View Poll Results: Rate your impression!

Voters
385. This poll is closed
  • I love it

180 46.75%
  • I like it

85 22.08%
  • It's okay

49 12.73%
  • Meh

47 12.21%
  • I hate it.

24 6.23%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    ,m.
    Still doesnt make up for the fact the title is impressions so far not thoughts so far. Who phoned the grammar police.
    The distinction between thoughts and feelings is not grammar.
    Last edited by yolmez86; 2012-08-26 at 08:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Fucking love it. Never been in love and obsessed with an online game since I started playing WoW. And that's saying a lot seeing as I've tried almost every other MMO and hated them with a passion.

Yep, pretty much sums up my thoughts, it feels good to be excited about a game again, and not go oh well this is disappointing, nothing yet has made me think that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yolmez86 View Post
    The distinction between thoughts and feelings is not grammar.
    This thread has had a distinction over qualitative and quantitative and now between thoughts and feelings who would have thought a simple what are your impressions thread could invite such a fantastic learning experience :P

This thread has had a distinction over qualitative and quantitative and now between thoughts and feelings who would have thought a simple what are your impressions thread could invite such a fantastic learning experience :P
    You learn all sorts of things once your gibberish is exposed to people with actual understanding of the language.

You learn all sorts of things once your gibberish is exposed to people with actual understanding of the language.
    While you're at it why don't you teach him how to spot a jerk?

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh...that cuts so deep, i'm from Somerset, english is my second language behind farmer talk but thanks for learning me today, can you continue these lessons in private, send me some PMs.

Good to see a lot of people loving it, even though this is a gw2 subforum so its expected.

sigh...that cuts so deep, i'm from Somerset, english is my second language behind farmer talk but thanks for learning me today, can you continue these lessons in private, send me some PMs.

Good to see a lot of people loving it, even though this is a gw2 subforum so its expected.
    If you promise to change your avatar. I see that guy and I just want to punch something. Preferably that guy. ps: "teaching" instead of "learning" there.

I'm on the ok state atm but I haven't really had that much time to play yet so I guess it could go either way still.

Really enjoying it so far! That said however, I am still getting the error "Template "{"code":3010,"product":1008,"module":1,"line":462,"text":""}" not found" when trying to activate my account, which is annoying but at least I am able to play regardless.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

So far I have really enjoyed the game, the skill and combat feels fresh, and the world seems so big im in awe. Finally started being able to navigate well, just waiting for the AH to start working so I can sell all my junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, so far it's okay. It's certainly not "next gen" like the hype is saying as quite simply it is just different. I like how you can mount turrets in the Charr starting area to defend etc so that is really cool. Overall it's okay but that might change as I continue playing.

I wouldn't expect this thread to be a very good representation of peoples' impressions. Many people who love the game will be too busy playing to vote in this thread, but this thread will be a magnet for haters.

Very MEH questing early on. Don't see a real story line past "Go help these people" so far. GW2 is a filler until something better comes for sure. Hopefully CS:GO fixes the recoil/sprays and I'll swap to that.

It's certainly not "next gen" like the hype is saying as quite simply it is just different.
    I agree.
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-08-26 at 09:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shostie View Post
    I wouldn't expect this thread to be a very good representation of peoples' impressions. Many people who love the game will be too busy playing to vote in this thread, but this thread will be a magnet for haters.
    Not everyone plays all the time, some people take a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Not everyone plays all the time, some people take a break.
    No only haters take a break clearly, even though less than 20% are negative. ITs actually not a good representation because this is a GW2 subforum and will thus have a higher incidence of likers than haters, not because of the reasons he says

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^ Love it so far. It's actually making me not want to play MoP, but I'll see if I feel the same come a week or two before its launch. Despite the mailing system and Trading Post being down (at least on my server for the mail, friends were saying it worked on theirs), the game runs as smooth as it did on beta. I've only seen one bugged event so far, everything else is great!

Deleted
    I like it.

One thing i do love about it is the scale. Everything is so vast and grand. Divinity's Reach is spectacular. When i first went into the city playing in my head was GW2 saying to other mmos [australian accent] That's not a city... this is a city! [/australian accent]. I am only level 10 but Queensdale is a massive zone and i hope the others are just as vast.

Deleted
    It's great.

I love the exploration idea that they built the game around; it's something that's been missing for a long time in WoW, and SWTOR sort of tried to do but did it half-arsed. In GW2 I'm rewarded for running around aimlessly; I get PoIs popping up, find Dynamic Events out of the way, I found a jumping puzzle and a couple of treasure chests lying around in the world.

The crafting is the same in that you have to try different combos of items to unlock recipes; you don't just visit a trainer and learn everything. It's particularly good with cooking where I currently have over 40 ingredients that can go in all sorts of combos; there's a lot to discover. Warhammer Online has a similar system IIRC, but it was clunky and hard-work compared to this which is just fun.

Combat is good. I have trouble being interested in ranged characters, I feel like it's slightly too easy and I get bored of the combat quickly. However, on my Thief it's a lot more fun and more dangerous being up close.

The level scaling system is pretty amazing, I can go back and completely explote the first area map, get all vistas/way points/points of interest and I dont feel penalized in anyway at all, it's an amazing feeling I can now enjoy exploration.

If you like to explore then gw2 is amazing for you imo.

Deleted
    Good, I'm pleasantly surprised as I wasn't sure how the dynamic questing would turn out. Nice graphics and aethestics, large zones filled with stuff to do in one way or the other, nice story quest thus far. The only concern I have thus far is that combat feels a bit sluggish on my Charr Warrior, something I haven't felt to the same degree at all on my other characters, so it may be because he's a big Charr in heavy armor - I'm not sure.