Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quite a list showing the new class bars of Roth UI (MoP Beta)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-09-04 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    Out of combat

In Combat/Raid

Small changes since my last iteration. I changed some addons around and switched up textures/fonts.

~5mb memory usage in raids.
    - Aurora
    - bChat
    - BigWigs
    - CError
    - DocsDebugRunes
    - FreebTip
    - m_Nameplates
    - oUF_Skaarj
    - rActionBarStyler, rActionButtonStyler, rBuffFrameStyler
    - sFilter
    - Skada
    - tullaCC
    - tullaRange
    - Wanderlust
    Download Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Juuust ElvUI and some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    This will probably be what i use in mop, still a wip lots of things to iron out, but main theme and layout is more or less done i think!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjlzgh9e8z...412_084332.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp8l7d5qs9...312_193705.jpg

Base of the UI is FreeUI and unitframes is a butchered oUF_Phanx.

-_-V
    You still live? Nice. Looks quite solid. I would change the shadow a bit.
    And high five for oUF_Phanx fellow. Btw, which raid frames are these?

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Quite a list showing the new class bars of Roth UI (MoP Beta)

Except the Rune Bar, beautiful. I love the Demonic Fury bar, damn.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-09-04 at 10:05 AM.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    You still live? Nice. Looks quite solid. I would change the shadow a bit.
    And high five for oUF_Phanx fellow. Btw, which raid frames are these?
    Yep, i still lurk around a little bit. =)

In what way would you change it? i like the shadow, im still playing around with color of it though.

Raidframes are coded in the oUF layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I don't hate it as an AddOn, but it's appearance is horrible. For that reason I prefer Skada
    And I thought Skada looks nearly the same as Recount. My bad. :P
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Yep, i still lurk around a little bit. =)

In what way would you change it? i like the shadow, im still playing around with color of it though.

Raidframes are coded in the oUF layout.
    I like it, too. It is just a bit "too much", a bit less would look a bit better, I guess. Or maybe just less alpha.

ORLY? Which oUF? Phanx? I don't have any raid frames.. or in Free UI?
    oh, honey.

ORLY? Which oUF? Phanx? I don't have any raid frames.. or in Free UI?
    I've added the raidframes in oUF_Phanx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    Download Link?
    I have uploaded my UI to wowinterface here. The UI is very much a personal thing though so I won't be taking requests unless they are beneficial to myself or the UI as a whole. This also means I might not be updating it all to often, only for major patches or if something is completely broken.

Enjoy

You actually made a UI which doesn't make xperl look like a huge pile of *beep*. I'm impressed!
    Thanks! I honestly think the Ruben texture for the health/energy bars makes the largest difference, visually.

Do you need the mini menu bar showing? You can bind each one, and then hide the bar
    Technically, no, I don't. But removing that panel would result in other panels taking up too much room, or screwing with the position of other panels, and making it look awkward. Plus, there are times when my left hand is occupied (with food/drink, you dirty-minded people), and I'm too lazy to move my right hand to the keyboard.

However, I could probably remove the micro menu, slide the action bar panel to the right, and move the grid panel to the left-hand side. Hmm. I'll experiment with that.
    There are a lot of buttons on your screen, maybe you could hide the ones which you don't need to see. Example. I'm sure you know which binding is Mutilate by now. Hide it!
    Though not visible in either screenshot, I use OmniCC for tracking the majority of my cooldowns. As such, not having the bar(s) visible would impede my knowledge of something about to come off cooldown, without cluttering up viewable game space.

On the first screenshot, the panel in which Grid was positioned was lower down by 1 pixel, but in the second one it's fine.
    Yeah, I originally aligned everything by eye, and so I didn't notice the grid panel being off until later. I then went into the config and made sure every panel had the same height and y-coordinate.

You have 2 lots of combat text. Why? :P
    When I first got MSBT, I wasn't used to my combat info being in a different place. After adjusting to that, I found that sometimes I wouldn't notice whether I was in melee range (I tend to zoom as far out as possible on most fights, and with other effects going on, exact positioning can be hard to determine), so I kept Blizzard's default numbers up so I would know my auto attacks were hitting.

After thinking about it more, I realize I hardly ever use MSBT for knowing about abilities that land. I think I'll adjust it to only show abilities/white hits that don't land (miss, dodge, block, parry, absorb, etc.), as that will be far more useful knowledge. I'll likely also change the incoming heals/damage to filter out overhealing.

I prefer minimal UIs to ones which are created for functionality, but this one is good overall. Simple. but good.
    I'm almost the exact opposite. I prefer UIs that look sleek, and tend to have repeated information, so that if my attention is elsewhere on the screen, I can still gather info I need (combo points are shown in the center, as well as on the nameplate, energy is found in two locations, etc.).

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate the suggestions. I'll probably post an update once I've made more changes.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-06 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post

Very neat, very clean for an UI based on ElvUI.

I do like.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post

I do like.
    When you look at his/her minimap, it isn't clean anymore.
    And I also think it doesn't look clean in combat.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    I don't like afk shots either. They just don't tell anything. Well they do...if you play the game being afk.

Deleted
    Made some minor changes to mine ->

NTK timers, bar2 (only shows in combat, middle right), castbar and my duration tracking bar of a murder of crows (left of the actionbar attached to skada)

Raid/BG

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-06 at 12:12 PM.

I don't like afk shots either. They just don't tell anything. Well they do...if you play the game being afk.
    Haha, true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post

NTK timers, bar2 (only shows in combat, middle right), castbar and my duration tracking bar of a murder of crows (left of the actionbar attached to skada)

Raid/BG

Problem I have with your UI is, I dunno if someone is dead or not. Your statusbar foreground color is so dark, nearly same as their background color. You can see it in your Grid.
    It's a cute UI, but .. not very functional.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-06 at 12:13 PM.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post

I do like.
    Thank you

When you look at his/her minimap, it isn't clean anymore.
    And I also think it doesn't look clean in combat.
    I actually already have them hidden. I started with a fresh WTF and interface folder so I had not gotten to that :P

As for being clean in combat, look below...

On the bottom right I have a skada DPS meter, a skada healing meter and Omen.

The left parrot box is outgoing damage and the right is incoming damage.

The 9 button actionbar is temporary while I learn the new layout on my G600. Once I know the layout well enough, that action bar will be gone.

The Shield block and Shield Barrier powerauras appear when I have the rage to use them and a count down appears when they are active to display the time left on them.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-07 at 02:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3jJBns.jpg[/ IMG]

Raid/BG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bAHkEs.jpg[/I MG]
    Looks TOO minimalistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Looks TOO minimalistic.
    It can never get to minimalistic

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Looks TOO minimalistic.
    pure and utter blasphemy.

Meanwhile...APPARENTLY I am going to have to force myself to learn Raven or something of the sort because SBF seems to have finally kicked the bucket if I am not mistaken. /sigh

Will probably upload an updated Ui once everything is reworked with new addon updates.