Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    What makes it a "massive fail" exactly? It happens to other game developers all the time, even games that are years old.

Do you work with servers regularly? Do you write code for programs at all, let alone video games? No? You have no idea how anything in the industry works?

Then you don't have the right to call it a "massive fail" because you don't know what can cause things like this.
    A fail is players sometimes get stuck in rocks when they teleport. Their "security" actually preventing anybody logging in and crashing, the first weekend after launch, is a pretty massive failure.

Even when I try to log into m account I get the email authentication thing, and still no bloody email!

Deleted
    people should learn to expect this kind of problem, name me one mmo that has launched without any problems, trust me Anet will more than make this up to us with future content.

Where can we go to see if it is being fixed? This is kind of irritating since it is setup to help keep the account secired, and now because of it I cannot log in.

Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    people should learn to expect this kind of problem, name me one mmo that has launched without any problems, trust me Anet will more than make this up to us with future content.
    I shouldn't expect this kind of problem. If it was up to me, i wouldn't turn on the "authentication" feature. If they know it's broken, turn it off and allow me to log in normally, just how i did this morning, this afternoon and about 2 hours ago. I'd kind of expect something like this during headstart, but even then it's bad since they've had beta going for about 2-3 months.

4 days after launch, I should be able to log in and play, not wait to be sent an e-mail to let me log in.

Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2
    We're aware that some players are unable to login due to the email authentication and our teams are working on fixing it ^SL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    I shouldn't expect this kind of problem. If it was up to me, i wouldn't turn on the "authentication" feature. If they know it's broken, turn it off and allow me to log in normally, just how i did this morning, this afternoon and about 2 hours ago. I'd kind of expect something like this during headstart, but even then it's bad since they've had beta going for about 2-3 months.

4 days after launch, I should be able to log in and play, not wait to be sent an e-mail to let me log in.
    Its a anti hacking system, if you got hacked you would be pissed right, this is ment to help stop that. Its a free to play mmo you have as much time as you want to play this game, instead of crying about it and blaming anet, do something productive or maybe just maybe leave your house
    And what you said about just turning the authentication thing off it really isnt going to be that simple, everyone always thinks that things like that would be that easy but it very rarely is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Its a anti hacking system, if you got hacked you would be pissed right, this is ment to help stop that. Its a free to play mmo you have as much time as you want to play this game, instead of crying about it and blaming anet, do something productive or maybe just maybe leave your house
    And what you said about just turning the authentication thing off it really isnt going to be that simple, everyone always thinks that things like that would be that easy but it very rarely is.
    It is 10:49pm here and fairly cold. I also have to work during the week.

So please allow us to be a little annoyed ok?

I would prefer a keycode authenticator like in SWTOR myself. But that would probably blow up also.

Deleted
    Yeah a key authenticator would be nice but as SWTOR proved that can stop you from logging in as well :P
    But tbh this is a fairly minor issue really, the game itself is almost perfect, there are no major bugs (that i know of) and certainly no game breaking bugs. This in itself is much better than almost every other mmo on release, combined with the fact the every other mmo has had problems the same as this if not similar id say there doing a great job.

But i suppose people will always complain about everything, speaking of which i was on a overflow server earlier and people were complaining that they were on a overflow server, I said to them would they rather be in a que to log into the server and they went silent...

Every time some one complain about GW2, even if its Anet fault and not simple QQ from players, DrakeWurrum always shows up and start to defend the game by talking about Blizzard and WoW...
    Every single post...Its getting ridiculous and quite frankly am tired or reading your bullshit...
    Cmon now we get it.... you dont like WoW...

and btw , how much ANET is paying you? the way you talk about the game and the wat you defend it ,with an agressive speech, even calling other poster liars etc...
    For those 13.400 post in a year, you must be gaining something
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2012-09-01 at 09:14 PM.

Well, personally I hate wow, think it is one of the worst games ever created mainly because of the player base I ran into there. My beef here has nothing to do with wow however, I just want to be able to enjoy this truly great game I paid for. Thankfully it is not on a monthly subscription. As far as hackers go, I think every last one of the little buggers should be thrown in jail with bubba so they can get a bit of what they have been handing out. GW2 has really awed me and my frustration is not being able to enjoy it right now, that and a serious lack of information in not knowing where to go to check for u;dates. I know now thanks to some very kind posters who put me onto facebook and twitter. My hats off to You for the kindness shown to an older gamer who started way back when on Askerons Call and remembers the day Lord British was ganked on UO.

I love this, weekend and.... can't play

Time to watch animes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie120 View Post
    Where can we go to see if it is being fixed? This is kind of irritating since it is setup to help keep the account secired, and now because of it I cannot log in.
    http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2

Well, facebook has not updated their deal on the email authenticator in 2 hours sadly.

Check with their twitter instead, https://twitter.com/GuildWars2
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately Blizzard EU have conditioned me well to put up with amateurish sys ops at games companies. The EU side of WoW in the early days was far worst than this, and Diablio 3's launch was similar.

You would think they would pay a decent email provider for their mail delivery, but they're probably doing it on the cheap in-house, and it's one single guy trying to re-build a new email server right now, after a disk failure or similar.
    Last edited by TurdChef; 2012-09-01 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie120 View Post
    Well, facebook has not updated their deal on the email authenticator in 2 hours sadly.
    Its not like they are gonna update it every 10 minutes saying "We are still working on it", now is it

At this late point in the game I am ready to say they wont have it fixed for awhile. Guess it is back to SWTOR or Secret World.

Deleted
    Ah i thought i was the only one suffering from this. Im on E.U server and last email authorization i received from them was at around 3pm (UK) time. Then my internet decided to go down, i got it back up and running and now I try to use the email verification and i receive no emails what so ever. I also try to log onto account management which again uses the verification, and yet again i receive no emails. Makes me a sad panda