Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dodge in pvp (MoP)

How do you guys feel about the fact that dodge will be useless in pvp in MoP?

According to a certain person, 3% expertise is going to negate any amount of dodge in pvp.

In a way i guess it's nice since it removes a huge area of RNG in pvp, but I'm wondering how you guys are taking it.

EDIT: this is not the case, the people who were telling me this were wrong.
    Last edited by Illana; 2012-08-29 at 06:42 AM.

That is completely wrong.

Good luck fighting Monks.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2012-08-28 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That is completely wrong.

Good luck fighting Monks.
    what part is wrong just to clarify?

There's a couple of people in the hunter forums who swear by the fact 3% expertise will be the hardcap in pvp no matter how much dodge the opponent has.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    what part is wrong just to clarify?

There's a couple of people in the hunter forums who swear by the fact 3% expertise will be the hardcap in pvp no matter how much dodge the opponent has.
    If that is true then the Night Elf Quickness Racial (+2% dodge) will be defunct...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox View Post
    If that is true then the Night Elf Quickness Racial (+2% dodge) will be defunct...
    night elf racial is +2% to miss chance, nothing to do with dodge.

lol Everything.

You can't realistically stack enough expertise to completely negate all dodge or parry. If you want 100% negation you hit a target from behind or if they are stunned. Hunters rarely hit targets from behind, so they may have to stack more expertise than melee. Rogues have stuns, and it often the most reliable to land a stun by being behind a target.

A soft cap of expertise is important to avoid Gouge being dodged by a mage for example as they have low dodge. But a Monk which has almost as much dodge as a Rogue and almost as much parry as DPS strength classes is a different matter all together.

yeah but from what i'm hearing, 3% expertise is enough even if you have like 50% dodge for example.

I know how the current system works in cata but the people in this topic are telling me that expertise and dodge are being changed completely in mop but i cant find the patch notes anywhere =S

Don't worry when they face a monk with a good blend if parry/dodge they will learn the hard way haha.

i guess they're just misinformed then....

i guess they're just misinformed then....
    No the person you are speaking to is the one thats misinformed. Dogde doesent go away, only the one from stats when you are capped. Monk still get alot of dodge when using certain abilitys, same for rogues during evasion, warrior during die by the sword or hunter detterence. Those ability are unaffected by expertise. What will be affected by expertise is the 20% parry and 30% dodge we get from primary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    No the person you are speaking to is the one thats misinformed. Dogde doesent go away, only the one from stats when you are capped. Monk still get alot of dodge when using certain abilitys, same for rogues during evasion, warrior during die by the sword or hunter detterence. Those ability are unaffected by expertise. What will be affected by expertise is the 20% parry and 30% dodge we get from primary stats.
    ok this is interesting, so you just need 3% to cover the dodge/parry you get from str/agi? Is there any blue post which tells us this? I'm trying really hard but im either blind or stupid but i cant see it anywhere in notes.

ok this is interesting, so you just need 3% to cover the dodge/parry you get from str/agi? Is there any blue post which tells us this? I'm trying really hard but im either blind or stupid but i cant see it anywhere in notes.
    Website is down so its hard to do. Its been general knowledge on beta for a while. Some people dont realise it because for exemple Mystweaver monk gets a passive that gives them stackable parry when attacked from the front, brewmaster can also use illusive brew for 15 second of 30% dodge.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-08-28 at 02:55 PM.

night elf racial is +2% to miss chance, nothing to do with dodge.
    They changed it to dodge again for MoP.
    http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=20582
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-08-28 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    oh, AWESOME.

So glad they finally realised that the 2% miss was moronic in competitive pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys feel about the fact that dodge will be useless in pvp in MoP?

According to a certain person, 3% expertise is going to negate any amount of dodge in pvp.

In a way i guess it's nice since it removes a huge area of RNG in pvp, but I'm wondering how you guys are taking it.
    3% expertise is only enough to negate the total dodge of any non-agility spec. Mages, Priests, Warlocks, Resto/Boomies, Ele/Resto, DKs, Warriors, Paladins.

These classes all have only 3% dodge baseline. 3% expertise negates THAT.

Edit: for more clarity, for example, a Rogue might have 25% dodge. That 3% expertise is only going to reduce them to 22% dodge.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2012-08-28 at 03:35 PM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    3% expertise is only enough to negate the total dodge of any non-agility spec. Mages, Priests, Warlocks, Resto/Boomies, Ele/Resto, DKs, Warriors, Paladins.

These classes all have only 3% dodge baseline. 3% expertise negates THAT.

Edit: for more clarity, for example, a Rogue might have 25% dodge. That 3% expertise is only going to reduce them to 22% dodge.
    As far as found on beta, this is not the case anymore. Expertise and Hit rating will guarantee no dodge, parry and miss depending on your target level and not their % chance. Buff outside their base+stats %. Like say evasion, a boss ability, night elf racial, cannot be reduced by expertise. For all intent and prupose when server opens today and you cap expertise everyone but night elves will have 0% dodge, unless an ability is used.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-08-28 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Aaaand another racial nerfed while humans and goblins still run rampant. Tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    As far as found on beta, this is not the case anymore. Expertise and Hit rating will guarantee no dodge, parry and miss depending on your target level and not their % chance. Buff outside their base+stats %. Like say evasion, a boss ability, night elf racial, cannot be reduced by expertise. For all intent and prupose when server opens today and you cap expertise everyone but night elves will have 0% dodge, unless an ability is used.
    this sounds plausible but still havent seen any blues on the subject.

im very surprised blizzard would take this course of action though but it's a good sign that they're actually listening to their pvp playerbase if this were true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1: Find a dodge reforged bear.
    Step 2: Duel dodge reforged bear with low-grade weaponry and 3% expertise.
    Step 3: Read combat log.

Speculation on this subject is really really silly.

(I'll grant you can't do that while servers are down, but waiting until it's live isn't going to change a thing)

EDIT: and bug report if the bear doesn't dodge.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-08-28 at 10:00 PM.

This change would be absolutely immense. I would be shocked to see such a nerf with no announcement.

Note that it's called 3% expertise because it negates 3% of dodge or parry (one comes first). If you are seeing that players with 20% dodge are never dodging, that sounds like a bug.