Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    List of retailers that may have some left:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only assume you guys don't live in NA. As I said you can buy it from bestbuy.ca or bestbuy.com both regions have copies heck the US Bestbuy even has a digital download but for some reason it's $20.00 more. Both Bestbuy's offer free shipping if you don't want or can't drive to your nearest location. If you live outside of NA or some remote region then I'm sorry my info won't be much help.

Oh I just checked Future shop (Canadian company owned by best buy) tons of copies there too. Collectors and standard editions available in store /shrug. I'd recommend a more game / PC related type retailer opposed to say places like Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I can only assume you guys don't live in NA. As I said you can buy it from bestbuy.ca or bestbuy.com both regions have copies heck the US Bestbuy even has a digital download but for some reason it's $20.00 more. Both Bestbuy's offer free shipping if you don't want or can't drive to your nearest location. If you live outside of NA or some remote region then I'm sorry my info won't be much help.

Oh I just checked Future shop (Canadian company owned by best buy) tons of copies there too. Collectors and standard editions available in store /shrug. I'd recommend a more game / PC related type retailer opposed to say places like Walmart.
    Is it the digital deluxe they have (for $20 more)? Because if so...that's by design, the customer gets more

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Meanwhile I've never had to face an "extended maintenance" or 4 hour queues just to login and play.

Which is worse?
    Exactly, I've got over sixty hours in since the 24th and I don't recall ever being unable to login or being kicked. Not even once. Pretty freaking outstanding compared to other MMORPG launches I've gone through.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-09-04 at 09:04 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Is it the digital deluxe they have (for $20 more)? Because if so...that's by design, the customer gets more
    Yeah it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its also sold out everywhere here in Iceland, not a single store has a copy.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Blizzard did the same thing back in classic wow. To keep the servers from getting overloaded.

http://www.inquisitr.com/317412/guil...sales-on-hold/

Pretty similar to WoW first month it went online.
    Last edited by galvin; 2012-09-04 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Maybe I'm just old but I don't recall WoW having a digital only option at launch. The game was down a lot too. I was a day one WoW'ser and I recall having weeks worth of free time from all the blanket credits Blizzard kept giving for downtime and login problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Really? Maybe I'm just old but I don't recall WoW having a digital only option at launch. The game was down a lot too. I was a day one WoW'ser and I recall having weeks worth of free time from all the blanket credits Blizzard kept giving for downtime and login problems.
    i know they didn't have a digital launch but they have a crap ton of problems. Anyone remember dying instantly cause you died out in the forest, but the server was so lagged that your client didn't show you dead till you were in town or something. Or servers constantly crashing, falling thru the world to your death or a slew of other problems. And blizzard had to stop sales of the game so the servers could keep up.

So yeah guildwars2 having many issues is the same deal as WoW when it was new. Nothing new, it should be expected. I'm sure when blizzard does a brand new MMO it will have many issues too at first.

Deleted
    I should have specified, this is for EU, specifically UK

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I already got a full refund for my digital purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    they shut it down because they couldn't handle the server load.

Meanwhile, the Trading Post still fails to function. And some Diablo kid gets banned for making use of the only way to make decent money in the game.
    Making sacrifices to support play-ability and a smooth launch is not something new to MMOs on launch, and the trading post has been up in queue fashion for a while now, and it just officially went completely up two days ago?

People still play Diablo?

Deleted
    Ask someone from a diffrent country, if you know any you can trust

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Exactly, I've got over sixty hours in since the 24th and I don't recall ever being unable to login or being kicked. Not even once. Pretty freaking outstanding compared to other MMORPG launches I've gone through.
    If only the rest of us had it as good as you did

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    How on earth are digital downloads sold out? What a joke.
    seriously! how the hell do you run out of downloads? i pre-purchased so no worries about getting the game. being sold out of hard copies of the game doesnt surprise me (as it will be game of the year, imho). i am just floored that they have a cap on digital downloads. unless they really have sold more copies than they had anticipated. which if that is the case, good for them! they made a great game!

and dont troll me on the TP being down. the gw2 AH is huge as it combines ALL servers economies! thinking that something that huge was going to be unrolled flawlessly is very absurd!

their launch so far has blown swtor, rift and wow out of the water as far as functionality and overall fun. no extended maintenance and no huge loggin q's!
    Last edited by Djaye; 2012-09-04 at 09:52 PM.

How do you run out of digital downloads? Well, you don't. You turn them off so people that do have the game can play without login queues. Excellent move as far as I'm concerned.

Of course it sucks for people that don't have the game yet. Just keep looking around or waiting for them to open them up again. My local Walmart has a few copies left as well as some other stores in the area. You just have to be willing to leave your house to get them.

Deleted
    I meant for the UK, we don't have walmarts here

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    How on earth are digital downloads sold out? What a joke.
    They closed it to limit the influx of new players to overloaded servers. Funny, isn't it? A company that cares about quality. What a ridiculous concept!

On topic - I got a copy in the first store I tried, and they had another dozen copies on the wall. I didn't even think it would be an issue somewhere.
    Last edited by namelessone; 2012-09-04 at 10:37 PM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    I was going to buy it, but none about... So I'm not going to bother now.

UK here too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    If only the rest of us had it as good as you did
    I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop actually. I've never had a launch this smooth for me. Even TOR and TSW would randomly CTD, have queues, not let me log in, etc, etc, etc... for days if not weeks after launch. Lag spikes and "squishiness" are the worst issues I've had with GW2.