Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So i heard you like rake and thrash...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice mihir! I posted 52.5k on ultraxion last night myself. I'm not liking weaving thrash into the single target rotation though.

Rake was good to me this week. I wish I had taken FoN for Ultrax this week, I think I could have gotten a little higher:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y2...?s=7090&e=7368
    We did 0% debuff this week so I got an extra Berserk in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    I'm reluctant to say never, but feral druids shouldn't need to use HotW to heal the raid. If your healers can't do their job, you might want new healers, that's my view on that. Tranquility, sure, but that's 10 seconds of a fight, not really a big deal and besides, lots of classes bring stuff like that (rallying cry, aura mastery, etc, etc).
    It isn't that the healers can't do their job. We are talking about progression raiding here! You have to do things differently given the gear you currently have.

3 examples:
    1) hc Rag: My guild three healed this fight when most were using 4. This isn't because our dps sucked, but we were trying to consistently push 1 meteor in p3. Having only 3 healers required other druids to use tranq. I realize that tranq isn't quite the best example b/c you can consider it a raid cd, but what other raid cd requires you to cast for 8 seconds out of form?

2) hc Madness: Again my guild chose to go 1 short on the healers to down this fight. Being in t13 now, I have 2 raid cd's (tranq/t13 FR). I used tranq 2 times on each attempt and had to use T13 FR on 2 platforms during the blistering tentacles. Having to do this, I lost close to a minute of full dps time for the fight.

3) hc Spine: I went with a hybrid build so that I could dps the burning tendon + tank the amalg on plate 3. That hybrid build didn't exactly "kill" my dps but it wasn't optimal. I also used T13 FR ~4 times throughout the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    although classes are now quiet balanced, there is still some signs of it, warlock for instance.
    I really hope you're talking about 90 and not 85, because classes aren't balanced for shit at 85.

Edit: You guys and your rake logs... here's my Ultraxion kill:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=5953&e=6137

Blackhorn was "pretty good" if you care to look at that too :3
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-09-06 at 10:03 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I really hope you're talking about 90 and not 85, because classes aren't balanced for shit at 85.

Edit: You guys and your rake logs... here's my Ultraxion kill:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=5953&e=6137

Blackhorn was "pretty good" if you care to look at that too :3
    So rake is better to spam then mangle on ultraxion? O.o

and i was talking about the whole lengh of cataclysm, some classes have been OP the whole way but a lot of classes have been very close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    It isn't that the healers can't do their job. We are talking about progression raiding here! You have to do things differently given the gear you currently have.
    This is true, I'm sure HotW will be used to help eek out those extra numbers to kill fights.

My point STILL is that that does not make us some sort of healer SLASH dps class, and that our numbers should be just as competitive as any other DPS.

That was all I was saying, not talking about forgoing raid CDs or not using class mechanics to down fights.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    So rake is better to spam then mangle on ultraxion? O.o
    It's better to spam rake than spam shred.

Deleted
    When do we weave in Trash in rotation? to keep the DoT up?
    And is it only Ultraxion were Rake wins over Shred or should we just use it instead of Mangle and Shred all the time?

Deleted
    If you use rake in stead of Shred/mangle ALL the time it'll be impossible to keep up an tiger's fury empowered rake?! Is the initial hit of rake rly stronger than a ticking TF'ed rake + shed/mangle as filler?

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    When do we weave in Trash in rotation? to keep the DoT up?
    And is it only Ultraxion were Rake wins over Shred or should we just use it instead of Mangle and Shred all the time?
    You Thrash when OOC is up and Thrash isn't already up, assuming you don't have something more important to cast (ie, OOC procs when you need to put up rip or rake, then you'd still cast rip or rake).

Rake wins over Shred regardless of positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    If you use rake in stead of Shred/mangle ALL the time it'll be impossible to keep up an tiger's fury empowered rake?! Is the initial hit of rake rly stronger than a ticking TF'ed rake + shed/mangle as filler?
    Pretty much, yes.

Short summary on rake as a filler:
    • Don't do it if you don't have the mastery raid buff.
    • Only use shred (or mangle on Ultraxion) in one of two situations:
      1. Casting a rake will overwrite a stronger rake on the target and you still have extends available to your rip.
      2. Your rip is about to end and you haven't used all of your extends yet, AND you're not at 5 CP. If you get to 5CP before using all of the extends it's better to just use the CP instead of extending and wasting CP.
    • Don't use incarnation. Ever.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-09-07 at 07:15 AM.

rake, shred and mangle seems to be hotfixed?
    anyone confirm?

No idea what you mean, but I don't think rake damage has been hotfixed.

It will be soon if it isn't already, but if they have then it seems to be a rather pitiful change.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-09-07 at 07:27 AM.

Some player report that rake damage has been reduced.

And shred and mangle damage has been increased.

Almost confirm at this moment.

Taiwan realm.

gear 409, mastery 1591

Approximate ​​change

Rake no cri 13k -> 11k

Shred no cri 16k -> 20K
    Last edited by scorpio0920; 2012-09-07 at 07:44 AM.

They just did a build push yesterday, I find it unlikely that they would push a hotfix overnight for something that really isn't that pressing of an issue. Maybe my understanding of how their development process works is completely off.

I did do a short test on the dummy (US Realm) and I did do slightly worse than typical DPS, but it wasn't anything low enough to say that it was attributed to a rake hotfix and not just bad RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, GC did just write the following:

At both level 85 and level 90, in high-mastery conditions, Rake will outscale Shred for DPE and become the primary filler move for CPs. Shred is still weaved in to extend rip duration and letting tf/proc buffed Rakes roll, but overall the rotations is largely simplified by just spamming rake.

Yeah, this seems like a valid concern (i.e. the numbers make sense). We'll investigate and try to shift damage around to discourage it.
    See http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...36?page=32#635.

But do they investigate that fast?

And @ Razorback, if you want to keep up to date with the latest theorycrafting and information, read the FluidDruid.net website. Elitist Jerks is pretty much dead when it comes to Feral (they're all moonkin lovers there ), and this place is good for relaying information, but not so much for generating it.

Deleted
    So anyone else having problem with primal fury proc being delayed?

Yep, and it sucks. A lot.

Deleted
    How bad/good is Force of Nature compared to SotF and Incarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    They just did a build push yesterday, I find it unlikely that they would push a hotfix overnight for something that really isn't that pressing of an issue. Maybe my understanding of how their development process works is completely off.

I did do a short test on the dummy (US Realm) and I did do slightly worse than typical DPS, but it wasn't anything low enough to say that it was attributed to a rake hotfix and not just bad RNG.
    It's definitely fixed today. My rakes went down from nearly 10k on the test dummy to 7.5k....thought I was imagining things because my rake damage seemed lower while my ravage, mangle, (not sure about shred) damage was higher. Checked mmo champion to see if any other druids noticed.

Edit: Wow, there must have been some slip from blizzard. My mangle and shred are pretty much the same damage...which makes shred useless.
    Last edited by mmofiend; 2012-09-07 at 12:24 PM.