Thread: Familiar voices

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Familiar voices

I am a Sylvari, and while questing around Caledon Forest and Brisban Wildlands, I have heard some familiar voices. I am a fan of the Dragon Age series, and so far, I have heard an NPC that sounded like Duncan from DA:O, an NPC and Trahearne sound like Niall from DA:O, and of course, NPC's and Renvari definitely have the voice of Fenris from DA:2. Anyone else notice any familiar voices from other games?

Nolan North does the Male Human character voice - he is Desmond Miles in Assassin's Creed, Drake from Uncharted, and MANY other games.
    Felicia May does the female Asura leader NPC's voice - she is the creator of that online show The Guild.
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

Deleted
    Well, Jennifer Hale is the voice of the female sylvari, and there's this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXVqa675BSI

Yuri lowenthal (voice of Sasuke from Naruto). I like Sasuke, but it's realllllly annoying hearing all these familiar voices in the game. Makes me match their voices with characters outside of GW2 rather then the ones in GW2. And also, they used the same VA for lots and lots of different models, which also annoys me because most cant change their voices that well lol.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Deleted
    What's most disturbing is how Queen Jenna and the female sylvari are both jennifer hale. makes a dialogue between the two rather weird.

Yea, it's uncool when there's a bunch of characters with the exact same voice. Maybe, it's just not feasible to hire enough to avoid that for the most part.

Skyrim is REALLY bad in this regard - it feels as though there's ~10 voices in the whole game. There's of course, more. Probably.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2012-08-29 at 11:56 PM.

Fenris is the voice of Balthier, and everywhere that I hear him makes me flush. Such a sexy sexy man.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Yea, it's uncool when there's a bunch of characters with the exact same voice. Maybe, it's just not feasible to hire enough to avoid that for the most part.

Skyrim is REALLY bad in this regard - it feels as though there's ~10 voices in the whole game. There's of course, more. Probably.
    Skyrim has over 70 voice actors, it's just that they're spread across a shit ton of NPCs, with some of the bigger characters getting their own.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Steve Blum, and Felicia Day. :>

Jennifer earsex Hale...

If I wouldn't be totally swamped by Skyrim I would totally play this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Steve Blum, and Felicia Day. :>
    I thought I would hate Felicia Day, but I actually enjoy Zojja for some reason or another.

Steve Blum, while great as Rytlock, really really needs to get his throat cancer treated. I mean, put him in any game, and unlike say Nolan North, you can instantly recognize this guy. No vocal range at all

He's a perfect fit for Rytlock, I don't deny that in the least, but I'm a little worn on him just from how much I see him everywhere else

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Jennifer earsex Hale...

If I wouldn't be totally swamped by Skyrim I would totally play this game...
    Eww, no. Same thing as Steve Blum, one voice to cast them all, and in the darkness be a terrible VA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I thought I would hate Felicia Day, but I actually enjoy Zojja for some reason or another.

Steve Blum, while great as Rytlock, really really needs to get his throat cancer treated. I mean, put him in any game, and unlike say Nolan North, you can instantly recognize this guy. No vocal range at all
    I agree about both points, however, Steve does have a very recognizable voice, but his voice is so sex it doesn't even matter. I would want him to read me bed time stories.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-08-30 at 03:06 AM.

I agree about both points, however, Steve does have a very recognizable voice, but his voice is so sex it doesn't even matter. I would want him to read me bed time stories.
    Gideon Emery does this for me, so I know how you feel.

He does have a great voice. He did a pretty good southern accent in Secret World, but I prefer his deeper slow stuff like he did with Rytlock.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-30 at 03:22 AM.

Steve Blum as Orochimaru from the English dub of Naruto shows that he is capable of some vocal range. I think most companies just like the more recognizable voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Yuri lowenthal (voice of Sasuke from Naruto). I like Sasuke, but it's realllllly annoying hearing all these familiar voices in the game. Makes me match their voices with characters outside of GW2 rather then the ones in GW2. And also, they used the same VA for lots and lots of different models, which also annoys me because most cant change their voices that well lol.
    I know him as Ben Tenyson, forgot what Sasuke sounded like, been awhile since I watched an episode of Naruto

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    Nolan North does the Male Human character voice - he is Desmond Miles in Assassin's Creed, Drake from Uncharted, and MANY other games.
    And very much liking his work, as his voice fits what I imagine for my male human characters.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Fenris is the voice of Balthier, and everywhere that I hear him makes me flush. Such a sexy sexy man.
    REALLY now?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post

It's not too bad I think. Aslong as special characters have their own voices then I'm totally okay with regular people having same voice.

Deleted
    Warmaster Forgal Kernsson, his voice sounds VERY familar to Roy Campbell from MGS. I'll be damned if it's not him!

Yeah Felicia Day and I are questing together...

I miss Grey DeLisle...
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-30 at 08:17 PM.