Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wish people would stop going "XX dont work we are going GW2!!" i dont think blizzard really cares... the game currently is designed around being level 90 ofc things are gonna be OP its how it is before every Xpack.... you just live with it for 2 weeks till MoP is out...

Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    it's all for mop. kind of similar to how wrath went into cata. shit won't really scale up to 90 so when everyone is 90 healers will feel weaker.
    No that is a stupid excuse, you are basically saying the 85-89 bracket is fine like this and it is not.

Healing has been OP since Cata, they have not only ignored it they have flat out made it worse in MoP, but to fix it they would have to concede making a mistake and their egos (read GC) has not nor never will allow for it.

Same with Rogues that have been a OP to the point of being godlike and have been the scourge of WoW PVP for years yet they have only ever made them stronger.

You can't balance a game when you have a monumental ego and develop with absolute bias, I suggest for PVP you try GW2 I like it a lot, Rift's is not bad either.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2012-09-01 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    its beta, dont worry about anything

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 01:03 PM ----------

or do you actually mean live?

Did Blizzard Hotfix broken healing? Is the game playable again?
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Just cap out your Honor, and stop playing random battlegrounds for a while. That's what I have done.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

ya def the healing is broken atm, especially the hybrid class like shadow priest and boomkin

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    I didn't say "Blizzard will fix it". I might have used the wrong words once, but in the end all I was claiming is that Blizzard will make things better, since obviously they do see how fucked up PvP, and especially healing is at the moment. I never once said PvP will be fixed, I merely said there's no way they will leave it in its current state, and things WILL get better.

Mind you, "better" is relative. As far as I know, it doesn't mean "fixed".
    I wish I could share in your optimism. But while the middle of beta was looking great with across the board awesome changes and improvements to PvP, recently everything about MoP PvP has gone hush hush. This has ALWAYS happened before expansion release and inevitably ends up allowing the x.0 patch to be terribly balanced and nothing being changed for at least a patch.

It's just a cycle now which after 4 years they should be able to see. PvP is once again on the back burners for tweaking PvE dps (which has been amazingly well balanced most of beta and basically shouldn't be looked at at all when PvP is suffering so direly).

Also, they seemed to have nerfed BG healing ONLY by 33% for all classes. What this means is that PvP power STILL effects healing so hybrid/healer healing is barely any different and they can still instant heal to full. This also means that classes that don't scale with PvP power effects on healing (warriors, rogues, hunters, warlocks, mages) just got their self-sustain gutted and are more reliant on hybrids/healers to back them up.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-09-01 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It's alot better now after the hotfix.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonster View Post
    it's just tuned for level 90 play.. it'll be fine in mop

it's just how a level 50 rogue can 1 shot a lvl 50 clothy with shadowstep-ambush
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Not anymore :>... 40% Damage Reduction. ^_^
    Ambush is 470% at all lvls now rather than 130-150% at low lvls and 587% with nightstalker. I wonder how that is vs the 40% vs the old system.
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-09-01 at 06:41 PM.

For crap sake people stop with the it will be better at level 90 BS!

I mean do you think heals at 90 will stay just as they are at 85 but everyone else will improve to balance it out?

It will be no different at 90 than it is now at 85!

Blizzard Dev's have gotten PVE so out of whack as far as the amount of heals it takes to get though content which as a result overpowered them in PVP. However instead of addressing this issue in MoP they exacerbated it because that was simply the easiest thing for them to do and easy for them is priority #1 if you have not noticed.

But I don't blame them all, after all you can only be as good as you are led.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2012-09-01 at 06:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial balance View Post
    Hey, hey, hey. Chill! No need for insults. As far as I know the beta is still active so we will just have to hope blizz recieves the necessary feedback to balance this.
    I've seen how PvP players give "feedback". Don't expect anything to get fixed. Heck, if I was a dev I would just leave it broken on purpose and laugh at their rage.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalined84 View Post
    Should be plenty fair. Instead of letting a healer freecast, open up the spellbook and bust out some cc. No communication? Well that's just bad play this is a social game.

"Hey team, (insert player) is a healer make sure to focus them!".

The days of being able to pop cds and blow a healer up, are most likely gone for a while. Does it make killing a healer impossible? No. Just requires people to think more about how to lock the healer down.
    Pretty much this. The majority of this thread think they should be able to kill a healer, a player who trade off damage capabilities in order to improve his and his ally's survivability, simply by attacking them without any brain. Thanks god noone can do that anymore, and they shouldn't be able to again.
    Also that hunter's video is fucking ridicolus, he just stand there shooting something and expecting it to die.

for which class? all i've done so far is choose my talents on my h pally but I noticed I lost like 50k mana when I logged in. Just figured that would affect my healing a bit

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Can't believe they let this shit come out like this. No one dies! I'm a fan of the old school wow as much as the next guy but this is ridiculous... They NEED to hot fix or GW2 is going to take all the people.
    First...could you keep the nerd rage to yourself and try for a second to understand what's happening right now ?

Like EVERY god damned pre-expansion patch, the numbers are "balanced around max level" in this case max levels means 90 EVEN if kung fu panda's not out yet...

They had the choice to either make some skill WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy underpowered at 85 or wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpowered so it doesn't screw everything up at 90...

Considering it's only 24 days before the next xpac...chill the fuck out buddy...

Or you know...play GW2...it's not like anyone would know what you do............

10+ Year Old Account
    i gotta say, it's a funny thing as a healer myself
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

And it is not all for mop btw.. compared to cata mop healing will still feel superior. Most healers can heal bigger chunks of health than they could in cata.

if anyone's been playing beta you will notice healing is just as idiotic at 90 as it is now on live at 85.

You can all kiss my ass since they DID hotfix it and I was right from the beginning. Bunch of scrubs.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

I don't think the people replying to me actually read my post. I'm saying an expansion dropping in a month is no excuse for a broken game now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    it's all for mop. kind of similar to how wrath went into cata. shit won't really scale up to 90 so when everyone is 90 healers will feel weaker.
    THIS the pre-cata patch was dramatic aswell in terms for healers.
    Just give it some time, seriously the Expansion hasn't even dropped yet.