Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    CoD it? You know... Cash on delivery... That's there you know....
    Oh really? CoD? Please teach me, oh great master, cause even Anet stated that there is no such option.

The general idea that Anet went with with regard to trading is to create two environments for trading: one within trusted circle and second outside of it to avoid scams and needles GM intervention. Trading Post is the secured way to sell and buy goods from people you don't know and can't trust without fear potential scamming. Mail is sending and receiving from trusted group of people. There is no CoD option and not going to be ( t least according to Anet blog post about it) since you only supposed to use it as you have been - among friends. What people are doing right now, spamming WTS on map chat is ripe for scamming since you can only hope that the other side will fulfill their end of the bargain and that's why Trading Post is so important - it's a security issue most of all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a crafter too and..

this isn't that big of a deal for me. Things like this happen, I guess I like farming up mats too. /shrug

There's no CoD.

Only thing that works right now is trusting people, sending the item and hope they will send money back.

So far I've done around 10 transactions that way and never been scammed. I will probably will at one point but it doesn't really matter... it's still better than salvaging stuff for 1 iron when you have a high probability of someone being honest and sendng you 20silver for an item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    Oh really? CoD? Please teach me, oh great master, cause even Anet stated that there is no such option.

The general idea that Anet went with with regard to trading is to create two environments for trading: one within trusted circle and second outside of it to avoid scams and needles GM intervention. Trading Post is the secured way to sell and buy goods from people you don't know and can't trust without fear potential scamming. Mail is sending and receiving from trusted group of people. There is no CoD option and not going to be ( t least according to Anet blog post about it) since you only supposed to use it as you have been - among friends. What people are doing right now, spamming WTS on map chat is ripe for scamming since you can only hope that the other side will fulfill their end of the bargain and that's why Trading Post is so important - it's a security issue most of all.
    Huh, wouldn't know i haven't been selling or buying anything since between me and 2 friends i've had 0 issues getting ANYTHING i need... only one out of us that's having any issues is the jewel crafter but that's because he outleveled us by a good amount and we aren't mining gold yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

NOW it's working. Finally.

EDIT = Nevermind. This time I could see items on the auction house but I guess everyone going on it at the same time crashed it shortly afterwards. Heh. Next time I will make the call, the AH will be up at least an hour before posting.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2012-08-30 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    All I know is...WHEN the Trading Post goes online for real there will be a shit ton of mats for sale at cheap ass prices.

That is where I will be, with my 30 gold, just waiting to soak up everything to use to my benefit. Mwahahaha!

OT: Yeah, it sucks... lol

P.S. - For those wondering, the reason I have 30g is because I have yet to do crafting and have sold EVERYTHING I have found; as well as sold through in-game mail. BTW...does anyone wanna buy 107 Tiny Fangs? I have to find out who the hell uses them. As far as I am aware even the crafters that it says in the note that SHOULD use them still have yet to find a recipe to actually do so.
    I know for sure Leatherworkers use them for the insignias, i would imagine other professsions use them for the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    When bots from chinese gold selling companies try to hammer your auction houses there is little you can do but try and find a fix that doesn't cause your servers to crash because of it.
    Seriously doubt it was gold farmers, more than likely their systems were not ready for the crush of players all wanting to sell their items.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayimera View Post
    I've pretty much started salvaging all the blue gear I get and make because I have no room and just keeping masterwork drops for potential market sale. Sometimes I wonder if it would be a better trade-off to just vendor the items for copper.
    I redestroy them , resalvagin components ( a bit part of them). Do't worry, noone is gonna buy low level trash made by a profession. What people will eventually buy is special 400 stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    You complainers do realise they're not fucking around taking their time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Welch, ArenaNet Web/UX lead
    Just sat with the guys who've been working to repair the trading post. Stubble, pizza boxes, tireless work. I salute their dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kerstein, ArenaNet Community Team Lead
    Those guys have put in insane hours, I salute them!
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-30 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I do honestly wonder that when people make a claim to laziness or something, if they really honestly believe that they're all going 'eeeeh we'll get to it later.' And then like.. pictures them kicking back on beach chairs and swimming in money, or something.

An MMO launch has to be unimaginably stressful. Picture the developer, the individual dev guy, who after years of work, YEARS, he is now watching his work get released into the world. And inevitably (as with all launches) there are problems. That's scary! Of course they want to fix it. They want it all fixed yesterday. Last week.

Blah blah stress test, I've read it... there really is no reliable way to simulate what happens to hardware and programs when a major MMO launches. There simply isn't. You can simulate it - i.e. constraining servers to artificially stress the load - but you can't simulate it very accurately. Maybe some day in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    So, because they're working hard to fix it, we can't complain about the here and now?

"Sir, the western half of the country's power grid has failed!"
    "Don't complain, we're already working on it!"

The trading post is a pretty big feature to completely disable when there's no other method of trading within the game. Its been down for close to 4 days, I think we have the right to complain at this point.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2012-08-30 at 12:28 PM.

1. Comparison to D3. LOL. In D3 is AH the main feature of the game. The. Main. Feature. In GW2 you can play just fine without even know there is the AH.

2. People dont have much money right now, so even the best, most epic item in the game will be sold under the price. Already saw people in chat trying to sol some mediocre low level items for 3-4 gold. LOL.

So yes, it would be nice to have the AH. But rather they make it good and dont rush it Blizz-style.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I do honestly wonder that when people make a claim to laziness or something, if they really honestly believe that they're all going 'eeeeh we'll get to it later.' And then like.. pictures them kicking back on beach chairs and swimming in money, or something.

An MMO launch has to be unimaginably stressful. Picture the developer, the individual dev guy, who after years of work, YEARS, he is now watching his work get released into the world. And inevitably (as with all launches) there are problems. That's scary! Of course they want to fix it. They want it all fixed yesterday. Last week.
    While there are, undoubtedly, some selfless souls who work extra hard to make sure everyone has a pleasant time, I've been around the corporate world a few too many years to believe that this is a majority, or, indeed, even a significant minority of people at any given company. Most people would call it a day past 6 pm, come hell or high water, unless they're forced to be there or there are significant overtime perks. I've literally seen people who are critical to troubleshooting a difficult situation walk out of the office when the day was over, because to them work was just work, and when the day was done, the day was done - to hell with anyone who was inconvenienced by that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think the developers are being lazy at all. Quite the contrary, I expect them to be incredibly busy with such a thing as this.

Doesn't take away that it's 'bah' that it's not up ;P like I said, one can only hope they fix the problem soon

Taranee - lvl 90 Blood Elf Warlock - EU Dragonblight

Deleted
    I feel sad that D3 is a standard of how bad it can be but... still not as bad as D3. I agree that it's taking too long (should've been ready at the start) but they're working on it and you can tell by them testing it quite a bit.

They did so much right in this game something had to break.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    They should have forsaw it.
    There is no excuse, this isnt to say that the game is bad because of it, but as well as people (rightfully) blamed blizzard about the server and AH issues of D3, its only fair that people get upset about this in GW2.

It is unbelievable that they couldnt get it working yet.
    Except the AH is considerably more important in D3 and people were simply unable to progress without it, no AH in GW2 has not stopped me levelling my characters, not stopped me from PvPing, not even stopped me from crafting.
    Last edited by mmoc1f2ad58cb4; 2012-08-30 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zurgs View Post
    Except the AH is considerably more important in D3 and people were simply unable to progress without it, no AH in GW2 has not stopped me levelling my characters, not stopped me from PvPing, not even stopped me from crafting.
    there is no AH in gw2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    there is no AH in gw2
    A rabbit by any other name is still a rabbit.

Well, there is a good side to the TP being down. You will have so many materials for crafting, the level 60-80 slump will be much easier to get through! I am also curious how the economy will be affected when it returns. I was seeing copper ore being sold for 4c a unit, during the small window I had to use the TP. Should be fun in any case.