Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    We should move this into "Game Breaking issues" AND make it a sticky.

Sorry if i joke about it, but it's really silly.
    Last edited by mmoc6322d2f7bc; 2012-08-31 at 09:10 AM. Reason: obviously grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Hair/fur has been the holy grail of computer graphics for a long time. Making it flow and drape over a model (especially one that can change gear) sounds like one of the hardest bits of code/rendering and processing imaginable. I wonder if we even have the consumer level technology to even attempt it.

That said, GW2's hair looks very good for an MMO, but like The Secret World, I bet the overall graphics will be highly restrictive to alot of potential players' systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Telling people not to complain about genuinely irritating things is the sign of a banboy.

The above screenshot is a very mild example of some of the more idiotic hair clipping with many hairstyles.
    Hair bothers people that much? Really? This isn't the Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I have no choice but to respond with LULWAT? You have GOT to be a female, because my genetic code returns NULL when I look at the hair. No emotion whatsoever.

You know what's irritating? Being trolled by the server, that hands you some LAG in exchange for PAIN in the middle of an elite 1v1 fight against a veteran. On my Thief. Which is squishy.
    I am not female but hair clipping in games has always bothered me, especially in wow where it cuts right through the massive shoulderpads.
    It is as annoying as having a sheathed sword clipping through a shield that is hanging on you're back, Or long ears that clip through the sides of helmets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Hair bothers people that much? Really? This isn't the Sims.
    If it happened in WoW, GW 2 fanboys would point out how WoW sucks because hair clips in the game. Wait, it already happens and they already did. The irony.

Don't tell me how people work.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-08-31 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    To all the people that didnt see "anything"

http://i.imgur.com/uI54q.jpg
    That's pretty bad, honestly. Especially when it's right at the char creation screen.

It wouln't bother me terribly, but it's a legitimate complaint on a 2012 game.

Also, I love how everyone praises how beautiful the graphics look, but when there is a clipping bug: "oh, performance and gameplay are much more important than graphics!".
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    so pretty = dumb ?
    good lord @_@
    Yeah it is, of all problems people care about, you care about hair clipping? If you don't like it... take short hair?
    There are enough " Pretty" short hairstyles
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-08-31 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Norn's Goatee/beard thing constantly stabs him in the neck during cutscenes. Pretty annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Which is why I have short hair for males and pony tail for female characters.

The things people complain about these days... /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Which is why I have short hair for males and pony tail for female characters.
    Except don't be a female engineer with the backpack... your pony tail vanishes into it and out of it... its really sad.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 05:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post
    The things people complain about these days... /sigh
    For a game touting its looks its pretty sad when they cannot even get character animations right. This is a social game, their words, too bad many outfits and character combinations just look bad and only because of clipping (won't even touch those two foot tall rats with robots)
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I wonder why nobody has thought of being trolled.
    The thread title is stand for itself I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewe View Post
    I wonder why nobody has thought of being trolled.
    The thread title is stand for itself I think.
    Because this is a legitimate complaint. Even if it started off as a troll (which I dont think it did), enough others in the thread have taken up the banner to prove that; yes, this is an issue. Potentially a very minor one, but immersion-breaking all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I have no choice but to respond with LULWAT? You have GOT to be a female, because my genetic code returns NULL when I look at the hair. No emotion whatsoever.
    That's good for you man.

Seriously though, generalizing people into being female because they are annoyed by hair clipping? Now that's worth a big fucking LULWAT?

I can honestly see why his would annoy some people. It doesn't bother me to the extent that I get very annoyed by it, but I notice it nonetheless. You'd imagine that Arenanet had the decency to actually get some proper physics going on the hair, but I suppose they didn't feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    That's good for you man.

Seriously though, generalizing people into being female because they are annoyed by hair clipping? Now that's worth a big fucking LULWAT?

I can honestly see why his would annoy some people. It doesn't bother me to the extent that I get very annoyed by it, but I notice it nonetheless. You'd imagine that Arenanet had the decency to actually get some proper physics going on the hair, but I suppose they didn't feel like it.
    Ever seen a STRAIGHT guy do his make-up or straighten his hair in the mirror of his car? exactly. No, you haven't.

Deleted
    If someone brought this up and preliminary research showed this would take X hours to complete and I'm looking at those X hours that could be put towards getting the guild system usable faster, I'd probably choose the guild system.

Feel free to supplant any actual game feature that 'does' something for the guild system. Hair clipping or cloth physics being imperfect are such minor issues that I would probably put those on the lowest ranked priority. I don't think a significant amount of people reconsider a purchase of a game because of cosmetic clipping. Some people might, but not a significant amount. This isn't Hair Wars 2, the highly interactive, life-like barber shop simulator that promises improved hair physics by way of it's TruStrand 2.8 shader model. It's Guild Wars. So the guild system takes precedence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    If it happened in WoW, GW 2 fanboys would point out how WoW sucks because hair clips in the game. Wait, it already happens and they already did. The irony.

Don't tell me how people work.
    Source of you claims please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Source of you claims please.
    Every video with Guild Wars 2/MoP ever on youtube.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Every video with Guild Wars 2/MoP ever on youtube.
    Can you post a link?

Ever seen a STRAIGHT guy do his make-up or straighten his hair in the mirror of his car? exactly. No, you haven't.
    Make up: no
    About straightening/fixing up his hair: HUH ? dude have you been outside since i dunno .. i cant even remember a time where guys didnt care about their hair.
    Last edited by Deafknight; 2012-08-31 at 11:09 AM.