Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Redeem iCoke Voucher Quest question(s)

Hey there MMO-C, while doing so random BG's someone Randomly shared a quest called 'Redeem iCoke Prize Voucher' which rewards a pet called 'White Murloc Egg' and I have no idea how to complete it. The Quest has no description and under the zone quests are listed in it says 'Missing header! (quest designers)'

http://i.imgur.com/5gAOE.jpg <- SS proof.

Anyone know what to do with this or know if it's even completable?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's old....

In fact, it's so ancient wowwiki and wowpedia have no mention of it. Its reward is a missing member of the murloc family, Terky.

No one actually knows what it's for, but based on the name I'd say it was an old Coke promotion from vanilla, around the time of Naxxrammas.

I'd say it's no longer avaliable, that or it was foreign and US servers (are you US?) don't have the ability to return it.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2012-05-08 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Derp, you not a beta player.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's old....

In fact, it's so ancient wowwiki and wowpedia have no mention of it. Its reward is a missing member of the murloc family, Terky.

No one actually knows what it's for, but based on the name I'd say it was an old Coke promotion from vanilla, around the time of Naxxrammas.

I'd say it's no longer avaliable, that or it was foreign and US servers (are you US?) don't have the ability to return it.
    I play on European servers. Shame though, always wanted a little Murloc pet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    I play on European servers. Shame though, always wanted a little Murloc pet
    Best I could dig up was a wowhead page about it, but it gives nothing outside of the reward and that the reward is named Terky.

I want this quest. Can you share it, what's your real id xD? Can we share quests through real id xD

I actually opened up a ticket about this and got a reply within less then 20 minutes, apparently this quest is not intended to be in the game and there's no way to complete it. They also 'took action' against the person who of whom shared it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    I actually opened up a ticket about this and got a reply within less then 20 minutes, apparently this quest is not intended to be in the game and there's no way to complete it. They also 'took action' against the person who of whom shared it.
    Well then that settles that. It's garbage code, a quest that isn't avaliable, isn't finishable, and was removed from quest logs. The person obviously exploited his way into getting it.

I never remember this as a promo

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated, it was a promo that was considered, then dropped sadly. Blizz wasnt very good with Promos and free stuff back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    As stated, it was a promo that was considered, then dropped sadly. Blizz wasnt very good with Promos and free stuff back then.
    I would have traded some of my coke rewards points back them for some in game items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look on the bright side, for a while we got to play archaeologist... wait, archaeologist. We found a buggy quest with no header, and no turn in. A mysterious reward. We combed through the internet, found that it was a lost murloc. We drew our conclusions, then found out for real.

Though I wish I had a Terky....

Odd, Terky (The would be reward for this quest) was just categorized as a battle pet on the front page... Are they bringing the pet in through other means?

Quote Originally Posted by Nycon View Post
    Odd, Terky (The would be reward for this quest) was just categorized as a battle pet on the front page... Are they bringing the pet in through other means?

More than likely for the people that actually got it as a pet many many many years ago...or just ancient coding coughed up in a DB scan/data mined that has no actual effect. Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    More than likely for the people that actually got it as a pet many many many years ago...or just ancient coding coughed up in a DB scan/data mined that has no actual effect. Who knows.
    The pet was never released and the promo was dropped. Anyone who has the quest now got it by accident or through exploiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I has teh quest Darsy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I has teh quest Darsy.
    Exploiter! Ban him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pffft, your reign doesn't spread THAT far.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they made the pet a battle pet, there is a good chance they will bring it back. I seriously doubt they will do anything with the quest, but the pet will be obtained through other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terky's Wowhead page: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=16445

According to their database, it was added in patch 2.4. (There's also an article on WarcraftPets.com that mentions this thread, FYI. ;)
    Last edited by Alayea; 2012-09-08 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Some rearranging.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Terky's Wowhead page: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=16445

According to their database, it was added in patch 2.4. (There's also an article on WarcraftPets.com that mentions this thread, FYI.
    It's not in the game, and never was, even if added in a patch.

Good news is that they're adding it back!