Thread: Star Wars: 1313

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Star Wars: 1313

Star Wars 1313 is an upcoming third-person action-adventure video game developed and to be published by LucasArts. The game will put the player in the role of a bounty hunter navigating the planet Coruscant's subterranean level 1313 underworld as they try to uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy. The game will take a more mature, gritty direction compared to past Star Wars video games and emphasizes fast-paced, gadget and weapon based combat using tools exclusive to bounty hunters rather than Force and lightsaber based combat.

Now, doesn't that sound pretty amazing?

Well take a look at this video walkthrough of a trailer: Yes, watch this video before the actual trailer for maximum enjoyment.

Now, here is the actual trailer.

Essentially, this is a game based around a Bounty Hunter. Its not like the typical hack and slash Star Wars game (I.E. Force Unleashed). As you can see, the graphics are pretty intense and will be visually demanding- but thats AWESOME.

I want to update this with more information as it comes out. Those of you who have found things that are highly intriguing, please post!

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip
    nvm, u posted it already, I thought it was another video.

There's a lot of "cover shoot" games incoming, but this is really awesome anyway.
    Last edited by shimargh; 2012-08-25 at 01:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

I was super excited for the visuals and everything when I first saw this trailer at E3. Then I saw cover based shooting and cried a little bit inside : (

Looks fucking awesome. Can't wait to start crackin out achieves on the 360.

Looks pretty sweet. Is this a console only game?

Been hearing rumors from G4, Machinima, RoosterTeeth that this may be Lucas Art's first rated M game.

The movies where only PG13, wern't they?

This makes me happy to see a "violent" Star Wars themed game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I was super excited for the visuals and everything when I first saw this trailer at E3. Then I saw cover based shooting and cried a little bit inside : (
    You never know what may change! The website is barely even set up, meaning things can still be drastically changed.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Looks pretty sweet. Is this a console only game?
    No, everything shown is PC so far. Unless I missed something that E3 that wasn't PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You never know what may change! The website is barely even set up, meaning things can still be drastically changed
    I doubt they'd change something like that. Cover based shooters are popular, and given how cover based shooting was like...all the combat they showed at E3 I don't think they're going to re-think their whole combat system : /

Deleted
    OH MY THIS IS SO AWESOME!

And there's talk about that new high budget star wars TV series about a bounty hunter, so much goodness.

Their art and animation is also incredible.
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2012-08-25 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I doubt they'd change something like that. Cover based shooters are popular, and given how cover based shooting was like...all the combat they showed at E3 I don't think they're going to re-think their whole combat system : /
    So what's wrong with cover-based shooters?

Fuck yes. I loved the Republic Commando game for the dark side of the entire Star Wars story and now we get another one. Plus, Bounty Hunters are pretty gangster, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    So what's wrong with cover-based shooters?
    Personally, I don't enjoy cover-based shooters so much because it makes all the action feel more scripted (read: not entirely scripted, but more so) than if it weren't cover-based. Less decision about what you're going to do and more pointA-pointB combat.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I don't really have a problem with Cover-Based shooters, however I've only played a couple. But I really hope they go down the Deus Ex : Human Revolution route where they give you Multiple options on how to play out a Quest.

I think that's how a Bounty Hunter based game should work. There needs to be the option to use a Cover-based system to just flat out assault, but there also needs to be other options like Sneaking, Following a Target until they are alone and shooting a Tranq dart at them, Poisoning their Food or whatever. That's a crappy list of things but you probably get my point, there needs to be more then just Running and Gunning, but there does need to be that option.

We'll hopefully find out tons more info at some future Expos and Cons, but based purely off the; Graphics, Art Style and Description they've given us, it sounds pretty damn awesome, and a direction I've wanted to see a Star Wars game go in for a good many years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Personally, I don't enjoy cover-based shooters so much because it makes all the action feel more scripted (read: not entirely scripted, but more so) than if it weren't cover-based. Less decision about what you're going to do and more pointA-pointB combat.
    But they don't mostly force you to take cover, do they? In deus ex you can still be crouched behind stuff and so forth or side step near corner if you want to but the cover is obviously more efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    itll dissapoint like all star wars games....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    itll dissapoint like all star wars games....
    Well that depends what you call a disappoint, its like saying Vanilla is disappointing ... not everyone will think so.

SWTOR, Star Wars Battlefront are decent Star Wars games.
    -K

I'm just happy there's something serious coming out of Star Wars these days...

That game looks amazing to be honest. I will buy it surely

This is the first Star Wars game since... Galaxies... to actually make me interested in playing something Star Wars related again.

Deleted
    That game looks interesting indeed, will buy it for sure if it turns out well.