Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    I'll go with Monaco.
    I like dis guy.

Anyway, since I can't chose my own country, I'll go for Sweden, simply because it's the country I hear the least complaints about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shâréz View Post
    Norway

- Sustainable and clean energy sources.
    - Has the highest quality of life in the world, and has had that several times.
    - Rich country with a stable economy.
    - High standard of democracy and secularity.
    - Low population density.

To me, those are important points. I suppose they may not be as important to other people.
    I can't really agree on that, while it might be the highest on the list, I'm fairly sure that several of those countries mentioned in the countries not included-part, are doing better.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-09-02 at 08:35 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Catalonia, next state of Europe.

Deleted
    Switserland , stable country , nice vieuw and i like snow / mountains !

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I can't really agree on that, while it might be the highest on the list, I'm fairly sure that several of those countries mentioned in the countries not included-part, are doing better.
    Why do you say that?

Deleted
    Best state? I lold.

Deleted
    Iceland, because it's an island in the far north where you can take a hot bath outside in the coldest day of winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Switserland , stable country , nice vieuw and i like snow / mountains !
    We would let you in, if you write the name of the country right :P (But you would get some chocolate for the effort <3 )
    Last edited by DieFichte; 2012-09-02 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    Few things before I answer:

-It is the same in every Continent.
    -Why not do a poll, you can have 6 answers.

My answer: Bose-Einstein Condensate.
    True, I could have done that, but didn't think of it at the time, so made 6 threads. instead.

Norway. It is the most consistently highly ranked in measures of quality of life. Norway has ranked first 9 times, the only country to have ranked first more than my home country at 8 times. Although you could probably supplement Norway for any Scandinavian country. And when I say "Scandinavian country" I really mean "Nordic country", meaning Iceland and Finland in addition to Norway, Denmark and Sweden. "Scandinavian" is generally used synonymously with "Nordic", though from what I've read on MMOC, people from Finland and Iceland hate that. The quality of life index is often jokingly referred to as a measure of "how Scandinavian a country is".
    Last edited by Soulless Cynic; 2012-09-02 at 03:48 PM.

I vote for Luxembourg great economy, almost perfect laws and I had a lot of good experience there. (nobody did mention it yet )
    Last edited by Aggromania; 2012-09-02 at 04:07 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggromania View Post
    I vote for Luxembourg great economy, almost perfect laws and I had a lot of good experience there. (nobody did mention it yet )
    I work there every year for the marathon. Have had some incredibly bad experiences with the police who seem to think they're some kind of gods.

-- edit --

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I assume by 'several' you mean Monaco and San Marino, which have both been excluded because of missing information. I really can't comment on either of them. All I know is that both are micro-states and both are considered to be tax havens.
    Last edited by Shâréz; 2012-09-02 at 04:13 PM.

I'd say Norway. Simply just because that's a good place to go visit every summer if you're already bored to stay and fish in lake saimaa at Finland. Sure you don't have those thousand lakes to swim in at, but in exchange you get other beautiful landscape views to check out. Although it has different language, currency and it's a tab more expensive than here, it still feels closely like my home country. Not that much of russians in there compared to here so it's a plus too! Too bad I can't talk on their language, but most of them can talk english anyway.

Next close one choice would be Switzerland. Haven't been there myself sadly, but all the good stuff you hear and see from pictures, it can't be a bad choice!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna have to go with Sweden, simply because if I were gonna move from Norway to another european country it would probably be there
    Last edited by skoging; 2012-09-02 at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulduru
    He is the hero that Azeroth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. And so we'll mock his alpha prediction. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent poster, a watchful dataminer....The MMO Champion.

Hitz From Dah Boing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Norway. It is the most consistently highly ranked in measures of quality of life. Norway has ranked first 9 times, the only country to have ranked first more than my home country at 8 times. Although you could probably supplement Norway for any Scandinavian country. And when I say "Scandinavian country" I really mean "Nordic country", meaning Iceland and Finland in addition to Norway, Denmark and Sweden. "Scandinavian" is generally used synonymously with "Nordic", though from what I've read on MMOC, people from Finland and Iceland hate that. The quality of life index is often jokingly referred to as a measure of "how Scandinavian a country is".
    How do you think that Denmark is in Scandinavia if Finland isn't? Scandinavia is a geographical definition of the peninsula where Norway, Sweden and Finland mostly is, meanwhile Denmark is a completely other peninsula attacked to middle-Europe. Most people consider Finland to be in Scandinavia except Norwegians and Swedes really, but I prefer to call the nordic countries just nordic countries instead of Scandinavia, as that doesn't cover every nordic country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holland. I wouldn't trade my country for any other European country.
    What is worth fighting for?

Deleted
    I'm gonna go with Spain simply because they have better weather than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    How do you think that Denmark is in Scandinavia if Finland isn't? Scandinavia is a geographical definition of the peninsula where Norway, Sweden and Finland mostly is, meanwhile Denmark is a completely other peninsula attacked to middle-Europe. Most people consider Finland to be in Scandinavia except Norwegians and Swedes really, but I prefer to call the nordic countries just nordic countries instead of Scandinavia, as that doesn't cover every nordic country.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_Peninsula
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandin...isambiguation)

I feel strange having to clarify this to someone in Finland. Perhaps I had it backwards and it's the Norwegians and Swedes who hate the inclusion of Finland in references to "Scandinavian" countries.
    Last edited by Soulless Cynic; 2012-09-02 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    Going with Finland. I just moved here, it had better be good!

No. He really meant state: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_state as opposed to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federated_state

And as for the best country in America, I dunno I can't decide between Canada or Brazil.
    No. He doesnt mean state as in the political governments, he means state as in an a country. Which in this case is obviously wrong.

Also how do Brazil and Canada fall under countrys withing the United States? There borders are not withing your`s and you have no sovereign claim to them.

So this is also rubbish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_Peninsula
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandin...isambiguation)

I feel strange having to clarify this to someone in Finland. Perhaps I had it backwards and it's the Norwegians and Swedes who hate the inclusion of Finland in references to "Scandinavian" countries.
    I don't understand how the hell you can include Denmark to Scandinavia by any geographical means as it is pretty easy to see that it isn't connected to that peninsula at all. It really depends on how you want to define Scandinavia but the nothern part of Finland is a part of the peninsula at least.

Deleted
    last time i checked europe is made out of country's. and i'd say UK or Germany, depends wich of get's acces to the USA's nukes first,
    Last edited by mmoc58ebdc7002; 2012-09-02 at 05:16 PM.