land of dreams. I used to think America was a great country that put man on moon, helped eliminate the nazi threat and while they made bad decisions like vietnam etc, overall I admired the USA.

But having seen what the US has become now kinda makes me sad. It seems that education, discovery and science are rotting away while extremism, religious beliefs and politics are thriving.

As a non-American if I were to give my opinion, I would lose all faith and hope in America if Mitt Romney was elected. I know it does not matter to the American folks what us non-Americans think but I would like to see who the non-Americans support in the US election and why.

Personally, I am from Australia and I support Barak Obama. I think the republican party has pretty much become the Americanised version of the taliban who follow religious text over scientific evidence and are unwavering in their belief no matter what evidence is provided. Not to mention Romney wants to tax middle classes and give tax breaks to rich! I find him very untrustworthy and tbh a bit of a joke. He is way worse than george bush and that man singlehandedly lead america into a 16 trillion dollar debt.

So, non-Americans, who do you support in the US election and why? It would be good to know which country are you representing.

I know some American folks will read this too, so i added poll options for them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama may not be perfect but he's a saint by comparison to Romney. I seriously do not understand how anyone can vote for Romney, the shit I've heard about him is just downright absurd.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

One is weak and corrupt, the other is insane and very corrupt. It's not a difficult decision, granted it's one takes grudgingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    Obama may not be perfect but he's a saint by comparison to Romney. I seriously do not understand how anyone can vote for Romney, the shit I've heard about him is just downright absurd.
    Trouble is that you believe the things people say about him. He'll be the most honest president even moreso than lincoln.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    So we have had so much mud slinging and name calling that I am honestly glad that I am not an American. I have been reading up on the going-ons in the states and I have realised that the American people (or a very large percentage of them) do not care for the person they vote for, just the party. People like Todd Akin are elected for 5 consecutive terms and are on the government science committee.

I am personally very disillusioned with America. I grew up in a time when America was the land of dreams. I used to think America was a great country that put man on moon, helped eliminate the nazi threat and while they made bad decisions like vietnam etc, overall I admired the USA.

But having seen what the US has become now kinda makes me sad. It seems that education, discovery and science are rotting away while extremism, religious beliefs and politics are thriving.

As a non-American if I were to give my opinion, I would lose all faith and hope in America if Mitt Romney was elected. I know it does not matter to the American folks what us non-Americans think but I would like to see who the non-Americans support in the US election and why.

Personally, I am from Australia and I support Barak Obama. I think the republican party has pretty much become the Americanised version of the taliban who follow religious text over scientific evidence and are unwavering in their belief no matter what evidence is provided. Not to mention Romney wants to tax middle classes and give tax breaks to rich! I find him very untrustworthy and tbh a bit of a joke. He is way worse than george bush and that man singlehandedly lead america into a 16 trillion dollar debt.

So, non-Americans, who do you support in the US election and why? It would be good to know which country are you representing.

I know some American folks will read this too, so i added poll options for them too.
    I think the better question is, why would any American care what anyone outside of our country thinks about the election? Do you care what I think about Australia's election? Obama is a menace and the sooner November gets here so we can vote him out of office the better.

And to correct your post, Obama has added more to the deficit then every President combined before him, and yes we are well aware that GWB started the whole fiasco. Obama just through it in overdrive after adding a tank of NOS to it.
    Last edited by Algearond; 2012-08-23 at 11:35 PM.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the republican party has pretty much become the Americanised version of the taliban who follow religious text over scientific evidence and are unwavering in their belief no matter what evidence is provided.
    Yeah, there are a few stupid reactionary people out there, but I hardly think the Republicans are about to start putting women in burkhas or stoning women to death for allowing men to rape them. Saying the Republicans are like the Taliban is like saying the Democrats are like Stalin's Communist Party. Both are extreme hyperbole.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Trouble is that you believe the things people say about him. He'll be the most honest president even moreso than lincoln.
    I haven't looked into Romney (or Obama, for all that matters) very much since U.S. politics aren't a huge interest of mine, so I haven't really bothered to back-trace (inb4 dun goofed) the things I've heard/read to find out whether or not they were legit. Just saying that my impression of that guy is noooo-ho-ho.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    I think the better question is, why would any American care what anyone outside of our country thinks about the election? Do you care what I think about Australia's election? Obama is a menace and the sooner November gets here so we can vote him out of office the better.

And to correct your post, Obama has added more to the deficit then every President combined before him, and yes we are well aware that GWB started the whole fiasco. Obama just through it in overdrive after adding a tank of NOS to it.
    Given the effect that the United States has on the foreign policy of other countries, I'd say it's pretty damned fair for -anyone- in the world to be concerned over U.S presidential elections.

Fortunately, Americans, the people who have had to live under Obama, will be voting for our next president. Oh and to the OP, I'm not sure where you got your figures, but GW Bush added 4.9 trillion in debt in 8 years. Obama has added 4.94 trillion in less than 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post

So you know the guy personally? He's always straight with you yea? No messing around? Ok. An honest politician? I want to live in your world.

I think the better question is, why would any American care what anyone outside of our country thinks about the election? Do you care what I think about Australia's election?
    Australia hardly matters on a global level. The United States is still the lone superpower.

Most people unconnected to Australia wouldn't care about the former. It makes no sense for most people affected by globalisation not to care about the latter.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-08-23 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aodhan View Post
    Fortunately, Americans, the people who have had to live under Obama, will be voting for our next president. Oh and to the OP, I'm not sure where you got your figures, but GW Bush added 4.9 trillion in debt in 8 years. Obama has added 4.94 trillion in less than 4 years.
    George W. Bush also inherited a budget surplus, while Obama inherited the greatest financial and economic calamity to hit the US since the Great Depression.

Obama inherited the two wars that bled America dry. He did not start them. Bush came into an amazing economic position thanks to Clinton and fucked it up royally.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 12:00 AM ----------

I know americans don't and probably should'nt care what others think, that's why the post is titles "non-americans" take on the US election.
    non-americans do not vote but we do form opinions which are a bit more objective because we get news from bbc and abc and not politcal party funded news networks. In fact one could argue that non-americans would have a more objective view of the whole mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama inherited the two wars that bled America dry. He did not start them. Bush came into an amazing economic position thanks to Clinton and fucked it up royally.
    Seriously? Iraq was already over and the forces had already started to withdraw. Our special forces did a great job of hunting down Bin Ladin. Also Bush did not fuck up the economy. Under him we saw the highest stock market levels in history. It was the banks and congress pressuring them to give loans to people that could not afford them that brought the economy down. People stopped paying their loans back, banks shut down or started penny pinching and stopped giving loans, and because of it the housing market and economy went down the tube.
    Live Free...

Quote Originally Posted by Eomar View Post
    Seriously? Iraq was already over and the forces had already started to withdraw. Our special forces did a great job of hunting down Bin Ladin. Also Bush did not fuck up the economy. Under him we saw the highest stock market levels in history. It was the banks and congress pressuring them to give loans to people that could not afford them that brought the economy down. People stopped paying their loans back, banks shut down or started penny pinching and stopped giving loans, and because of it the housing market and economy went down the tube.
    exactly not sure why everyone blames POTUS for everything when it the U.S. congress that's freaking retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz
    Why are they deleting all the topics about this on the official forums?

thats censorship man, fucking unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Its almost like it's a private forum with a set of rules people agreed to follow!

Check out what Bush did to the surplus Clinton managed to create:

http://thegooddemocrat.files.wordpre...cit7-11-07.gif

Now, Obama had an economic crisis to deal with of a size unseen since the Great Depression. What was Bush's excuse? A war in two countries in the Middle East (neither of which was the homeland of any of the 9/11 hijackers or Osama, nor was Osama caught in either of them) that got over 6,000 American soldiers killed and found no WMDs?

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MSTRKRFT View Post
    exactly not sure why everyone blames POTUS for everything when it the U.S. congress that's freaking retarded
    Because being a scapegoat for all of the government's missteps is basically the only job the President has.

Because it's common knowledge. He was the president while america went from surplus to deficit. Don't even get me started on iraq's massive stocks of the "WMDs"...remember the lies!

Frankly I'd be surprised if 90% of non-Americans DIDN'T think Americans were nuts. Common sense seems to be a rare commodity. In France a 70% voter turnout is considered apathy. In the US it'd be a miracle. As a country we'll pull our heads out of our backsides eventually, but not before some seriously bad stuff happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree people attribute too much power to POTUS, he is the commander in chief of the US military, and has the power to control things like foreign wars and Guantanamo Bay, the actions of the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, etc. These are all things of great significance to the rest of the world, because many of them affect things throughout the world. While the President may not have the power to wave a magic wand and heavily impact the economy, he does hold quite a lot of power to affect things throughout the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think any americans reading this should take a look at the results. (at the time of this post) it is 15:1 obama to romeny for people not in the USA. People who are not being targested by political adverts trying to win their attention. People who are far less likely to have a bias. I think thats enough to warrent a second thought and try to work things out in a different manner, one without politcal bias (granted that is very hard to get rid of).