Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I agree that the efficiency is good... it's HPM is making flash heal look crappy.
    But the cost/cast is still very high, even with rapture, meaning you really cannot afford to use it much.

Edit: And I can't even math myself out of a wet paper bag.
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-08-30 at 04:10 PM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    But the cost/cast is still very high, even with rapture, meaning you really cannot afford to use it much.
    I gotta wholeheartedly disagree here...

At once per rapture...
    With inner fire (not even will) with 10k spirit on beta It's only 3,300 mana... 1.1% mana net cost.

Undergeared/gemmed in 8k mana it's a whopping 2.1% net cost.

A BARGAIN

Its easy to calc the net cost at a CPR (casts per rapture)... The cost/rapture cool down makes it akin to a Arcane Mage, sure you can spam it... But the net cost will be expensive. You have to ask yourself: is spamming it worth the net cost? Maybe in certain situations, but that's the thinking we all need to do.

I seem to have been operating with different spirit values than you!

And in retrospect, my values seem way off given the new spirit dependency of the disc spec. Let me retract the statement until I get to do some more math on this tonight
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Same regen sure but Holy still got more Bang per buck

Derevka, I completely yield in this debate; my error was of course that I stuck with my lvl 85 disc gear spirit numbers when calculating lvl 90 cost reductions. In related news, I feel rather stupid now.
    Assuming that disc will stack spirit just like holy (and that seems like a safe assumption), then yes, Rapture looks really neat (tm) and goes a long way towards making a far too expensive spell very cost effective. Assuming the the opposite then it's still not half bad.

I hate to say you told me so, but you did! :P

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Discipline has been given a new resource mechanic, we're calling it a mana bar.

Sorry, had to.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I wish I could get the holy version of Divine Insight as Disc. I don't see the need for another multi-target smartheal for Holy, but Disc is sorely lacking something for random raidamage. Spothealing and Atonement are too slow and Prayer of Healing to rigid. Something to even out differnt health level when using Prayer of Healing would be great. While the current talent is great for multiple Disc priests in one raid I find it not as pressing a concern as our unvieldly AoE healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I wish I could get the holy version of Divine Insight as Disc. I don't see the need for another multi-target smartheal for Holy, but Disc is sorely lacking something for random raidamage. Spothealing and Atonement are too slow and Prayer of Healing to rigid. Something to even out differnt health level when using Prayer of Healing would be great. While the current talent is great for multiple Disc priests in one raid I find it not as pressing a concern as our unvieldly AoE healing.
    Not sure why you posted this exact statement twice in the other thread... but if you sincerely think Disc is having AOE healing problems; you are not using Spirit SHell correctly.

Spirit Shell is a great tool but it makes PoH no less rigid and requires you to know where damage will land beforehead.

What I'm 'concerned' about are situations where quite a bit raid damage is distributed very unevenly and random.
    Most other healing classens/specs have some Smartheals reducing overheal in those cases by hitting a couple of just those targets who have lowest health each cast.
    As Disc as soon as I can't keep up with single target heals (or atonement) anymore and the targets are in too many different groups I will fall behind unable to make use of my potential HpS.
    Now that we have lost DH a small AoE smartheal would help us quite a bit more than it helps Holy priests who already have some AoE heals not restricted to groups. (Circle of Healing, HW:Sancturary, and DH) Having that Smartheal not affected by Spirit Shell is even better.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2012-08-31 at 11:54 AM.

I dont understand what the issue is...

Disc is NOT in a bad place right now; logs of disc being played smartly clearly illustrate that. But the fact of the matter is that this seems more of a strawman than anything.

I ran Holy last night,and my partner in crime was Disc... she demolished with SShell last night: demolished. Granted, its on content where both of us could just mindlessly spam our abilities and do well...

SShell is superior to a flat smartheal since its an absorb, and by nature is always 'first through the door'.

No rhetorics please, "strawman" is a bit misplaced here. You make it sound like I'm complaining that Disc is weak compared to Holy. My intention was by no means a comparison of the strength of the Holy and the Disc spec. It was about the talent from my viewpoint while playing Disc - the half sentence about Holy was just an afterthought.

From my point of view (when playing Disc, which I like, but I like playing Holy, too) the ability to cast even more Shields in even faster succession on a single target might become problematic. Other classes (and specs as you demonstrated) will look at meters and see absorbs countet first (the safety from additional potential effective heals gets ignored) and thus call for nerfs.

It might also put Disc in the niche of a dedicated tankhealer again - and I dislike niches, as we have seen in the past they come with all kinds of downsides for everyone involved.
    The current holy version of that talent doesn't have these problems and would give us the additional benefit of a secondary (if weaker) group heal, making AoE healing more fun and more versatile. (AoE healing with Spirit Shell uses the exact same targeting mechanics as PoH and while you have to think to use it well and is very strong in itself it still has the same targeting limitations.)

And if you feel Spirit Shell is too strong currently, because it allows for "demolishing" if played well, then reducing the dependance of Disc priests on it should be exactly what you want, because then it could be (re-)balanced with less impact on the spec as a whole.

I'm just worried that it could become too popular for Disc priests.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2012-08-31 at 12:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does Spirit Shell stack if more than 1 Disc? I mean, can you "double cap" it? Or even triple cap... That would be insane for burst fights or big predictable tank-hits.

And yeah I noticed, with a Disc in our 25 hc, there was barely anything to heal. And at Madness crash on 4th platform, healthbars did not move at all, since our Disc Shelled the whole raid before it hit and put a Barrier on the whole group.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post

Disc is NOT in a bad place right now; logs of disc being played smartly clearly illustrate that. But the fact of the matter is that this seems more of a strawman than anything.

I ran Holy last night,and my partner in crime was Disc... she demolished with SShell last night: demolished. Granted, its on content where both of us could just mindlessly spam our abilities and do well...

SShell is superior to a flat smartheal since its an absorb, and by nature is always 'first through the door'.
    Is Spirit Shell showing up in meters on live? One of the big problems I had on beta was that it was missing from meters, making Disc look very low. It was hard to determine what, if anything, it was doing. I still feel that SS is a bit difficult to manage, and I hate the short duration. It will clearly work out much better in 10mans than 25mans.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Is Spirit Shell showing up in meters on live? One of the big problems I had on beta was that it was missing from meters, making Disc look very low. It was hard to determine what, if anything, it was doing. I still feel that SS is a bit difficult to manage, and I hate the short duration. It will clearly work out much better in 10mans than 25mans.
    Skada is definitely showing Spirit Shell. I am not sure about the latest version of Recount.
    Edit: I checked again and my version of Recount does not show it.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2012-09-01 at 05:17 AM.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We're leaning towards just letting healers always hit with their spells. The concern was that healers would be too good at DPS, especially in PvP, but we can handle that in other ways.
    I dunno, this right here seems pretty significant.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Guys, can someone ask about Shadowy Apparitions at official beta class balance analysis thread? As far as I can see, they have still a lot of bugs. Pathing is still an issue, and when their target dies before they reach it, they still waits near you and do nothing. I wonder if they will ever fix it. (I think it would have been better if they had just flied to their target.)

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why anyone think Disc shouldn't be lower on meters. Absorbs are "more worth" than raw healing & Barrier does not show on meters (would be nice to make it show, with other mitigated dmg). They have uses outside of the top hps charts, as holy really does not.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    I don't know why anyone think Disc shouldn't be lower on meters. Absorbs are "more worth" than raw healing & Barrier does not show on meters (would be nice to make it show, with other mitigated dmg). They have uses outside of the top hps charts, as holy really does not.
    BLASPHEMY. METERS ARE EVERYTHING.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post

Disc is NOT in a bad place right now; logs of disc being played smartly clearly illustrate that.
    Good! This is contrary to what was said on the Beta realms; But there could be a number of things that led to that:

*Lack of Add-ons;
    *Unfamiliarity with the encounters; Knowing the best times in the fight to SS would really make it shine;
    *Unfamiliarity with the class; A lot of people try something new on the PTR and seem shocked that it takes practice to master a spec, and even more to master a class.

All that said, DI in particular strikes me as a really clunky talent.

Deleted
    Did I miss the bit where they intentionally made HW: Sanc stop proccing echo of light?