Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM

So.. what IS there to do at 80 in gw2?

In the past few days ive gone through as much information as i can about gw2, among all the features that ive seen listed im not seeing anything that i consider endgame. So my question to everyone is what is endgame at 80?

The only answers ive seen to this question so far is zone completion and pvp. If those are the only two is there some type of geargrind for each one ?
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Deleted
    Inb4 people tell you to stop rushing.

Anyway, there's uhm Hard Mode Dungeons I believe and... PvPing for cosmetic kit. This I presume is the part where the "the whole game is endgame" thing begins to bite them in the arse.
    Last edited by mmoc8a29730aed; 2012-08-30 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly more of what you've been doing. Run around and do more events. Go do dungeons. Go max out crafting. Go get 100% map completion. Collect different sets of bad-ass looking gear. This includes, obviously, collecting legendary weapons - each one requires 200 skill points, which you can still gain every time you gain a "level" after 80.

There's obviously pvp as well, but you don't have to level up to 80 to do that. Though leveling to 80 does make WvW more manageable.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 09:14 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    This is at least the second time you have asked this question and if you truly have gone through the information and have been reading the threads then you already know the answer. GW2 doesnt have a traditional gear grind all stats lvl out at 80 however there are better availabilities of gear its just not as extreme as in other games and generally they are just better optimized in their point allocations for particular builds. What you do while lvling is what you do at max lvl. There are high lvl dynamic events, dungeons with multiple explorable mode versions of each, legendaries weapons to work toward, jumping puzzles, mini games and yes pvp.

There is a lot more but you probably already know that with all "information" you have gone through.. like on this very sight right? However seeing as you already defined what you consider as "end game" as raiding and gear grinds then no there is nothing you consider end game for you to do in GW2

Not entirely sure, but there is more zones to explore, and probably more story. (again not sure)

You keep doing what you've been doing.

This is the point where you ask yourself a really simple question: Am I having fun?

If the answer is yes, you just keep going. There are always events to do, and eventually there will be enough 80s to do all the explorables.

If the answer is no, that everything up to this point felt like a means to an end, it's time to walk away. The game doesn't change at 80 so chances are you won't find anything new to do that's to your liking.

Go ahead and make your choice.

Deleted
    I hit 80 after 66 hours, and barely have 39% map completion. then there is the legendary weapons for me to get. then there is the miniature pets to collect. then there is the achievements to get. then there's the dungeons in both modes to complete. then there's the armor and weapons from dungeon vendors to obtain, then there is the.. you know what.. there's too much to do!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that if you've done everything you care to do, there's no harm in not playing for a while and coming back later. There's no subscription fee, so you can always take a break.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Exploration, Crafting, and mainly PvP. There are also ton's of jumping puzzles and weird places to explore.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    This is at least the second time you have asked this question and if you truly have gone through the information and have been reading the threads then you already know the answer. GW2 doesnt have a traditional gear grind all stats lvl out at 80 however there are better availabilities of gear its just not as extreme as in other games and generally they are just better optimized in their point allocations for particular builds. What you do while lvling is what you do at max lvl. There are high lvl dynamic events, dungeons with multiple explorable mode versions of each, legendaries weapons to work toward, jumping puzzles, mini games and yes pvp.

There is a lot more but you probably already know that with all "information" you have gone through.. like on this very sight right? However seeing as you already defined what you consider as "end game" as raiding and gear grinds then no there is nothing you consider end game for you to do in GW2
    For your information i have read both of the stickies concerning content, just because im asking for more information you seem to think im trying to cause trouble or something. And you failed to mention what you just said in the last thread you posted in to me.

You really need to step back and calm down. I havent said a single negative thing about gw2 since its launch, im just trying to find out more about it.

Btw thanks for the answers thus far, didnt know about legendary weps thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Fishyface; 2012-08-30 at 09:22 PM.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GralonSR View Post
    Exploration, Crafting, and mainly PvP. There are also ton's of jumping puzzles and weird places to explore.
    That, in particular, is going to take up a LOT of my time. Combing each and every pixel of the game to find all the secrets I can. So far I've only found one in Plains of Ashford, and one in Wayfarer Foothills. I know where the Caledon Forest one is, but haven't worked much on my Sylvari. I need to do more exploring.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    You really need to step back and calm down. I havent said a single negative thing about gw2 since its launch, im just trying to find out more about it.
    Right on, my apologies then. I suppose its all to easy to get grumpy with all the mindless threads getting thrown about.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's worth noting that if you've done everything you care to do, there's no harm in not playing for a while and coming back later. There's no subscription fee, so you can always take a break.
    Please don't take this as me telling you that you are wrong, but why do people say this? Why do people feel that "Did everything you find fun in the game? Come back in a few months, after-all there is no subscription!" is a realistic and reasonable way to look at a game. That's as good as people who got to 60 in D3 and then said "Ok, I'm done for awhile, I'll come back when there's some new content and do it all over" or "Ok, Firelands cleared, cancelling till DS, DS cleared, bring on MoP!".

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I really feel as though people who have those outlooks don't like the game to begin with and are doing it out of pure boredom with nothing better to do.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 05:24 PM ----------

That, in particular, is going to take up a LOT of my time. Combing each and every pixel of the game to find all the secrets I can. So far I've only found one in Plains of Ashford, and one in Wayfarer Foothills. I know where the Caledon Forest one is, but haven't worked much on my Sylvari. I need to do more exploring.
    I also have to ask, and please don't take this as an attack, but do you find exploring worlds to be THAT "fun"? Did you do that in previous games?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    The only answers ive seen to this question so far is zone completion and pvp. If those are the only two is there some type of geargrind for each one ?
    There are big gear grinds for PvE endgame, yeah. If you play hardcore it should take weeks to get full orange gear and then even longer to get legendaries, and casuals won't be seeing that stuff for a long time. I haven't looked at the orange gear in too much detail but it seems you either need a load of tokens from the explorable dungeons or a load of crafting mats which are quite rare/expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Please don't take this as me telling you that you are wrong, but why do people say this? Why do people feel that "Did everything you find fun in the game? Come back in a few months, after-all there is no subscription!" is a realistic and reasonable way to look at a game. That's as good as people who got to 60 in D3 and then said "Ok, I'm done for awhile, I'll come back when there's some new content and do it all over" or "Ok, Firelands cleared, cancelling till DS, DS cleared, bring on MoP!".

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I really feel as though people who have those outlooks don't like the game to begin with and are doing it out of pure boredom with nothing better to do.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 05:24 PM ----------

I also have to ask, and please don't take this as an attack, but do you find exploring worlds to be THAT "fun"? Did you do that in previous games?
    Have you ever gotten bored with a game, only to pick it up again later and have fun with it again? That's the point of that statement. Remember games are meant to be a source of entertainment. If, for any reason, you are not having fun stop playing them. I know that comes as a shocker to some but games are only suppose to last until you get bored then you pick up something else. People tend to hang around with the subscription model even when they are bored because they want to get their money that they payed for each month. You don't have to worry about that with single player games and B2P games such as GW2.

Yes, exploring a world is that much fun for me. I know with Rift that's what I primarily did each zone, go running around and finding every nook and cranny. Treat each pixel like pokemon.
    Last edited by ngc2440; 2012-08-30 at 09:30 PM.

Just my opinion but it seems like you would be doing the same thing you would in WoW, they just don't have raids,they are instead replaced by frequent dynamic events. You get your Heroic Dungeons and its respective gear grind. You get to pvp at max level and get gear for that as well ( although i don't think they have "pvp" gear). Then you get your general achievement grind. So basically, same things you would be doing from WoW, minus the subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    So.. what IS there to do at 80 in gw2?
    Get a three day ban for talking dirty in chat?

I kid, I kid.

There is plenty to do like the puzzles, exploratory dungeons, pvp, crafting, the 100% zone completes, and the various daily and monthly achievements.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    There wasn't any reason to explore in other games. There was nothing out there to find. Didn't even have anything to do with knowing where everything was thanks to things like wowhead... there was just nothing out there.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 04:36 PM ----------

It's perfectly realistic. It's just a game. Why do people need to be constantly playing it?

Even professional sports icons take breaks from their sports of choice, in-between seasons.

It's a problem in WoW because, when not playing, you either are paying a subscription you don't use, or you're constantly cancelling and re-starting your subscription (something Blizzard doesn't want you to do). It ain't a problem here, or in Diablo 3, or for Skyrim.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 09:38 PM.

There wasn't any reason to explore in other games. There was nothing out there to find.
    WoW was quite appealing in terms of exploration when I first started the game but it got old in years. I'm very sure that exploration thingy will get old in GW2 as well. The Elder scroll games involve exploring as well. GW2 is not god-sent exploration-master-piece game. It has been done before.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-30 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    WoW was quite appealing in terms of exploration when I first started the game but it got old in years. I'm very sure that exploration thingy will get old in GW2 as well.
    It had fairly... mediocre exploration at first. There was stuff to find, but it was just kind of "Oh cool, this statue is here!" You'd never see a completely random bad-ass event that triggers specifically when you kneel before said statue. Maybe you'll find random NPCs there giving some lore-text.

After a while, though, they stopped hiding even THOSE things, and everything got found anyways. Then the world got blown up by Deathwing, and now there's no hidden things at all.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 09:46 PM.