Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Mastery will just end up being convenience, most of the time.
    With procs to both BoK and TP, it just turns out to be nice when you proc a TP and don't have to waste a Chi on it.

With the change to level 30 Talents, the rotation performs a whole lot smoother, making fitting in FOF on cooldown very easy.

First of all, thanks alot for the guide. Although, I still have a few questions.

What talents do you actually recommend? From your rotation it seems Invoke Xuen is a given, but what about the rest? I´m especially curious about the LvL 45 ones. The way I see it you´d need 2 builds, one for single target and one for AoE. You could take Zen Sphere and Xuen for single target then Chi Wave and Rushing Jade Wind for AoE. So overall

For single target (boss encounter):

15: Tiger's Lust (I think it would be fairly usefull to be able to break movement imparing effects depending on the encounter and a simple Roll or Flying Serpent Kick should be more than sufficient to get you out of any immediate danger zone.

30: Zen Sphere (As stated, depending on the encounter you get some self-heal without loosing too much dps)

45: Power Strikes (Seems to be perfect to keep Tiger Power up, please feel free to flame me or my mother if you think otherwise)

60: Crazy people's choice (Really depends on the encounter in my opinion)

75: Again, highly depends on the encounter (generally and for leveling I think I´d go with healing elixirs)

90: Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger

For AoE:

15: Whatever you feel like, shouldn´t make too much difference

30: Chi Wave

45: Power Strikes

60: Leg Sweeps (since we´re talking AoE this seems to be the best choice)

75: Depends on what you´re fighting, but probably healing elixirs again

90: Rushing Jade Wind (Please correct me if I´m wrong, but I guess for constant AoE this should be the best choice.

So, I would love to hear your opinions on that, I honestly haven´t played much beta so this is more of a "swag". In addition I´d love to hear about glyphs for both leveling and raiding. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Added my talent recommendations to the guide, glyph recommendations coming soon.

Deleted
    For Glyphs, recommendations would be;

- Glyph of Sinning Crane Kick
    - Glyph of Zen Meditation

- Glyph of Blackout Kick For bosses where you think you may need to be in front (Spirit Kings Cleave, Dodging melee swings on Will of the Emperor etc.)

These being the only three Glyphs I see as 'mandatory'. If you think that you would like to have a threat dump, just incase, you can use;

- Glyph of Retreat

For Minors you can get away with using (Since it is very rare you will need to slow);

- Glyph of Spinning Fire Blossom
    - Glyph of Flying Serpent Kick
    Last edited by mmocd16bb9c87a; 2012-08-29 at 08:52 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Mihir for this guide. looking forward to see your glyph recommendations soon =) want to get my glyphs before release.

Deleted
    Great guide!

Let's hope the regular updates remains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsayyar View Post
    For Glyphs, recommendations would be;

- Glyph of Sinning Crane Kick
    - Glyph of Zen Meditation

- Glyph of Blackout Kick For bosses where you think you may need to be in front (Spirit Kings Cleave, Dodging melee swings on Will of the Emperor etc.)

These being the only three Glyphs I see as 'mandatory'. If you think that you would like to have a threat dump, just incase, you can use;

- Glyph of Retreat

For Minors you can get away with using (Since it is very rare you will need to slow);

- Glyph of Spinning Fire Blossom
    - Glyph of Flying Serpent Kick
    Glyph of Touch of Karma is fairly mandatory as well, since it makes using Touch of Karma much easier, and it does a ridiculous amount of damage at level 90 (500k+ at T14 bis gear).

edit: updated attribute descriptions and added some more tooltip links to various spells and items.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-30 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    I didn't recommend Touch of Karma as I had a toss up over it.

If there is more than one Monk in a raid and you can both see the end of the fight, only one really needs to Glyph it. It frees up another slot for the BoK Glyph or Glyph of Retreat.

Deleted
    Why wouldn't both monks use it?

Deleted
    If you're both alive until the end of the fight, one use would kill the boss.
    It just gives you a little wiggle room for Glyphs if you can pass on it.

Deleted
    I think you're confusing Touch of Death and Touch of Karma.

Deleted
    To redeem myself for my idiotic comments earlier, thought I would just drop this here;

Ask, and ye shall receive:
    River's Song: 2PPM on melee attacks that land, or are dodged, or parried.
    Dancing Steel: 1PPM on melee attacks that land.
    Colossus: 3PPM on melee attacks that land, or are dodged, or parried, with a 3-second cooldown.
    Elemental Force: 5PPM on melee damage, or non-periodic spell damage/healing, with a 0.1-second cooldown.
    Jade Spirit: 10% chance on spell damage or healing, 50-second cooldown.
    Windsong: 1PPM on melee damage, or non-periodic spell damage/healing, with a 1-second cooldown.
    I hadn't seen it posted specifically like this in the thread, though it clears it up for people who still may thing Windsong is retarded OP in how it is proccing on the beta.

I am still unsure if 2x Dancing Steel or 1x Dacing Steel + 1x Windsong will be better, since I haven't found anything stating that a duel wield proc of Dancing Steel will just refresh its proc time (As it does for Windsong).

So, for now, I will be sticking with Dancing Steel + Windsong on each Weapon.
    Last edited by mmocd16bb9c87a; 2012-08-30 at 05:22 PM.

Xuen pronunciation: I did a bit more digging on this and researched how Pinyin does its thing.

[ ] = IPA symbol

Initial is the voiceless alveolo-palatal sibilant. Basically, the Sh sound with the tongue forward. Pinyin uses X for this. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinyin.

First vowel could be [y] (German ü sound) or [u] (your basic oo sound). I'm actually leaning towards [y] since apparently u after x in pinyin yields [y]. This might also explain the e, which gets put together with u to make ue [y] in pinyin. This sound isn't in English so much, but if you say "oo" and keep your tongue forward you might get close. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinyin.

N is n. [n].

Probably need to open up to a schwa at the end to get the [n] out.

so [(ç)y(uh)n]. I don't have an alt code for the initial sibilant or the schwa (cmon Microsoft we all need upside down e's). An English-like transcription: "shwen" is ...close. Bring the tongue forward and keep it there and you're closer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    Xuen pronunciation: I did a bit more digging on this and researched how Pinyin does its thing.

[ ] = IPA symbol

Initial is the voiceless alveolo-palatal sibilant. Basically, the Sh sound with the tongue forward. Pinyin uses X for this. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinyin.

First vowel could be [y] (German ü sound) or [u] (your basic oo sound). I'm actually leaning towards [y] since apparently u after x in pinyin yields [y]. This might also explain the e, which gets put together with u to make ue [y] in pinyin. This sound isn't in English so much, but if you say "oo" and keep your tongue forward you might get close. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinyin.

N is n. [n].

Probably need to open up to a schwa at the end to get the [n] out.

so [(ç)y(uh)n]. I don't have an alt code for the initial sibilant or the schwa (cmon Microsoft we all need upside down e's). An English-like transcription: "shwen" is ...close. Bring the tongue forward and keep it there and you're closer.
    My friend, I believe you have the wrong thread.

My friend, I believe you have the wrong thread.
    He put the pronunciation stuff in his main post, so I figured the comment would be okay here.

1) Great guide Mihir. I'm glad to see you working on it. Long time cat and follower of your cat guide
    2) After reading the discussion on the 2-handed versus dual-wield dps, with the ability to have two enchants providing their buffs for dual wielding, when or how would 2 handed dps keep up with only having one enchant and not scaling as well with tiger strikes and haste? I know the developers want them to be very close in damage, but it just seems like there is a hole in the plan with getting 2 enchant procs over one. Any thoughts?

Deleted
    The upside is that you get more stats from a 2hander, compared to 2 1handers of equal ilvl. But as you said, since there's 2 viable weapon enchants that don't interfere with each other cooldown-wise, DW seems much more attractive atm.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-09-03 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    Has anyone shown if you can place normal gems in the Raid Finder Shekzeer loot yet?
    I assume this would be one of the deciding factors in the whole 2H Vs 1H debate.

All my usual sources are coming up dry and I didn't win a weapon in Raid Finer to check >.<

Im getting increasingly worried about fists of fury being a "stay put and cast for an eternity" thing, there are several encounters already with a lot of movement, where you cannot afford to be rooted to a spot, and so just almost stop using it. Also its aoe component is worrisome, given cc that some raid encounters have, and thinking about stuff like challenge modes. Wish they just removed it from the rotation completely, or changed it significantly. It is also very clunky to fit into the rotation.

I am also very surprised that no one seems to really talk about this. WW damage will be nowhere if FoF continues as it is, on many raid fights!

Deleted
    There's always periods of standing still tho, which can be used for Fists of Fury. You can also aim it away from CCed mobs, since it doesn't hit stuff behind you. It's annoying but also a way for skilled players to show their skill. The most skilled players will find ways to weave in FoF efficiently for a dps increase, while the less skilled players will just not bother with it.

It's comparable to the feral druid lvl90 talents. The skilled players might choose dream of cenarius to weave in healing touches, which makes the rotation a lot more complicated. The less skilled players will just pick nature's vigil, which is slightly less dps but a lot easier to use.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-09-04 at 01:30 PM.