Thread: Mystic Coins

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mystic Coins

So I have mystic coins, what do I combine them with? Every time I put one in the forge, everything else won't work with it. Are there special items I need to combine with them?

Deleted
    I didn't even know they were for crafting. Huh. Learn something new every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So I have mystic coins, what do I combine them with? Every time I put one in the forge, everything else won't work with it. Are there special items I need to combine with them?
    Have you tried the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch?

Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    Ding ding ding.

They're used for the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch to buy REALLY good stuff.

Amazing. He had three sentences and you still didn't read it all before posting :P

He has already put them into the forge but doesn't know what works with them.

On topic: Me neither
    Cake!

What other forge would he be talking about? You can't use them anywhere else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morsdraconis View Post
    Ding ding ding.

They're used for the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch to buy REALLY good stuff.
    Thanks, i wish it was my idea....
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Coin

I've made some nice things from the forge none of whiched used a coin, i've tried putting weapons in with a coin, weapon parts with a coin.

At a loss to be honest.

I only found them by doing the daily achievement. Do we have another way to find them?
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2012-08-28 at 03:52 PM.

No one knows how they work yet? lol

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one knows how they work yet? lol
    The all powerful google has no consensus. I would say we still haven't figured it out yet. That's kind of exciting and a compliment to the game these days. Give us more mystery please.

well they are compatible with Crystals you buy from the vendor by the mystic forge in Lion's Arch

Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    well they are compatible with Crystals you buy from the vendor by the mystic forge in Lion's Arch
    Oh? I must go test this out. Couldn't find said merchants. All I found are merchants that sell food and then crafting supplies.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-08-28 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    some food too. Wasnt able to find a combo that ultimately worked but cookies and strawberry pie's both stayed lit up with a coin in the forge although either greyed out when I put one of em in.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't it mention the Mystic Forge right in the tooltip?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    What other forge would he be talking about? You can't use them anywhere else.
    There's a mystic forge in WvW too. I got confused by that since I didn't notice the Lion's Arch part of the description..

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh? I must go test this out. Couldn't find said merchants. All I found are merchants that sell food and then crafting supplies.
    Yea I couldn't find the merchant with the crystals. I'll have to go back again and look
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    The tootip says "These coins are used to create high level weapons at the mystic forge" soooo perhaps they only work when making a rare or legendary? I have a few in the bank. High level weps was the give away for me, there not going to work at level 20 etc
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-09-03 at 05:56 AM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    they are used to make things like feasts and weapons

The reality is that you just don't have the proper materials yet. If you look around the world, you'll find clues to proper recipes. Or you can just wait for someone to do all the work for you, and hope they put it up on the wiki.