Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Switzerland, Austria and Norway are the top 3. No matter what people say or think... fact is fact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorthiros View Post
    I have roots in Hungary, but I know very little about it, is it really such a nice country?
    It is nice, but they seem to always vote for extremists, so they have extremist parties in power a lot. Don't think nazi extremist, they don't go killing people, but they do claim they might go to reunite greater Hungary and the such, kind of like Ahmadinejad does in Iran, he claims a lot of stuff but doesn't do shit.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    More more than half of Sweden has a sea cost.

I would say Gran Canaria, Spain. Such an awesome place.
    I know, but isn't the water kind of... you know, cold?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Based on what?
    Based on we bomb you with chocolate and cheese if you don't accept the superiority of Switzerland!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what?
    Based on the fact that people can easily find a proper job with a proper salary with laboral rights none will jsut jump over. Bsed on the AMAZING environment around them... based (for 2 of them) on the fact that they are in the middle of Europe, making it possible to get anywhere quite fast.
    Also based on the fact that those are 3 of the 5 or few more countries with a REAL democracy.

Do they have problems? sure they do... I'd love to have such problems to be honest...

<--- Spanish
    Last edited by shise; 2012-08-31 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Based on we bomb you with chocolate and cheese if you don't accept the superiority of Switzerland!
    Well, in that case, I will never accept the superiority of Switzerland! (For the chocolate, not for the cheese)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    What do you consider to be the best state of Europe?

Notes:
    -all states having land in geographical Europe enter the battle, including Russia, Kazahstan (as it has a little part in Europe), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia (as it's debatable if it's in Europe or Asia they enter) and Turkey. Anything else further east or in Africa does not enter.
    -you can only vote once, and you can't vote for your state where you live (to limit bias)
    -you must say why, even if you write "because it has lots of snow"
    -you don't need to have been there, just know something about it
    -no nation bashing.

Go!

Edit: How hard is it to understand you can't vote for country where you live in? If you say "I like X because I live in X" that doesn't fit.
    Ofcourse it would be my country... But since we can't vote for that...

Schotland since that's where the best whisky comes from.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 12:10 PM ----------

I say sovereign state all the time.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 11:07 AM ----------

Turkey is partly in Europe through a small area in east Thrace. I believe they wished to enter the European Union!
    Yeah, they wish. Let's say they won't.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
    Well, in that case, I will never accept the superiority of Switzerland! (For the chocolate, not for the cheese)
    Oh snap, miscalculated that one, well, we swiss aren't made for warfare, even with chocolate

I'll vote Belgium because their beers are...well... best! Belgium is the first country for me to visit in Europe. I heard that they have more than 300 different beers and I'm hardcore beer fan!

<- from Turkey.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-31 at 12:28 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sweden

- winter for the whole year (sweet lovely cold)
    - pro connections
    - hot girls, hot girls everywhere
    - one of the best EU economy
    Last edited by S7orm; 2012-08-31 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serbia
    /10char

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Deleted
    Italy, I like everything about it. L'Italia è il miglior paese in Europa!
    Last edited by mmoc8abe560117; 2012-08-31 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakir the Windlord View Post
    Italy, I like everything about it. L'Italia è il miglior paese in Europa!
    COuldn't agree more! Italia!

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    out of curiosity; what music are you referring to?
    Oh what do you think? :P

Here's a hint. My favorite music genre is seen mostly in Norway and Finland. There has been a great rivalry concerning it's father-style between those two countries, but much less in this substyle.

Deleted
    If I'd move out of Finland to some other european country it would be Switzerland, Holland, Sweden or Norway most likely. There's also many other nice countries in Europe and I could actually really enjoy living in some eastern european country as well, but I'd stick with those as they would be the safest choices for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't vote for Switzerland so I'd chose the "Freistaat Bayern" (Bavaria) for their beer, Scotland for their single malts, France for their wine (maybe some parts of Italy and Spain too) and Norway for the beautiful coastline.

15+ Year Old Account
    Europe is not a country itself, so therefore it does have states but countries.

I live in the Netherlands and I think Belgium is the best country in Europe (if I can't choose my own of course). Simply because this is the only country in Europe (that I know off) besides the Netherlands that subs movies and tv shows instead of dubbing everything.

A poll would be helpful though.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post

I live in the Netherlands and I think Belgium is the best country in Europe (if I can't choose my own of course). Simply because this is the only country in Europe (that I know off) besides the Netherlands that subs movies and tv shows instead of dubbing everything.

We have that in Portugal too, I know in spain and france they dub stuff though

Deleted

They put subtitles on movies in Finland as well. It's 10 times better like that, the dubbing is just horrible, especially if they leave the old voices left in the background like they do in the bbc new for example. Only some animations for children gets dubbed here, and it's usually dubbed well, the rest is subbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add Switzerland to that list. The only annoying thing is, that they sub in French too (in addition to German).

Deleted
    Finland, because: