Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    True. Had a look at it this afternoon. Troll seems to come out ahead of Orc, mostly because of the gain from stacking haste CD's with Fire Elemental. Goblin is a distant third.
    Oh really Troll still stays ahead of Orc? Even with Primal Elementalist? Thats pretty interesting. Oh well, sticking with Goblin regardless, Goblin Jump is just too invaluable for me.

Hey guys, was wondering if any of you awesome shamans are doing the PTR at all? If so, i really need help, i cant decide what class is preforming better (Balance Druid or Ele Shaman) As i want to main one of them in MoP.

Does anyone have any good logs on dps atm on the PTR ? Any WoL or anything? Really intrested in Elemental shaman changes/ect.

Thanks!

A scenario I'm not sure what to do in...

I currently have the 4 set tier bonus for ele. When I am popping Elemental Mastery, am I still supposed to cast Earth Shock with 7-9 charges? I honestly don't know if it would be a direct dps increase, as I receive additional mastery/haste from casting Lightning Bolts/Lava bursts.

10+ Year Old Account
    EM doesn't significantly change the rotation; given our Haste levels and that we will try and combine it with Bloodlust/hero, the damage bonus is the bigger deal currently, so yes, you still use ES.

This all may change a bit when the MoP pre-patch hits and EM becomes a class talent with a pure Haste boost, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    EM doesn't significantly change the rotation; given our Haste levels and that we will try and combine it with Bloodlust/hero, the damage bonus is the bigger deal currently, so yes, you still use ES.

This all may change a bit when the MoP pre-patch hits and EM becomes a class talent with a pure Haste boost, however.
    I see, thank you for your answer!

Is UE still out of our rotation in MoP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post
    Is UE still out of our rotation in MoP?
    As far as I know, yes, unless of course you choose to run with either the Unleashed Fury talent, or run without the Unleashed Lightning Glyph and need to move.

Silly/stupid question:
    I'm using the Unleashed Lightning glyph, and I've found that as a result I can't do my normal cancel method (jump/move) to stop casting Lightning Bolt in order to cast Lava Burst when it procs as a free cast. I know how to fix my Wind Shear by using a /stopcasting macro, but I'm concerned about doing the same with Lava Burst as I can easily see myself hitting Lava Burst when it's off CD a second too early and cancelling the Lightning Bolt that I wanted to complete. Is there another alternative?

Or is this not an issue because I'm only dealing with quest mobs and once I'm actually wailing on bosses there's no point in cancelling a Lightning Bolt for Lava Burst proc because there'll be enough time to cast it when the Lightning Bolt is finished casting?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Silly/stupid question:
    I'm using the Unleashed Lightning glyph, and I've found that as a result I can't do my normal cancel method (jump/move) to stop casting Lightning Bolt in order to cast Lava Burst when it procs as a free cast. I know how to fix my Wind Shear by using a /stopcasting macro, but I'm concerned about doing the same with Lava Burst as I can easily see myself hitting Lava Burst when it's off CD a second too early and cancelling the Lightning Bolt that I wanted to complete. Is there another alternative?

Or is this not an issue because I'm only dealing with quest mobs and once I'm actually wailing on bosses there's no point in cancelling a Lightning Bolt for Lava Burst proc because there'll be enough time to cast it when the Lightning Bolt is finished casting?
    1 - Never cancel casts in PvE. Its always a DPS loss

2 - Pressing Esc also cancels casts

3 - You can make a /stopcasting macro with nothing else in it and bind it to whatever

4 - Never cancel casts in PvE. Its ALWAYS a DPS loss

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    1 - Never cancel casts in PvE. Its always a DPS loss
    4 - Never cancel casts in PvE. Its ALWAYS a DPS loss
    ... I'm assuming you mean if I'm not on Wind Shear duty, right?
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2012-08-29 at 12:39 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    If you have to interrupt then that takes higher priority than your meter dps. Otherwise it's as Undefetter said. Never cancel a spellcast in PvE to cast another damaging spell.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    If you have to interrupt then that takes higher priority than your meter dps. Otherwise it's as Undefetter said. Never cancel a spellcast in PvE to cast another damaging spell.
    You know what the problem is? It's the damn aura/spinning glowing thing that makes me want to stop what I'm doing and cast the proc. I'll get over it.

Deleted
    You know what the problem is? It's the damn aura/spinning glowing thing that makes me want to stop what I'm doing and cast the proc. I'll get over it.
    As said, if you need to Wind Shear then thats a mechanic specific thing and requires you to cancel casts, just like you would cancel a Lava Burst cast if you had to get out of some fire or something. As for the aura, yeah, you just have to ignore it and use it as a que to queue up Lava Burst next.

10+ Year Old Account
    LvB also have the glowing edge now when off CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    LvB also have the glowing edge now when off CD?
    No, just when proc'd by a Lava Surge. (in standard UI)
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2012-08-29 at 12:56 PM. Reason: clarifying ui

Well, easy solution is

/stopcasting
    /cast Wind Shear
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Has anyone tried to play without Unleash Lightning glyph? It doesn't even feel like the same class
    Hi Sephurik

has anyone compared the draenei racial to the panda racial? and how much of a difference it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Has anyone tried to play without Unleash Lightning glyph? It doesn't even feel like the same class
    It feels exactly like ele shaman pre 4.1
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Has anyone tested Conductivity this patch yet? It seems ridiculously strong with the Healing Rains ticking as well. For example, I just ran LFR Madness, using Healing Rain whenever it was off cooldown (aiming at the melee DPS around tentacles) and continued as Elemental DPS.

Finished with 57k DPS in 2nd place on meters (fair enough this number is pretty average) but I also topped healing for the fight with 22.7k Healing per second. I'm loving this talent as I feel it genuinely solidifies our position as a Healing hybrid and in a way kind of justifies our sub par DPS. After years of Qqing about the tax on hybrids I'm almost won over, thanks to this one talent. However, I do admit it is a pain in the arse to cast it in the rotation!