Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Is anyone completely certain it starts about 12 EST? Because if I have to wait until 3AM I'm going to be really sad.
    It's midnight PST...so 3am EST...but with the servers expected to come up 3 hrs early it makes it midnight est, but it could be anytime between 12-3am.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-08-25 at 02:41 AM.

Deleted
    Is anyone completely certain it starts about 12 EST? Because if I have to wait until 3AM I'm going to be really sad.
    Nothing is certain. They just say they may bring them up.

It could start at 5am for me or I could have to wait until 8am.

The only certain thing is that it will start by 12AM PST.

Okay thanks guys, was making sure.

Well, just wanted to reiterate my congratulations to those of you who get to play the game tonight (Ye lucky bastards >_>) have fun and don't forget to post pictures!

Now, I just had a question while I was making my dinner. How is aggro handled on this game? I mean, if there are no tanks, how do the mobs choose who to attack? do they attack whoever is closest? whoever deals more damage? its completely random?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Well, just wanted to reiterate my congratulations to those of you who get to play the game tonight (Ye lucky bastards >_>) have fun and don't forget to post pictures!

Now, I just had a question while I was making my dinner. How is aggro handled on this game? I mean, if there are no tanks, how do the mobs choose who to attack? do they attack whoever is closest? whoever deals more damage? its completely random?
    Most normal mobs attack nearest person...but not always. They can attack the one who they perceive as the biggest threat..i.e. the guy casting big in the back.
    Bosses will often have unique aggro mechanics and go after all manner of different things.
    It's an intelligent aggro system similar to GW1.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-08-25 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying, for those who don't have access to their old email accounts from GW1, can still link it to their Gw2 account on the main page now. Just enter in email/password, and you're good to go. (Haven't gone through the last few pages of this thread, so sorry if it's already been said).

Closer and closer now.

If plans are being made to play for any extended period of time tonight/day (as I no doubt probably will be); couple things to keep in mind. Water, keep a bottle of water at hand. Take extended breaks; by which I mean, if you go for a bio or to find a snack or something, walk around a bit, do some jumping jacks, get the blood pumping a bit; stretch out a bit, especially the legs and back. Have fun and stay healthy! Talk to everyone when I awaken after passing out sometime tomorrow no doubt. LOL

I feel so ridiculous right now.
    I'm sitting in front of my monitor fighting back a smile. I don't even get this excited for Christmas anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    I'm sitting in front of my monitor fighting back a smile. I don't even get this excited for Christmas anymore.
    I'm just hoping my internet will hold out, sitting at 1,000 ping :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    I never did.
    Christmas is a lie.
    GW2 is real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guildhead is up and running (site like WoWhead)

FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    They said it'll be as early ad 12 EST. Trust me, I know what you mean by not wanting to wait 'til 3AM. Luckily tons of coffee and snacks help that!

forum activity picking up. 1000+ ppl viewing, threads being closed left and right. mmm smells like a release.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Guildhead is up and running (site like WoWhead)

FYI
    And GW2guru, backed by the awesome GW2db, has been up and running for quite awhile.

ZAM's late to the party again. And that dragon looks pretty fucking generic.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Brace yourselves!

It's coming...

*Grabs sword and puts on fur coat*
    *Grabs rolling pin and puts on metal pot on head*
    /gameface

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    *Grabs rolling pin and puts on metal pot on head*
    /gameface
    ./highfive
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-25 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    They said it'll be as early ad 12 EST. Trust me, I know what you mean by not wanting to wait 'til 3AM. Luckily tons of coffee and snacks help that!
    Lol, and you think 3 AM is late? It's 5:14 in the morning here

New tweet!

"Servers are NOT up"

:c

Quote Originally Posted by Furyfire View Post
    Lol, and you think 3 AM is late? It's 5:14 in the morning here
    Your past late your early now :P