Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Started as a Night Elf Rogue back in TBC, and was under the impression the game had a linear, platform-like structure, so I ran off Teldrassil thinking it would take me to the next area and then rolled a human.

Worst one though, was shortly after LK was released, and I first got interested in raiding. I was searching for raids and got lucky one night and got into a Naxx10 alt run with the top raiding guild on my server. I was ecstatic and intimidated. We down Anub'Rekhan in one shot, then comes the part where I was completely unfamiliar with loot rules in raiding. The need/greed screen comes up and I see a pair of gloves that are a nice upgrade, so I greed them, thinking I'll just be rolling against a few others. To my horror, everybody else in the raid passed and I was immediately kicked. I promptly messaged the raid leader and apologized. A day later, I did a name change. ._.;

Going "I'll AOE these sucker bears down" in Darkshore at level 15 or something with my warrior, going all thunder clap on their arses. Oh, and for a long time I bought the white armour from the vendors, yeah I was that wealthy and 1337.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

I spread my talents between the 3 trees without even going 5/5 in each talent. 7/8/10 build goooo!

15+ Year Old Account
    As a hunter....my first toon..........at lvl 70...........I didn't know what kiting was.
    "Canada is a country where fake girlfriends live"
    I may not go down in history, but I'll go down on your sister.

15+ Year Old Account
    back in early 2006, I never learned about the game because I assumed it was just like City of heroes and/or WC2/3... so I never learned about talents or specs. Until i was around lvl 35-40, when I started tanking SM a lot.

Also, I used to think shield bashing and retaliation were the coolest things since sliced bread

Deleted
    My boyfriend recruited me to the game. He helped me create a rogue and I found it very good to open all fights with my throwing weapon and afterwards run away while he killed them. I also created a mage and thought that I was very intelligent to try to kill the "enemies" with my staff.

i use to get completely lost in deadmines... thats fun lol... couldnt find the entrance

Made a druid solely because of Feline Swiftness or whatever it was called back then since it let me get a 30% movement speed buff at 21. Then at 30 just ran everywhere in travel form because I didn't have enough to buy the riding training and 60% speed mounts at 40. Don't think I bought a 60% speed mount until 60, as I just didn't see myself ever getting enough gold to buy the 100% speed mounts.

After that, tried to make a rogue 19 bg twink. Had most of the gear for her too but never could get a group to run WC since I was alliance. Still have that character, shame they nerfed Assassin's Dagger.

Walked from Theramore to Teldrassil through barrens. Then found out about the "other" ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Grinded on mobs instead of questing.
    Actually did that a lot on my DK. not that i didn't know how to quest.. but i only played her when i didn't feel like thinking and she killed things so fast it wasn't funny. so i'd just kill stuff in hellfire in a sort of mental haze.

Level'ed much (up till 80-ish?) of my first toon, a "shadow priest", by killing mobs with Penance and generally nothing else... derp.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xkungx View Post
    i use to get completely lost in deadmines... thats fun lol... couldnt find the entrance
    There's an entrance? I still get lost in some of the dungeons and I've been playing for years.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    Walked from Theramore to Teldrassil through barrens. Then found out about the "other" ship.
    Ive done that too. I felt so stupid when I found out about the other ships around the world.

Another thing was that on my first character (a warrior) all I did was stack stamina because I figured the more health I had the more powerful I would be in battle (???????????????????? wha?????? yeah....I know....)

Deleted
    uh embarrasing... probably the most newbie thing of everything possible lol, i thought killing critters could get you banned, i thought sorry for the deers running around, especially the ones with little kids, if i saw some1 killing them or if i killed em myself i always expected a ban or a warning lol, dam i were stupid..

Deleted
    All sorts of stupid crap I presume when I was -10 (my English back then was veeeery poor, so I had to learn everything the hard way) and I still kept using a 1h+oh until level 40something, 'cause of the stats.. >.<
    Edit: Feeling like it's worth mentioning > I was a druid

Deleted
    I always kept my heartstone in teldrassil untill i was about level 50
    i knew it was a safe place to return to

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, putting myself on an oceanic realm even though I'm American.. screwed me over hard until realm transfers came out lol

I started out as a Tauren Hunter.. Thought 100 melee damage was great for dual wielding swords. Didn't even know quests existed until level 30-40 (I came from the game Tibia originally, which is extremely monster-grind oriented.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't eat food until level 60ish playing a Rogue. I'd fight one mob at a time (Sinister Strike combat with daggers!), didn't use poisons, and waited in stealth until my health recovered. I never used Slice and Dice, either.

Also: a friend of mine has been a rather decent player for the last four years. He only learned a few months ago that you didn't -have- to match gem socket bonuses (he was inspecting my Rogue, where we had the same piece of gear. "Wait, how the hell do you have a red gem in that blue socket?")
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Hm, things like buying a complete armorset without stats from a vendor, and being proud of it. Furthermore.. Falling off the Undercity elevator, twice in a row.

15+ Year Old Account
    I equipped a very rare item worth a lot of gold I had found while questing, not knowing it would become Soulbound.

I put a very rare item on the Auction House before checking its value. Turns out, I could have made about 3k more gold.
    Statix will suffice.