Thread: insight (holy)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

insight (holy)

Quick question bout insight.. I havent had time or chance to see how it works properly.
    it says, 40% chance that next PoM will not trigger cooldown and jump to each target instantly.. Does this mean when it procs and i cast it its like multishot PoM? and if so will each of them behave as normal i.e. will each one also bounce 4 times?. meaning 16 possible bounces off 1 proc? or just PoM to 4 people instantly and only 1 heal per party member off it? thanks..
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

If it procs it basically means the next PoM you cast will not trigger the cooldown. Additionally it will jump to the same number of targets it would usually but does not require them to take damage to make it jump. You may cast another one immediately but it will overwrite the previous one if you do not let it finish it's jumps. It still abides by the rule of only one of your PoMs active at a time.

Psychomantis explained it well. Just keep in mind that it will jump in a "slow fashion". Kinda like cascade.

Assume you have a proc of divine insight.
    At time 0s you cast Prayer of Mending on target A.
    At time 0.4s the ProM will have jumped to target A, where it immediately heals him and proceeds to target B.
    At time 0.9s the ProM will have jumped to target B, where it immediately heals him and proceeds to target C.
    At time 1.5s the ProM will have jumped to target C, where it immediately heals him and proceeds to target D.
    At time 2.1s the ProM will have jumped to target D, where it immediately heals him and proceeds to target E.
    At time 2.4, the ProM will reach target E and heal him and dissipate.
    Times in this example depend on travel time.
    If you at any time re-cast ProM while this free ProM jumps, the first ProM will vanish and be replaced with the new one.

It's all rather awesome though. I absolutely adore the talent. Too bad you really have to be raiding to see it proc a lot.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Imagine that the whole raid is receiving damage ticks constantly, then you throw PoM and that's when the magic happens. Divine Insight is the same, but without receiving damage.
    Last edited by mmoc3d05ee6dd7; 2012-08-31 at 10:16 AM.

I want this version vor Disc. PoH is seriously lacking.

Deleted
    I want a reduced chakra CD and a ferrari too, it's not up to us :|

PD: Spirit Shell+PoH = win
    Last edited by mmoc3d05ee6dd7; 2012-08-31 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellgrimm View Post
    I want a reduced chakra CD and a ferrari too, it's not up to us :|

PD: Spirit Shell+PoH = win
    Spirit Shell + PoH is sometimes too strong, it will get nerfed and then we will have nothing for those damage patterns it had to be so strong for to make up for its unvieldly (and outdated) mechanic.I think its the only spell left that depends more on the raidframes than on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Spirit Shell + PoH is sometimes too strong, it will get nerfed and then we will have nothing for those damage patterns it had to be so strong for to make up for its unvieldly (and outdated) mechanic.I think its the only spell left that depends more on the raidframes than on the world.
    If Spirit Shell does get nerfed, it will likely be a reduction on the % of HP cap. Currently it's 60%, perhaps they'd reduce it to 40% of the priests maximum HP. Keep in mind the amount of skill/timing required to make the most out of Spirit Shell. A top player is certainly going to have timers running and will be well aware of the damage patterns, whereas someone who has never set foot in a raid will probably not utilize it very well.

Waaaaait a minute. It triggers every single PoM bounce when it procs? The way I read it was that the first bounce was free.
    Serious?

DAMN, that just became a lot more sexy.