Deleted
    Has any of you leveled cooking yet? If so does anyone know how/where we can obtain the recipes to create feasts(trays) ?

I bought an extra character slot and ended up with 3 instead. I bought 2 extra slots in beta so maybe you are right about the cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxilus View Post
    I bought an extra character slot and ended up with 3 instead. I bought 2 extra slots in beta so maybe you are right about the cause.
    Hrm, sounds about right. I don't know how to react to it yet, so right now I'm just letting it sit there to see if it gets removed or not when they realize what happened. What if I get to keep it?

I'm flat-out afraid of even touching it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-31 at 01:33 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

are we able to change the color of our hair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsoggy View Post
    are we able to change the color of our hair?
    In character creation, yes.

No idea what plans they have for post-creation customization.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Highly recommended. Game just launched and there are bugs here and there, but none that are game breaking. Trading Post (AH) is down and has been down for several days, but looks like it will be up soon if everything goes ok.

World is beautiful. Like, beautiful. I mean beautiful. Makes me just want to explore and explore, forgetting about time. There is a downside to this though, when i begin i see clock is 16:00 PM, after playing clock is like 23:00 PM. Time flies by. You get rewarded for pretty much everything so there is no point in avoiding stuff.

Leveling is somewhat difficult to understand at first because people think that they can lvl to 80 by just doing personal story or just by doing hearts and this is wrong. You have to do about everything for that zone, gather everything you see (gathering, mining and woodcutting is super easy, just buy tools and go do your job) and craft! Crafting gives much exp.

There are 8 dungeons with 1 story mode and 3 explorable modes each. Story modes are created to be somewhat hard, but not so hard that you wont get through it. Explorable modes are really hard and requires that people know what they are doing and are organized. You also have 1 whole lvl 80 zone which is filled with events and elite events. Also, there are legendaries for every proffession. These are only cosmetic, but they look so goddam epic that you shouldnt think that their not worth it for their stats.

PvP in GW2 should speak for itself. You dont need to do much research to find out what lvl of caliber it is.
    Bought. See you in game!

Thanks for convincing me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I also find it ludicrous that you think one month is enough to do everything in this game. O_o
    If that's true, this game is not going to be successful.
    Depends on how much time you dedicate to the game per day. If you're like me and spend 2-3 hours on it on average per weekday, maybe up to 5-6 on weekend days, you'll need plenty more. But is you spend, say, 15 hours each day (leaving 8 hours for sleep and one hour for food), that adds up to 450 hours over a month. That's 250 hours more than, for example, Bioware said it'd take to see everything from start to end in SWTOR. I don't find it hard to believe you can experience just about everything in the game in 450 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Depends on how much time you dedicate to the game per day. If you're like me and spend 2-3 hours on it on average per weekday, maybe up to 5-6 on weekend days, you'll need plenty more. But is you spend, say, 15 hours each day (leaving 8 hours for sleep and one hour for food), that adds up to 450 hours over a month. That's 250 hours more than, for example, Bioware said it'd take to see everything from start to end in SWTOR. I don't find it hard to believe you can experience just about everything in the game in 450 hours.
    Definitely not a problem for me. With my altitis and casual play, prob i'll never see max level anyway.

Even with all the bugs i met, i personally think it's still a very good product, i'm happy i've purchased it and i'm enjoying it so much right now.
    I can't imagine how delightful it will be with all the bugs fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solcor View Post
    Has any of you leveled cooking yet? If so does anyone know how/where we can obtain the recipes to create feasts(trays) ?
    I'm max level cooking , and I still haven't found out how to make trays
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-31 at 07:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'm max level cooking , and I still haven't found out how to make trays
    Obviously you just need to craft every recipe three times. Uno, dos, trays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Obviously you just need to craft every recipe three times. Uno, dos, trays.

Deleted
    *bows*

I'm here all week! Actually, just today.

Weekend is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The game cannot be completely bug-free, but even WoW had an open beta, and theirs lasted for six months.

Is the game launch better than many? Arguably yes. But there's also several bugs that could be called inexcusable. And I also think they didn't try hard enough to make this game launch smooth.
    Well did the six month open beta ensure WoW had a smooth bug free launch? It did not. Bugs were present as the patch notes will illustrate. But WoW also had issues which were arguably 'game breaking' for many. Here is one quote:

"If you got past the queues, you were greeted with latency issues, including the infamous “kneel and loot stuff for half an hour” and the even more infamous “disconnect because Internet was really sketchy back then compared to now” and be greeted by the 1,000 person queue. Blizzard issued game time credits for lost playtime and the rocky ride lasted over a month. Afterward, the servers were plagued with dilapidated hardware that wasn’t optimized to run the game and the entire issue wasn’t “perfected” until all the servers were upgraded."

Now people can argue about how many people bought WoW at launch compared to how many have bought GW2 etc etc. I get that. But my point is WoW isn't some sort of mythical 'perfect launch'. It was far from perfect. And that was with the benefit of a six month beta test. You see what i'm getting at?

The way I see it, bugs will happen. As long as they're fixed quickly, I can forgive it. As long as the game is good, I can forgive it. Things could be a lot worse in week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Well did the six month open beta ensure WoW had a smooth bug free launch? It did not. Bugs were present as the patch notes will illustrate. But WoW also had issues which were arguably 'game breaking' for many. Here is one quote:

"If you got past the queues, you were greeted with latency issues, including the infamous “kneel and loot stuff for half an hour” and the even more infamous “disconnect because Internet was really sketchy back then compared to now” and be greeted by the 1,000 person queue. Blizzard issued game time credits for lost playtime and the rocky ride lasted over a month. Afterward, the servers were plagued with dilapidated hardware that wasn’t optimized to run the game and the entire issue wasn’t “perfected” until all the servers were upgraded."

Now people can argue about how many people bought WoW at launch compared to how many have bought GW2 etc etc. I get that. But my point is WoW isn't some sort of mythical 'perfect launch'. It was far from perfect. And that was with the benefit of a six month beta test. You see what i'm getting at?

The way I see it, bugs will happen. As long as they're fixed quickly, I can forgive it. As long as the game is good, I can forgive it. Things could be a lot worse in week 1.
    And even with the latest patch it took me a day before I could even login.

Has anyone heard anything about guesting being switched on? Friends are on a different (now full) server and so i'm stranded.

Deleted
    What kind of bags are u guys using?
    I got only 4 slots bags,
    suppose that the AH is not working and u can't craft better bags and u don't have friends who can....can u buy somewhere better bags?

Deleted
    Has anyone heard anything about guesting being switched on? Friends are on a different (now full) server and so i'm stranded.
    No news yet - but keep trying. A friend of mine reported he couldn't pick Desolation (EU) since it was full, less than five minutes later another friend could join because it was listed as High. Ten minutes later the first friend found it High as well (after a few client restarts, not sure if necessary) and was able to join.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    and u can't craft better bags
    Sure you can. Any armorsmith, leatherworker or tailor can make 8-slot bags straight out of the bag. No pun intended.

Deleted
    The populations fluctuate. So keep an eye out, I did that and after a few hours, far shiverpeaks was high and not full.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-08-31 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    So... misterslin completed 100% of world (vistas , points of interests , hearts , skill points). He streamed this about hour ago.

Anyone seen Tequatl, the sunless yet?