Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    You're complaining about something that hasn't come out yet and you haven't even tested yet. boggles my mind.
    And you're surprised? 90% of the topics here anymore are useless whining, just like this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Horde scenario is before the explosion and the Alliance scenario is after it.
    Nope, Spoilers from the new book coming out confirm that Alliance Players are there when the bomb drops.

From what I understood from Zarhym, "World event" is the scenario, and after it, if we visit Theramore, we see it's destruction... If that's it, it is very disappointing and lame to be honest... Even if you can repeat it by talking to the bronze dragonflight...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Nope, Spoilers from the new book coming out confirm that Alliance Players are there when the bomb drops.
    The spoilers and the scenarios are two different things. We all know from the datamined info that the Alliance scenario is after the bombing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    From what I understood from Zarhym, "World event" is the scenario, and after it, if we visit Theramore, we see it's destruction... If that's it, it is very disappointing and lame to be honest... Even if you can repeat it by talking to the bronze dragonflight...
    I ask you do you really think you will just suddendly log in and win? no you wont it would make 0 sense. There will be a series of quests leading up to it just like other events. Stop crying over something you have 0 idea of of how can or could play it once the patch hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I ask you do you really think you will just suddendly log in and win? no you wont it would make 0 sense. There will be a series of quests leading up to it just like other events. Stop crying over something you have 0 idea of of how can or could play it once the patch hits.
    If there were event quests, we would know by now from datamining the patch.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2012-08-24 at 10:30 PM.

If I'm being honest, I'm not surprised, but I am a bit disappointed. I wasn't expecting it to remain available after launch, and one of the big excitements of the pre-expansion events has been that exclusivity. I'm one of the people who remembers the zombie event fondly.

Hopefully, and I'm trying to keep optimistic, they have something in store that we haven't heard about, since they tested all of the event content internally. Since nothing has been data-mined yet, I wouldn't count on it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    That didn't seem to be the case from his words at least but I sure hope so and where did you see me crying there? You dolt, Read five times in your case before judging incorrectly and learn the meaning of the words "From what I understood" and especially the word "If".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lvl 85 Theramore scenarios are an one-timer, after the xpac, the plan is to make them lvl 90.
    this may have already been answered but zahrym posted on the forums that you can repeat the scenario by talking to a member of the bronze dragonflight

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...and-theramore/

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had to log on just to try to clarify this, the OP is saying that it is disappointing as this wont be an even such as the scourge invasion or the pre cata stuff, this will be a scenario which you can do over and over and it will not go away when mop hits.

I don't like how they are doing this either, i like how the pre-cata and pre-wrath events were, not this you can do whenever you want as it will be instanced. I like to see changes happening in all cities rather than instanced.

Just a preview of the entire expansion. Better get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And you're surprised? 90% of the topics here anymore are useless whining, just like this one.
    it's just a scenario, aren't you kind of dissapointed?

10+ Year Old Account
    The spoilers and the scenarios are two different things. We all know from the datamined info that the Alliance scenario is after the bombing.
    Then it's been changed, because the book says Jaina and 5 friends escape through a portal created by Rhonin before the bomb drops. These 5 friends are PC's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Then it's been changed, because the book says Jaina and 5 friends escape through a portal created by Rhonin before the bomb drops. These 5 friends are PC's
    We still don't know what happens next.

Deleted
    Not surprised. Blizz are terrified of World Events since people whined and baaww'ed about WotLK's pre-event breaking up the flow.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    HONESTLY What the heck is the difference between a scenario and a world event?!?!?!? World Events a one time thing and you can do this whenever you want! THAT'S BETTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Croz730 View Post
    Actually, it is MORE then they have done for any other pre-launch event.. we had random mob spawners, 1 extra mini-boss in Kara (if i remember right), a debuff that turned people into zombies for a few mins... and some troll/gnome quests. I think having 2 different scenarios that you will even be able t continue into mists will be great. Not only is it going to be a big turning point in the story but you will get to do it over and over if you so wish.

Not to even mention whatever it is that Chen will be doing around towns,.. we really don't have any good info or details about what else will be going on during these next few weeks either, i am sure it is not JUST this scenario, as that is simply not Blizzard style. .
    I think you are overestimating what a scenario is. It will take 15-20 minutes out of our lives. That is significantly less than most of the other pre-expansion events.
    Cata had the cultists in major cities, the questlines to join them and find out who they are/who their leader is. The elemental invasions into the cities and random places in the world. The four bosses that happen when the invasions are over. Then there was also the gnome and troll quest chains.

Wrath had the undead invasions into the major cities with some major lore added in like introducing putress and thrall's duel with garrosh. We had the undead invasions around the world (which i'll admit were recycled from... i think the naxx release?) that gave level 70 sets that gave bonuses against undead. We also had the plague that infected the major cities which gradually became worse over time. Started with the grain, then plagued insects, infected guards, etc. And the extra boss in kara that dropped a pet and a flavor item.

No idea about the BC one, wasn't here for it.

I remember spending a lot of time on those. Farming for the undead sets, watching some of the lore events. Hell, even the quest chain for finding out cho'gall was leading the cultists in the cata-pre events probably took as much time as the theramore scenarios will, and that was the shortest one of the cata events. I don't know if there is anything else planned for the pre-event, i'm not psychic. But if the pre-event is just the theramore scenario's then blizzard has really dropped the ball on this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest people actually wait and see what all the pre-launch event has to offer before complaining about it.

Please keep in mind that Blizzard has never tested or revealed the details of their pre-launch events before they were activated on live realms.

There may well be more to it than the Horde and Alliance Theramore Scenarios.

And personally, I'm glad they're keeping it in. It's a shame to remove content of any kind, but especially this sort of instanced content, and an event which will be so important to the upcoming storyline.

Incidentally, they have also suggested the possibility of introducing Scenarios for the Wrathgate and Battle for the Undercity events.

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 04:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wonktnodi View Post
    No idea about the BC one, wasn't here for it.
    A giant doomguard, Highlord Kruul, attacked Orgrimmar and Stormwind with a small army of infernals and core hound demons.

And then you could go to the Dark Portal and kill six felguards (spawning through the portal nonstop) to get a Tabard of the Protector, which was an Argent Dawn tabard you could click to make your character flex with sparkles around them.

The more surprised, the better. I want to be completely dumbstruck when Theramore is hit.

Well Zarhym made a reply about the scenario and world map Theramore. Seems the moment our chars do the fall of theramore scenario and get the achievement, it will phase that area like firelands. So this means, if you are a lowbie questing, you can still see Theramore and can quest there, and that's why the Theramore scenario will always be available. So you can phase that area at 85.