Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Things you should know before you start

Alike thread was made in SWTOR forum and it was very useful. I checked and haven't seen a topic like this and decided to make one. Sorry if it is already made.

1-If you press "F" twice while looting, the item will be send to your inventory.
    2-You are able to create your personal waypoint on map while pressing "Alt" button.
    3-You can link "a waypoint link" on chat window and your friends can teleport there using that link if they discovered it before.

- You can draw circles or dicks on minimap for your party to see. (think the key is "Shift")
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    - You can draw circles or dicks on minimap for your party to see. (think the key is "Shift")
    Do not think the 'dicks' part was needed.

OT:

- White gear from vendors is actually decent, try to buy them every 5 levels unless yours is clearly better.
    - If a mob is chasing you, lead them to another target for them to switch off too.
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-08-24 at 08:41 AM.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    That's the only way to give directions in GW, I thought this was common knowledge.

Deleted
    Try to resurrect people if you can during PvP or dynamic events.

Turn on autoloot.
    You can go through the portals in the major cities to get to Lions Gate, then through the lions gate portals to any major city to catch up and quest/event with your friends right after you complete the tutorial.
    Get your Pick/Axe/Sickle after completing one or two events (and get some money). Harvesting gets lots of XP and if your bags are getting full you can just send it all to your bank until you are ready to craft.

Deleted

OT:

- White gear from vendors is actually decent, try to buy them every 5 levels unless yours is clearly better.
    - If a mob is chasing you, lead them to another target for them to switch off too.
    Im glad you said target and not player, becouse im quite sure thats would count as greifing

10+ Year Old Account
    Drawing dicks is a necessity in GW, everyone knows that.

OT: Just follow your nose, don't look at levelling speed or whatever. EXPLORE
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Im glad you said target and not player, becouse im quite sure thats would count as greifing
    I guess, but I was talking about major group events such as the troll champion. If it chased me I made sure to make it swap to someone else.

Deleted
    Get enough redbull / energy drinks / bars , food , a portable toilet ( having energy drinks in bottles is a win/win) , tell everyone you know you'll be off radar for attleast 2 weeks , be sure that you have paid your internet bill , have a weapon near you incase someone wants to get you away from the pc.

If anything else pops to your head feel free to edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    Try to resurrect people if you can during PvP or dynamic events.
    Saw a lot of this in beta, hope it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Saw a lot of this in beta, hope it continues.
    Just make sure you tell people its 'free xp' to rez people, and it will hopefully continue.

When you check your mail. Actually CHECK YOUR MAIL. There's actually a lot of money and items in there! And I didn't know that until a couple stress tests ago.

Deleted
    I guess, but I was talking about major group events such as the troll champion. If it chased me I made sure to make it swap to someone else.
    I know what you meant ^^ i was just thinking about this behavior in mmo´s in general, gather a bunch of mobs and then run towards nearest player and then if you have skill that takes away aggro of you, bam dead player!...so much fun but yea i kinda heard that´s banable in gw2

And im sorry im derailing things, ill just leave now, and also yay..we are sooo close!
    Last edited by mmoc2f42a3101f; 2012-08-24 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    If you press spacebar, you can jump.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Drawing dicks is a necessity in GW, everyone knows that.

OT: Just follow your nose, don't look at levelling speed or whatever. EXPLORE
    I really like this idea, but when I go and explore I tend to run into mobs twice my level, that kind of ruins the whole exploration thing to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    If you press spacebar, you can jump.
    wow! thanks for letting us know

Explore! There's a great big world out there, with a LOT going on in out of the way places!

Deleted
    Got another one. Try to level all of your weapons and don't just stick to only one set.

Keep some of other weapon types in your bag. You may need it. Exp: A guardian can switch to a mace/shield or focus to kill/outlast a hard hitting veteran/boss/rare (I usually quest with sword/torch and greatsword).

Quote Originally Posted by Souma View Post
    I really like this idea, but when I go and explore I tend to run into mobs twice my level, that kind of ruins the whole exploration thing to me.
    They had the entire 'sidekicking' thing which leveled you up in areas that you were lower in (you'd just be weaker than normal players at that level because you don't have as many skills/abilities etc), the opposite of the downgrading system we have now. They took it out though, which is sad because it made the entire world open for everyone and made it entirely sandbox and make your own 'path' in playing and made the game more linear in terms of leveling progress like other MMO's, just without the entire old questing system to a certain extent.

OT:

- Decide if your main character will be your crafter, or a seperate alt. You can get a max character from just leveling all the crafting professions which would be easy to do if you gathered materials from normal leveling on multiple characters.
    - Remember you can send all crafting materials to the crafting material bank from a selection in the bag interface
    - All characters have access to the material and stash storage
    - You can't send mail to yourself, so if you want to give money to an alt, put the money in your bank first or send to a Trusted friend to send to your alt if you don't want to make the long trip.
    - You can join as many guilds as you want, but can only represent one at a time.
    - You can 'guest' to any server you want to play with other friends, but your home server is the only server you can WvW with.
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-08-24 at 09:34 AM.