Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Rustynip: Also have a "/" in the Other Consumables section for Flask of Winter's Bite.

Yes I'm OCD about this stuff

@Cityfella;

IcyVeins is a) Wrong or b) Mistyped.

1. Hit -> 7.5%
    2. Expertise -> 7.5%
    3. STR/Crit (Depending on Spec)
    5. Mastery
    6. Haste.

You have to hit Expertise capped which is 7.5% (2549 @ 90, 769 @ 85).

Do not reforge into Hit after hitting the cap, but focus on Crit, if the piece already has Crit on it, then put it in Mastery.

White hits generate rage yes, but Crit hits generate 10 rage via Enrage.

Both Arms & Fury will want to stay at 7.5% Hit rating, so the gear sucks for both with how much haste is itemized on it but just got to deal with it.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    **Edit**
    Answered above lol
    Last edited by Rustynip; 2012-08-28 at 06:21 PM.

interesting, thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    Wrote this in another thread, but thought it might apply to the topics discussed here.

Was jsut reading the Fury warrior DPS guide on Icy-Veins and read the following "Expertise Rating, up to the soft cap of 7.5%, is your worst statistic."
    What is that about?
    Isn't it kind of essential to cap your expertise?

Please enlighten me if i have missed something here.
    They prioritize the stats as the following:

The stat priority for an Fury Warrior is:

1. Hit Rating (until 7.5%);
    2. Critical Strike Rating;
    3. Strength;
    4. Mastery Rating;
    5. Haste Rating;
    6. Expertise Rating (until 7.5%).

Scource: http://www.icy-veins.com/fury-warrio...rity-reforging

I know it has been discussed previously, but i'm kind of confused weather or not Critical strike is worth prioritizing over Strength, and in what numbers? I mean should you focus on Crit-only gems or Strength/Crit gems?

A guy in another thread said that you should reforge all hit after 7.5% to crit instead!?

Is that really smart to reforge hit after 7.5% since i guess that is to be capped with yellow attacks. I mean since white attacks generate rage, the more likely you are to hit -> dps increase?

Will be alot of fun trying it out tommorow (EU).

Edit: Was looking through the new Tier gear, and it seems like it more made for Arms specc then fury, based on the low amount of Hit on it?
    That was me. The reason Crit is so good is that everything is based on Enrage procs - in t14H gear, Bloodthirst will be crit capped during Recklessness (with the glyph). That is an extra 10 rage every time you use BT. Ideally, you want to try to get as close to 100% uptime on Enrage as possible, which not only is buffed by our mastery, but also gives you more procs of Raging Blow.

Raging Blow costs 10 rage and Wild Strike Costs 30. Given that RB is >> WS already in terms of both damage and DPR, combining RB + HS (w/ deadly calm) for a total of 30 rage expenditure greatly outdoes anything a baseline WS can do.

Crit increases not only our damage but also our rage generation and crit increases rage generation at a far greater rate than hit or haste per point. I hope I'm explaining that well enough.

As for the other thing, their guides have several inaccuracies. Hit/Exp to 7.5% is the #1 priority, then crit, then mastery. After 7.5% hit/exp, you can forget about those stats entirely.

I can see capping crit for bloodthirst, but I have a hard time believing that crit is better than strength for gemming. Strength will boost all your hits, white and yellow, as well as raise you crit cap damage.

I would have to do my own testing to buy into gemming crit over strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragewulf View Post
    I can see capping crit for bloodthirst, but I have a hard time believing that crit is better than strength for gemming. Strength will boost all your hits, white and yellow, as well as raise you crit cap damage.

I would have to do my own testing to buy into gemming crit over strength.
    You may be forgetting that secondary stat gems in MoP give 2x the amount of stats as primary stat gems. So where you have a +160 str gem, you could have a +320 crit gem. Crit would only have to be 1/2 as good as str to still gem crit, and it is significantly better than that.

Edit: this is not retroactively applied to Cata gems, so don't bother wasting 10k gold to re-gem your gear for 4 weeks.
    Last edited by Tzel; 2012-08-28 at 06:39 PM.

Ok thanks for clarifying Tzel!

I'm still curious about gemming though, wether or not you should gem purely Str (red slots) or just go for Str/Crit for everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    Ok thanks for clarifying Tzel!

I'm still curious about gemming though, wether or not you should gem purely Str (red slots) or just go for Str/Crit for everything?
    For MoP gear:

Crit/hit as Blue (+160 crit/+160 hit)
    Crit as Yellow (+320 crit)
    Crit/str as Red (+80 str/+160 crit)

Yes, blue sockets still suck

For the 4 weeks until MoP comes, just keep the gems you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzel View Post
    You may be forgetting that secondary stat gems in MoP give 2x the amount of stats as primary stat gems. So where you have a +160 str gem, you could have a +320 crit gem. Crit would only have to be 1/2 as good as str to still gem crit, and it is significantly better than that.

Edit: this is not retroactively applied to Cata gems, so don't bother wasting 10k gold to re-gem your gear for 4 weeks.
    This literally has nothing to do with it...
    These show what stat weights will be today when servers go live. As you can see, Crit is far far better than Strength is. None of this bullshit about gems giving twice as many stats. This means that when looking at a 50 Str gem and a 50 Crit gem, the Crit gem is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    This literally has nothing to do with it...
    These show what stat weights will be today when servers go live. As you can see, Crit is far far better than Strength is. None of this bullshit about gems giving twice as many stats. This means that when looking at a 50 Str gem and a 50 Crit gem, the Crit gem is superior.
    Yes, but there is no sense in regemming for 4 weeks of dead content. If you want to buy lava corals and lightstones for all of your red/yellow sockets, be my guest. But I'm not going to advise someone to waste their gold for a minor DPS increase on things that are no longer relevant.

My point was that even if Crit was only 1/2 as good as str, it'd still be worth gemming for in MoP. Obviously, it's much, much better than that, so it is a no-brainer decision to gem for crit.
    Last edited by Tzel; 2012-08-28 at 06:52 PM.

God people have no idea what EP values mean. And my attempt at clarifying it in the Fury guide thread got people being funny and saying we should use daggers and agi gear.

Ochron, did you make that profile? I'm not sure how to change the new talents in SimulationCraft since chardev doesn't support it yet.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

I borrowed it from Ranikotar from the WoW Warrior forums. I couldn't get CharDev to save my profile for whatever reason, but they could get it to work. So, I just used theirs.

Yeah that profile isn't using Dragon Roar or any other talent. Plus the 11% damage done from Gurthalak seems a tad too high, I don't know how SimulationCraft handles that. But then again I've never raided as Fury with dual wielded Gurths.

Anyway TG is simming for almost the same numbers as pre-patch (without Dragon Roar, again) so Arms is probably still ahead for 5.0.4.

EDIT: Nvm, chardev isn't update with the new weapon damage ranges, those results aren't reliable.
    Last edited by Satori; 2012-08-28 at 07:04 PM.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Yeah that profile isn't using Dragon Roar or any other talent. Plus the 11% damage done from Gurthalak seems a tad too high, I don't know how SimulationCraft handles that. But then again I've never raided as Fury with dual wielded Gurths.

Anyway TG is simming for almost the same numbers as pre-patch (without Dragon Roar, again) so Arms is probably still ahead for 5.0.4.

EDIT: Nvm, chardev isn't update with the new weapon damage ranges, those results aren't reliable.
    Uh, yes it is... You're using CharDev 10, right?

Holy shit I'm stupid. Thanks, now I can get some answers hopefully.

EDIT: Can't save profiles in chardev 10. I'm guessing the reason why that profile worked is because it was done in chardev 9 and why the weapon damage ranges are incorrect in it.
    Last edited by Satori; 2012-08-28 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Holy shit I'm stupid. Thanks, now I can get some answers hopefully.

EDIT: Can't save profiles in chardev 10. I'm guessing the reason why that profile worked is because it was done in chardev 9 and why the weapon damage ranges are incorrect in it.
    I'm asking for the other person's profile that ran the sim with their CharDev 10 profile. But the results they reported were very similar to the ones I just had the screenshot from.

Hey there Rustynip those question help me a lot but i have more and in my quest of learning warrior i will ask any questions even if they sound stupid so please bear with me for a sec

Now for my other questions as we start normal the general rotation BT-GCD-GCD-BT as we pool the rage for the next CS cycle and we burn the rage in 6 sec do we delay BT till the armor debuff its off or we use BT or cd

As i keep testing my warrior on PTR i have this situation when i get a Blood surge proc and RB (this is not under CS) what's the best way to do it delay BT or go for RB-Blood Surge-BT-Blood Surge?

We have time to use 2 fillers in BT circle now lets say everything its on CD what do u prefer BT-WS-WS or BT-WS-(Battle Shout or Heroic Throw) and pool up the rage for the next CS cycle

Sorry if the questions sound stupid but everything is important to me every sec every bit of dmg

Will this macro work in MoP for a fury warrior:

/cast berserker rage
    /cast deadly calm
    /cast recklessness
    /cast bloodthirst.

then go the the normal rotation with spells not called in the macro
    And spamming that macro button ?
    Last edited by Domasi; 2012-08-28 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domasi View Post
    Will this macro work in MoP for a fury warrior:

/cast berserker rage
    /cast deadly calm
    /cast recklessness
    /cast bloodthirst.

then go the the normal rotation with spells not called in the macro
    And spamming that macro button ?
    It would work, but macro-ing Berserker rage is not ideal. Additionally, Deadly Calm functions only on heroic strike/cleave and is a very weak CD, so macro-ing it into HS or into HS + battle shout (effectively rage neutral at the cost of a GCD, but can be used to effectively fill an otherwise open GCD) would be a better choice.
    Last edited by Tzel; 2012-08-28 at 09:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anybody know how I could simulate a mouse click on an mx518 for heroic leap? Really annoying to manually click it in the middle of a rotation.