10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I don't know them off the top of my head, but he was vs. Dyrus's Jayce. The odds were slightly stacked against him. Most of his ults I remember were early or a last ditch damage effort before dying. He had one really good teamfight, but it wasn't enough to win it for Crs. Dyrus was also able to move around the map more and a lot faster since Darius is Darius, a slow machine of destruction. He had really good grabs as well, but TSM was just really mobile and slippery.
    Shame I guess, I remember when I was at MLG Raleigh he made a name for himself with Darius. Not everyone has a good game, especially against one of the best top laners in the world if not the best. I heard people roared though when he chose him.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2012-09-02 at 04:43 AM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Shame I guess, I remember when I was at MLG Raleigh he made a name for himself with Darius. Not everyone has a good game, especially against one of the best top laners in the world if not the best. I heard people roared though when he chose him.
    Well Darius can beat Jayce since he needs to be in melee for the full combo and Jayce only has 500 range in cannon form, it just isn't easy. Also doesn't help that Oddone really punished him since Darius has no escapes outside of flash. The crowd was pretty crazy that game 3 since the other two were so good, and they knew Dyrus on Jayce nd Westrice on Darius was bound to be a good matchup. I really love that Westrice uses Darius though since he sees competitive play and shows he is in a good spot. Less likely that Riot will nerf him more. XD

So I've wanted to try Shyv top lane for a while now, and I really like it. I had one of those rare games where your team mates don't flame at the first mistake and we were able to pull out of a bad start by bot who gave up FB and another kill shortly after just by playing smart and not letting it get to us. I had a Hecarim jungler who was kind enough to come top after I grabbed my first kill to cement my lead against a Singed. So I was two kills up and I had double this Singed's farm (he wasn't that good and to be honest was scared of me after the first kill). I started stealing Wolves from their jungler, an Udyr, whenever I could and every golem spawn in our jungle (the Hecarim said thank you when I started counter-jungling. I thought that was funny). Since I had the advantage, Hecarim was free to camp bottom lane and help mid a little. This kept their bot lane from getting ahead and kept the enemy jungler and mid lane out of top so I could push the first two turrets down. They surrendered at 20, but it was one of my best farming games in a while, ending with 149 minion kills. Double everyone on my team and 40 ahead of the enemy team's best farmer. Sad part, I was a little mad with myself for not farming better, because I missed a few last hits earlier when I was zoning the Singed and I missed a bunch more when I was pushing since I just hit W and let the minions die as they may. I'm not the biggest CS freak when I miss stuff, but it was Shyv and I essentially had free farm, so it bugged me a little.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-09-02 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking love Vicious. I have every Curse guys autograph, Westrice was a cool guy... He didn't even act like he was a gamer because he was just so normal for a guy from Southern California. Vicious is like the only gamer who is somewhat built, he was in the navy. Elementz is fucking awesome, if he has nothing coming up he will actually have a conversation with you. Nyjacky has a hot girl friend is all I have to say (Asian), Didn't talk to him at all really because his English was just alright plus he seemed a bit overwhelmed as well as having his girlfriend literally clung to him.

But yeah... I heard Westrice messed up really badly in Game 3, could anyone give a rundown and the stats for his Darius?

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 09:22 PM ----------

P.S. I even have Pluto and his camera guy Brian's autograph, those 2 guys were so cool. I actually had something like a 10 minute conversation with them. Overall the entire Curse crew are some cool individuals.
    It's not game 3. Westrice tends to play very aggressive and easily baited. He gets camped easily and lose lane, but the level of attention he has been given this tourny is pretty brutal. 3 man dives on tower. Game 3 was just a fuckin stupid pick and ban phase from Curse. Ridiculous, it was like a solo que game. Darius top was a bad pick, Ahri mid was a bad pick, and the Blitz hasn't been working as well as they hoped yet they still pick. They had Orianna and Morgana still available for Jacky as well as Malphite for Westrice, yet they decide to pick a shitty disorganized comp.
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2012-09-02 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    It's not game 3. Westrice tends to play very aggressive and easily baited. He gets camped easily and lose lane, but the level of attention he has been given this tourny is pretty brutal. 3 man dives on tower. Game 3 was just a fuckin stupid pick and ban phase from Curse. Ridiculous, it was like a solo que game. Darius top was a bad pick, Ahri mid was a bad pick, and the Blitz hasn't been working as well as they hoped yet they still pick. They had Orianna and Morgana still available for Jacky as well as Malphite for Westrice, yet they decide to pick a shitty disorganized comp.
    I thought Ahri was a REALLY bad pick. Ahri doesn't do well against Morgana in teamfights. They should have gone for Zyra, she is much better and provide as much control as Morg (which they initially thought to pick). Gragas, Orianna, Cass would have worked as well. You counter Morg's CC by picking up your own CC. They had really poor CC in that match while TSM had great CC and great escapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Westrice got caught twice, cost them teamfights and eventually the game. Am really disappointed with TSM's performance though, very shaky compared to some of the games we've seen in the EU regionals.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I'm a tard nubbish and tired.
    Can only point me to where I can watch these tourny matches online?

Quite keen to see the best of the best show that LoL can be played by brilliant players.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    As I'm a tard nubbish and tired.
    Can only point me to where I can watch these tourny matches online?

Quite keen to see the best of the best show that LoL can be played by brilliant players.
    http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.com/s2-na-regionals

That's it.

Anyways, I played AD carry just few moments ago as Kennen. If you know what you're doing he can just wreck in team fights as an AD carry but you have to be good, you can't just lulz around thinking your going to win via autoattack. I enjoyed it and my team won comfortably.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Phantoml0rd breaking down on stream. Awww ;-; Really goes to show how awesome his fans are.

--Seriously PL's fans want to give him a heartattack. First he gets atleast 5+ 100$ donations, then 500$ and now 1k. amazing, just bloody amazing.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2012-09-02 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... what triggered the donations anyway?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    So... what triggered the donations anyway?
    From what I can tell, people just being awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    From what I can tell, people just being awesome.
    Okay but why are they donating. Are they just throwing money away?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Okay but why are they donating. Are they just throwing money away?
    Why do people donate to children foundations? Because they are expected too? Because they have to? Because they want to?
    Sure, you can help children in Africa etc. but you shouldn't hate on people for donating for other stuff. Yeah, he isn't poor, he probably can afford to live without those donations. He never asked for so much but his story inspired some of those people, since then the big donations started.

Why do people donate at all? I can't tell you, some people buy a new iPad or TV, some buy a car, some donate. Some even donate although they don't have that much money because it helps them feel better.

NEVER question someone who donates. You may tell them though, if they are being ripped off ofcourse!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a slightly hard time figuring out why people would donate to a streamer anyway. Could probably see small donations, but $500 or $1k? Not without any discernible reason. And even then it'd have to be a good one. Seeing a grown dude crying in his own shirt doesn't qualify as such, far as I'm concerned.

What was his story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    What was his story?
    I second this question, can someone also tell me what team he is on.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 02:06 PM ----------

Come on Curse!!! CLG.na needs to lose.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 02:11 PM ----------

Nooooo!!!!!!
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I second this question, can someone also tell me what team he is on.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 02:06 PM ----------

Come on Curse!!! CLG.na needs to lose.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 02:11 PM ----------

Nooooo!!!!!!
    Better nerf jax :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulleecher View Post
    Why do people donate to children foundations? Because they are expected too? Because they have to? Because they want to?
    Sure, you can help children in Africa etc. but you shouldn't hate on people for donating for other stuff. Yeah, he isn't poor, he probably can afford to live without those donations. He never asked for so much but his story inspired some of those people, since then the big donations started.

Why do people donate at all? I can't tell you, some people buy a new iPad or TV, some buy a car, some donate. Some even donate although they don't have that much money because it helps them feel better.

NEVER question someone who donates. You may tell them though, if they are being ripped off ofcourse!
    Most people require some sort of personal motivation to give up something to someone else. I'm not an expert in sociology but I'm willing to bet you don't get to several thousand dollars just because people felt like donating to someone. Usually there has to be some sort of sob story or great accomplishment behind it, which is what I was asking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea either. There were some post on reddit about it, but they were more like he got monies from people.

I don't think they explained why though.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was talking about his time with V8. He and his brother flew everyone out and rented a hotel. His GF flew in to see him because he had finally become a pro gamer. He worked hard to make them team and on their first tourny his team (V8 at the time) was shit-talking him, and they dropped him soon after. It's somewhat true, he could only play Karthus at a competitive level, but still pretty brutal. He started to tear up on stream and people started donating. Then a $500 came in and he teared up more, then 2 $1k, and yeah. Got pretty emotional. I wasn't there, but it's pretty front page on /r/lol and he's agreed to do an AMA soon.

Deleted
    Every time I see situations like this, I just try and remind myself "I've seen worse on Kickstarter."