Okay....WTF is this icon?!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x.../WTFISTHIS.jpg

This weird purple spell indicator has been popping up on my priests ever since the patch and I have no idea what is from, it seems to appear randomly.....I know I can just turn off the indicator, but I would like to know what it is because it is making my OCD go in to over drive.

Instant mind blast.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Instant mind blast.
    More specifically, it's the proc effect from the level 75 talent Divine Insight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go further into this. It is the Shadow part of the Divine Insight talent. Where you have applied Shadow Word: Pain to an enemy it has procced a free instant cast Mind Blast that will hit for some rather decent damage. However since you don't have Mind Blast, you can't use it.

I haven't checked yet to see if Disc and Shadow can get the free PoM effect, but it is most likely a bug to be fixed since there is no graph alert when DI procs for Holy or Disc yet.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    I have another question concerning the blizzard auras.

You probably know the fdcl aura blizzard gave us to see "Surge of Darkness"-proccs.
    My problem is that i sometimes (Raid 25m) see them without being specced into fdcl. Somebody else expirienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    I have another question concerning the blizzard auras.

You probably know the fdcl aura blizzard gave us to see "Surge of Darkness"-proccs.
    My problem is that i sometimes (Raid 25m) see them without being specced into fdcl. Somebody else expirienced this?
    You probably see SW:Insanity aura, it's bugged since it was introduced on beta, so if any priest is specced into it, all other shadow priests see this aura. And you don't have to be in raid to see this.

Deleted
    Oh thanks, that explains it. One of our spriests tried insanity in our last raid :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I'll go further into this. It is the Shadow part of the Divine Insight talent. Where you have applied Shadow Word: Pain to an enemy it has procced a free instant cast Mind Blast that will hit for some rather decent damage. However since you don't have Mind Blast, you can't use it.

I haven't checked yet to see if Disc and Shadow can get the free PoM effect, but it is most likely a bug to be fixed since there is no graph alert when DI procs for Holy or Disc yet.
    That's my understanding too. Also, only Holy gets the PoM and Disc gets free shields

Can set up an aura for yourself when your DI procs if you are in heals. Blizzard hasn't given us one yet.
    Last edited by Junnia; 2012-09-04 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Oh thanks, that explains it. One of our spriests tried insanity in our last raid :P
    Tell them to stop being bad and pick another Talent.

Ugh, thank you ! I figured it was a shadow proc thing, but since I never play shadow, I wasn't sure.