Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fans on Reddit Send 300 Cupcakes to ArenaNet

The GW2 sub-reddit raised enough money to send 300 super-fancy custom cupcakes to ArenaNet.

It was actually more than enough, and the extra funds are being donated to charity.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ei_colectivly/

In case you're wondering, the cupcakes were ordered and sent by courier from here: http://www.trophycupcakes.com/

/warmandfuzzy

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Deleted
    Good for them.

They're poison. It's reddit

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually really cool of them. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Yh....that's actually really amazing. Anet will be really touched by the love shown by the community. Well done reddit!

This was probably one of the most heartfelt things I've seen in awhile. People proving just how much we love ArenaNet. Good for them.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Similar thing happened with BioWare and Mass Effect 3 ending, except those cupcakes were meant to be an insult.

Well its reddit so I have to say at least one of the cupcakes is poisoned but at the same time its so sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least they didn't get 300 pitchforks... yes SC2 Reddit i'm looking at you and KeSPA/FeSPA

I wonder which ANet employee was volunteered to test them.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    I wonder which ANet employee was volunteered to test them.
    Thinking ANet will tell someone they're voluntold?

Allie will probably snag three of them before anyone even realizes they're there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

What's with the Reddit hate over here ? The GW2 Subreddit is a pretty cool community I must say

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    What's with the Reddit hate over here ? The GW2 Subreddit is a pretty cool community I must say
    That's cool 'n all..but seriously. Would you eat a cupcake that was sent to you by a stranger over the internet? Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Indeed, one of the better GW2 communities. I've only been involved over there for the past few weeks but everyone has been helpful and friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Rift guild sent them dozens of cookies lol. Got a server named after a member that passed away as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
    Indeed, one of the better GW2 communities. I've only been involved over there for the past few weeks but everyone has been helpful and friendly.
    I think GW2 is going to bring back the community we have been missing since the burning crusade.

Are you people daft? The Reddit folks themselves didn't bake a few hundred cupcakes and mail them to Anet, they raised the money and paid for them to be made and delivered by some bakery to Anet. A bakery that, as a legitimate business, wouldn't tamper with the cupcakes even if some douchenugget asked them to.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    That's cool 'n all..but seriously. Would you eat a cupcake that was sent to you by a stranger over the internet? Think about it.
    Isn't like it's going to be some random wacko making them though, they are going to get an actual brick and mortar bakery to make them.

Deleted
    that is just awesome!

have that ever happend to blizzard? O.o

if no, that most prove that they are getting their ass kicked:P

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgette View Post
    Isn't like it's going to be some random wacko making them though, they are going to get an actual brick and mortar bakery to make them.
    In that case then yeah, w/e. I don't know the details. Was just looking at the worst case scenario.

Which would be anthrax bomb cupcakes.