Shadow pvp opening rotation

I wanted to get some thoughts after playing 5.04 on how we should initiate on a target. From pve dps guides i read, the max dps opener would be vampiric touch + swp, then mind blast

I believe our first spell should be mind blast followed by swp, and then vampiric touch after. This allows us to gain a shadow orb as soon as possible for a 4s disarm psychic horror in case the target decides to blow all their cooldowns at the beginning.

thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    For me I found the best opening is based off distance. For example If they are far enough away for me to get 3 full seconds of free cast before they either notice/get in range to interrupt, then I go with Mind blast, Vamp touch, pain. In that order. you never really want to go pain then vamp touch if you know you can get the touch cast off because of how cast time vs the GCD works. Just in case you're not aware you can queue up shadow word pain while casting vamp touch and get both of them off at the same time. Now if the I don't think I can get a full 3 seconds free cast before the target reaches me. I go with Vamp touch, pain and wait for DI proc or a chance to free cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    For me I found the best opening is based off distance. For example If they are far enough away for me to get 3 full seconds of free cast before they either notice/get in range to interrupt, then I go with Mind blast, Vamp touch, pain. In that order. you never really want to go pain then vamp touch if you know you can get the touch cast off because of how cast time vs the GCD works. Just in case you're not aware you can queue up shadow word pain while casting vamp touch and get both of them off at the same time. Now if the I don't think I can get a full 3 seconds free cast before the target reaches me. I go with Vamp touch, pain and wait for DI proc or a chance to free cast.

What i meant in the op was cast mind blast + swp in the same gcd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Walk to within 41 yards of the target. Initiate with Phantasm. VT, Pain, MB, Halo, Shadowfiend, Mind Flay, MB, Mind Flay, Silence, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Spectral Guise, Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Death.

Collect Points.

Edit: Obviously it's way more fluid than that, this isn't League of Legends, I can't just give you a combo to perform, so I guess I don't really know what you want. If you can get one spell off, I recommend VT - especcially if you have From Darkness, Comes light - but if you can get two off, then Mind Blast should be your second spell - especcially against melee so that if they blow cooldowns you have at least a 1s Horror / 10s Disarm ready (so against melee, MB, then VT, against casters, VT then MB). You will have plenty of time to spam Pain while moving and when they are trying to kick you.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-08-30 at 09:06 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Ive only been doing random bg's with my lock mate and I took desperate prayer with his healthstones I can take a beating maybe even border line op.
    Killed a warrior with 2 on me solo, my mage friends thinks we gonna get nerfed in pvp guess I can see why..
    B4 patch I would be scared to go on my own any melee destroyed me now I cant help but laugh at there dead corpes now im not a free kill