Poll: Favourite Minecraft Mod

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Favourite Minecraft Mods

Hey! Posting a poll to find out which Minecraft Mods are favourites around these parts.

I'm excluding things like Forge and Optifine but I'll include NEI/TMI as well.

If it's not on the list, post what you like and tell us about it!

Edit: Made it multiple choice.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-08-16 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it bad I don't use any of those listed? Just Optifine, and I have Dokucraft texture pack thrown on. Tekkit and everything just seems to complicated for me :-/
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Is it bad I don't use any of those listed? Just Optifine, and I have Dokucraft texture pack thrown on. Tekkit and everything just seems to complicated for me :-/
    It opens up a world of possibilities and fun with minecraft. i couldn't imagine going back to vanilla.

Give them a try.. even if it is tekkit. It can add a lot of awesome things.

The only two that I have played were equivalent exchange and thaumcraft.

On merits of gameplay, thaumcraft. Although keeping the aura up and the taint down can be a real bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate, hate, hate Tekkit, Technic, and Industrial.

Simply because I'm the person who has to fix the maps after they take a crap. Those mods are the #1 mod related cause of map corruption. >.>

Deleted
    That water shader mod <3333333333333333333333333

Spider Queen mod is <3. A twist on the normal way of playing minecraft, with the ability to still play it how you normally would.

Deleted
    Millénaire!

Usually it goes something like this:

MCpatcher + TooManyItems for my texture packs, spawning in stuff, and changing time of day/gamemodes.

then whenever optifine updates I get that instead of MCpatcher, because it's infinitely better. Sweet, sweet fps.

also toyed with a couple others, SinglePlayerCommands was awesome, but hasn't updated, and also had Animal Bikes once just for kicks. Ride around an enderdragon!Or a pony!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I love my Portal Gun mod. I just don't think they updated it yet. T.T
    I also am in love with Elevator mod, forgot the exact name. Its fun, playing with elevators and all.
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrules14 View Post
    I love my Portal Gun mod. I just don't think they updated it yet. T.T
    I also am in love with Elevator mod, forgot the exact name. Its fun, playing with elevators and all.
    A lot of the mods will be available for 1.3 soon. Portal gun is going to be part of the new FTB modpack (which is fully supported by mod authors unlike tekkit/technic) and should begin testing this month.

I like MCMMO; leaves me something to do if I get bored of building for a while.

I actually don't play with any mods usually but I like Single Player Commands because I find it really helpful when making custom maps

EE. even if it looks cheap getting easy blocks, it's still fun getting all that material to make high valuable things. i'm still trying to reach the GEM armor.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    A good number of mods are finally finishing their updates for 1.3.2. Industrialcraft is ready as well as computercraft and a couple of others.

I'm really just waiting for Redpower2 and Buildcraft to be ready before I upgrade.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im using Tekkit right now and love it! I see people using buildcraft ill have to check that one out

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy smokes. I just posted that and I see an update on Twitter that Buildcraft is ready for 1.3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Holy smokes. I just posted that and I see an update on Twitter that Buildcraft is ready for 1.3.2
    are you on a 1.3.2 server with Buildcraft?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    are you on a 1.3.2 server with Buildcraft?
    Not at the moment. I'm still using 1.2.5 until all the mods I want are properly updated.

Used the whole tekkit package recently.. I got annoyed by how everything got trivialized by either Geothermal energy, fuel, solar, or EE.

EE generates diamonds silly fast. In a couple days I just set up a generator that made about 1 RM furnace a minute
    Geothermal was ridiculous. Using teleport pipes you could pump from anywhere and have near infinite supply. A volcanite amulet from EE makes it infinite.

I could go on. I love red power. It adds the new material, I think it is the handsaw addon, volcanoes and everything... all round an amazing addon for giving variety and variability while also trying to keep the base game intact.