Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

All Are Invited To Attend This Class Reunion Party -- So Long As You're White

A letter that lists a "white graduates only" party as one of the activities planned for a class reunion has sparked outrage after it was leaked online.

For nearly 40 years, graduates from the St. Martinville, La., Senior High School Class of 1973 have been holding racially segregated class reunions.

But this year, ABC affiliate KATC reports that the graduates decided to change that tradition, making the reunion a non-segregated affair.

However, a letter announcing the change included an after party for "white graduates only."

Michael Kreamer, who is the principal of the Louisiana school, said he found the letter distressing.

"I'm just a little disappointed that something like this comes up," he told KATC. "I don't think that it looks good for the school, but again as I said it has nothing to do with St. Martinville Senior High. So I hope people don't take that the wrong way."

According to reports, a reception is going to be held at the school at the end of September, followed by the homecoming football game. The letter notes that "all graduates are welcome to attend" those events.

After the game, however, "white graduates only" have been invited to gather at a classmate's home. Invitees are encouraged to bring a "food dish to share."

Liza Chance, one of the organizers of the event, told KATC that she was bewildered by this backward step.

"This is just a start it's a beginning, it needs to go forward. I don't understand why this went the way it did," she said.

The letter has caused quite a "stir" after making headlines this week, UPI notes.

People have been taking to social media platforms like Facebook to express their displeasure.

"'We've been doing this for the last 30 years,' totally excuses three decades of discrimination and the burden of inequality. I'm glad that they found a way to fix this terrible indiscretion in 2012 and finally decide to integrate like it's 1960, or was that the mistake? I can't think of an intelligent person I know who would ever think it was okay to write or plan anything exclusively for 'White People,'" commented one man from Lafayette, La.

This is not the first "white only" event that has caused a furor in recent months.

According to a July report by the Huffington Post, Pastor William J. Collier and his Church of God's Chosen were planning on holding a "white only" Christian conference in Alabama.

"We don't have the facilities to accommodate other people. We haven't got any invitations to black, Muslim events. Of course we are not invited to Jewish events and stuff," Collier said in way of explanation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ef=mostpopular

I'm not sure what the purpose of complaining about this is.

Yeah, it's pretty shit headed but no one can legally say "You have to invite these people to your party".

it wasnt the school that did this, so that contains my outrage. basically it's just some assholes wanting their reunion to be their own little klan meeting. if you are asking if the people responsible are pieces of shit, the answer is yes

Deleted
    Just go there as a black man with party materials and burst through the door with your hands in the air, singing.

Fuck the haters.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-09-03 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Just go there as a black man with party materials and burst through the door with your hands in the air, singing.

Fuck the haters.
    the kind of racist mind that thinks the "all white" reunion was a good idea in the first place might just be the type to keep a rope handy. just saying

This kind of thing is only racist if whites do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    This is also very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I'm not sure what the purpose of complaining about this is.

Yeah, it's pretty shit headed but no one can legally say "You have to invite these people to your party".
    Don't give liberals any ideas or they'll propose laws against bad taste.

trufax, the evil white man always being racist.... -_-

Deleted
    That's kind of a strange thing to say, seeing as the opposite... doesn't really seem to have occurred? Nor would it be any less racist to hold a "black only" party.

Shifting the blame leads you nowhere.

Don't give liberals any ideas or they'll propose laws against bad taste.
    yes, it's all part of the liberal plan to plug us all in to the matrix.

/sarcasm

It's their party and they cry if they want to.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I wonder if racism exists in other countries, like China for instance
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    That's kind of a strange thing to say, seeing as the opposite... doesn't really seem to have occurred? Nor would it be any less racist to hold a "black only" party.

don't forget black only dating site and it was not considered racist.

So, what's the problem? Yes they are racist bastards, but it has nothing to do with the school itself. They aren't breaking any laws and they have every right to decide who can and can't go to their party. I don't agree with them, but I definitely would not agree with any legal action either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    yes, it's all part of the liberal plan to plug us all in to the matrix.

/sarcasm
    lol, but in seriousness, liberal lawmakers do legislate behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post

no, but there are black only churches, and black only dating websites.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the article it says the class reunions have always been segregated and this is the first year that they are inviting everyone. The after party is still segregated... but seems like they are taking steps. I see nothing wrong with baby steps as long as they are in the right direction...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    A letter that lists a "white graduates only" party as one of the activities planned for a class reunion has sparked outrage after it was leaked online.

For nearly 40 years, graduates from the St. Martinville, La., Senior High School Class of 1973 have been holding racially segregated class reunions.

But this year, ABC affiliate KATC reports that the graduates decided to change that tradition, making the reunion a non-segregated affair.

However, a letter announcing the change included an after party for "white graduates only."

Michael Kreamer, who is the principal of the Louisiana school, said he found the letter distressing.

"I'm just a little disappointed that something like this comes up," he told KATC. "I don't think that it looks good for the school, but again as I said it has nothing to do with St. Martinville Senior High. So I hope people don't take that the wrong way."

According to reports, a reception is going to be held at the school at the end of September, followed by the homecoming football game. The letter notes that "all graduates are welcome to attend" those events.

After the game, however, "white graduates only" have been invited to gather at a classmate's home. Invitees are encouraged to bring a "food dish to share."

Liza Chance, one of the organizers of the event, told KATC that she was bewildered by this backward step.

"This is just a start it's a beginning, it needs to go forward. I don't understand why this went the way it did," she said.

The letter has caused quite a "stir" after making headlines this week, UPI notes.

People have been taking to social media platforms like Facebook to express their displeasure.

"'We've been doing this for the last 30 years,' totally excuses three decades of discrimination and the burden of inequality. I'm glad that they found a way to fix this terrible indiscretion in 2012 and finally decide to integrate like it's 1960, or was that the mistake? I can't think of an intelligent person I know who would ever think it was okay to write or plan anything exclusively for 'White People,'" commented one man from Lafayette, La.

This is not the first "white only" event that has caused a furor in recent months.

According to a July report by the Huffington Post, Pastor William J. Collier and his Church of God's Chosen were planning on holding a "white only" Christian conference in Alabama.

"We don't have the facilities to accommodate other people. We haven't got any invitations to black, Muslim events. Of course we are not invited to Jewish events and stuff," Collier said in way of explanation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ef=mostpopular
    Hate is learned, not something were born with. While horrified that this still goes on, I'm not surprised (if I can separate those two states of mind).

Deleted
    Wh...where are you even going with this?

This isn't about blacks being racist, this is about whites being racist.

Of course blacks can be racist too, but that doesn't have anything to do with this particular story.

You do not make sense.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-09-03 at 05:56 PM.