Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    oh i agree there will be folks playing gw2 for sometime,years even, but my SPECULATION is that ,like i said, 50% OF THEM wont be playing after 6 months, the other 50% ?who knows could be years.locusts arent going to change their behavior,they just fly around,last year rift was"best mmo ever, so much fun, x,y,z killer" i bet most of those people making those proclamations dont even play rift anymore.i have never seen a game genre that has so many "fly by nights".not to mention the "younger"generation has the attention span of a gnat.
    I really don't think GW2 is going to lose 50% of their playerbase in 6 months, that's pretty extreme. A lot of people still play Rift, and really like it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamorak View Post
    I know the game hasnt even been out a week yet and 5k players have been banned? lol.

At this rate i think Anet need the loosen their grips before they ban everyone before their first month comes to pass.
    Yes banning botters and exploiters this early is just horrible...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I just look at as a schoolyard mentality since people who game bash and expect to be taken seriously are juvenile (either mentally or by physical age).

Example I've seen on playgrounds over and over:

• You want to play dodgeball.
    • Johnny wants you to play tag with him and doesn't like that you want to do something that he doesn't want to do so he talks about how stupid dodgeball is and/or how much he hates it.
    • What Johnny really wants is someone to play dodgeball with.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Many would argue that TERA is better graphically as well as artistically. My vote actually goes to FFXIV, but the point is that it's very easy to argue against GW2 being the most "aesthetically beautiful" fantasy MMO.
    No, it isn't very easy to argue against it if you actually read what he said.

He said, and I quote, "I have ever seen." If he finds it more aesthetically pleasing than any other game it doesn't matter what 'many would argue' at all. That's like trying to argue who is the better classical artist. Its 100% opinion.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-09-01 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The closest thing we had to a new MMO was ToR. And because it was new, it wasn't perfect. And because it wasn't perfect, it died.
    ToR died because it sucked. Wasn't all that new either.

5.0.4 has been very promising, although i do miss my add-ons, alot. but no, long live wow

Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    5.0.4 has been very promising, although i do miss my add-ons, alot. but no, long live wow
    Whatever, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. That's why it's going F2P just like I knew it would.

Quote Originally Posted by RamataKahn View Post
    Whatever, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. That's why it's going F2P just like I knew it would.
    Yes WoW is going F2P you heard it here first.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Wasn't he talking about ToR?

just in case you haven`t noticed, haters hate on all games. i see more hate on these forums about WoW than any other game, whether you hate the game or not that is your opinion of it, or Rift, or ToR. so if you see hate on GW2, i don`t see why you`d let it bother you. I played GW2, i didn`t like it. i`m not going to bash it, i`m not going to say it wasn`t a great game, it simply wasn`t my kind of game because I don`t get enjoyment out of exploration and seeing the world.

truthfully if you aren`t okay with people bashing GW2 but you`re okay with talking trash about WoW, then why should your opinion be taken seriously at all?
    Last edited by La; 2012-09-01 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamataKahn View Post
    Wasn't he talking about ToR?
    Nope 5.0.4 is WoW =)
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

From the standpoint of someone who is not fanatically loyal to either WoW or GW2, I don't believe GW2 is a clone of WoW. But after having played it, I'm a bit alarmed at the fact that while GW2's graphics/animations are great, the classes are fun and the game's mechanics are refreshing, they really missed some things that I think are necessary to the replayability/longevity of an MMO...

PvP -- WvWvW not having decent respawn waypoints currently really sucks. I've pretty much stopped WvW'ing because I'm tired of making that run... I prefer "world PvP" in the sense of, it's a random encounter while you're going about your normal business and therefore not wasting your time traversing a big empty PvP zone like in WvWvW, or in the form of Battlegrounds, which are sizeable enough (10-40 people) to be fun and in a perfectly-sized area that you can find a fight and enjoy it without having to travel for 10 minutes.

PvE dungeon/raiding -- which is too hard, far beyond the difficulty of the initial Cataclysm Heroics that people whined about, to the point that most people who are 10+ levels higher than the 30 that Ascalonian Catacombs is "supposedly for" are still making constant corpse runs trying to down bosses that they can't take out normally. And that wasn't due to a lack of understanding of the boss mechanics or anything, but you probably won't take my word for it until you try it yourself. The very first dungeon in a game should be even easier than the later ones, so that players learn how their class can best benefit in a group dynamic and get used to the coordination that that begins to require. GW2 just tosses people into the grinder, but not even that, I doubt even the most skilled raiders could beat most of the bosses in AC, at level 30 with *appropriate* gear as intended, without dying multiple times and making tons of corpse runs. It's simply ridiculous and needs tuning, and makes me wonder how that got out of beta, and what the rest of the dungeons are like... which I'm not even interested in trying anymore. Because aside from losing plenty of money on repairs, the loot was also utter crap, and the rate of XP gain was worse than had I gone back to normal leveling.

In short, GW2 dungeons seem like an entire waste of time, and the original point behind this rant was that if both PvP and PvE dungeoning/raiding are screwed up, where's the replayability and longevity going to be?
    Last edited by Aerofluff; 2012-09-01 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I really don't think GW2 is going to lose 50% of their playerbase in 6 months, that's pretty extreme. A lot of people still play Rift, and really like it, though.
    I don't think it's extreme. You complete the world, do every dung and mass event a few times, collect the sets you like and you can put it down till new content arrives unless you take liking in GW2 PvP. There are many good games to play, no reason to commit just to one for the rest of your life If ANET is able to release expanion at least one a year the game can sustain itself as one of the top in genre.

As for the OP I don't think there are that many WoW exclusives bashing the game. Some sure, but more often I think I notice ppl who are burned out with MMOs hoping the next one will change that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Except it's clear that isn't how it works. Look at SW:TOR. It's all but failed just hoping the free-to-pay option can bail it out. Same with Aion. Rift didn't stand a chance either. Thus far, WoW's just about managed to kill it's competition.

MMOs require too much of a time commitment for people to really play more than one, and the market's almost completely saturated. Everyone who wants to play an MMO is probably already playing one so any new game would have to take a large chunk of WoWs playerbase to succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Only stupid people.

I think a video taugrimm posted sums it up pretty well. some gamers see the competition like this

MMO > MMO > MMO > MMO > MMO

when they should see it like this

MMO + MMO + MMO + MMO = profit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Just , HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
    Anyways GW2 is fun but it doesnt have the longevity of WOW, but it's f2p so u can easily put it down come back later and have fun again ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldrath View Post
    Yes banning botters and exploiters this early is just horrible...
    and peopel saying ONE bad word...ONE

but other games are "childish"....

btw, OP is right, it`s the fear, that a company has success....guess now why alone in this thread multiple bashes against WoW appear. Right, because it has the most succes after years.

In my opinion GW2 is just meh, but guys like me get flamed by guys like you, who think this game is awesome, because guys like you force us to share your opinion and we get flamed by guys like you when we are not. But you guys shout against the WoW fanboys, but you are even worse....
    And btw, when GW2 is really evolutionary, why are the numbers going rapdily down in this forum? When the game started, around 2k watched the forums, now its only 1,2k~ at peak time and normally around 600-800.

The same happened with swtor, around 1500 watched the forums at start, now its only around 30.

But you guys can defend GW with your life if you only flame guys with criticism against the game, because of you no new game will have major success, because of the Blizz haters. Because you just say the game is awesome, while it has big gaps, but because you guys blind yourself, that the game is awesome and dont rise the voice with right criticism, nothing would be changed and the numbers are going down and down and down, we saw it @swtor

The only thing that holds the players over time is, that there are no fees. Thats the only revolutionary in this game and gives them more time to get the mistakes out.

Yeah, the bullshit meter's been going off a lot lately. Funny, that.

We've gotten about as much productivity from this thread as we're likely to see. Thread closed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~