Spectral guise breaks on dot damage

Reading the tooltip, this should not be intented and is a bug right?

Deleted
    It's intended

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    It's intended
    "Last 6 seconds or until your true form is hit by 3 direct attacks".

Sure doesn't seem like it.

Deleted
    It's intended, if it weren't Shadow Guise would probably be the most OP ability in PvP, and it's already quite strong anyway. It gives us the anti-melee cleave we needed and it stops us completely stomping over casters/DoT classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    It's intended, if it weren't Shadow Guise would probably be the most OP ability in PvP, and it's already quite strong anyway. It gives us the anti-melee cleave we needed and it stops us completely stomping over casters/DoT classes.
    Then it's gona be a really bad ability. Brb meeting RLS spectral guise is useless, brb fire MLS spectral guise is useless, brb ebola cleave spectral guise is useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Then it's gona be a really bad ability. Brb meeting RLS spectral guise is useless, brb fire MLS spectral guise is useless, brb ebola cleave spectral guise is useless.
    If I remember correctly (and I could easily be wrong so dont take what I say as gospel) it breaks targeting. Being able to avoid fear/poly/clone will definitely have its benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    If I remember correctly (and I could easily be wrong so dont take what I say as gospel) it breaks targeting. Being able to avoid fear/poly/clone will definitely have its benefits.
    Ofcourse and you can use it while stunned to dodge damage. But if it breaks on dots it still feels weak to me.

I was dueling a fire mage repeatedly last night, while we both tested out all the new goodies. On its own, Spectral Guise was awesome at first but once the mage I was dueling figured out how to counter it, it didn't do as well on its own. Between DoTs and using Frost Nova to weed me out, it barely lasted a second even with Purify spam.

However, if you factor the other bag of tricks/escapes we've gotten -- The synergy and survival gains are very potent.
    The mage I was dueling was having a hell of a time trying to kill me, and if anything I was being an offensive dick with him.

Psyfiend <-- a ranged fear
    Phantasm Fade <-- works like hunter camo but useable in combat, makes ranged spells fail
    Spectral Guise <-- rogue vanish with decoy, can also make spells fail
    Psychic Scream <-- oldy but goody

All of which are on very short cooldowns.

Its probably breaking b/c the dot is on YOU.... the 3 direct attacks breaking the guise is killing it... the DOT on you is breaking your stealth. Just like if you DOT a rogue who dots, or a NE who uses shadowmeld.... or if you AOE and hit a stealth... same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bad talent. I don't understand why they put in these subpar talents that really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Norvak View Post
    Its a bad talent. I don't understand why they put in these subpar talents that really suck.
    The idea is good, if it wouldn't break on dots it would be one of our best survival spells. Especially because you can use it while stunned. But the fact that it breaks on dots and every class has a gazzilion of them now it feels weak.

Also I must say after doing some wargames Priests while on paper looked good in practice feels very weak. I feel like the only healer for whom the mana bar matters. Especially Paladins seems ridiculous now. As 2 2,6k players playing disc enhance we couldnt get a kill vs a 1500 paladin warrior as the pala would simply instant from 0-100% every so many seconds while his mana didn't even move.
    Last edited by Naraga; 2012-08-29 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Especially because you can use it while stunned.
    Do you remain stunned when you use it, or does it break it?

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Do you remain stunned when you use it, or does it break it?
    You remain stunned but your opponents lose your target and you are "immune" to the next 3 attacks.