Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thanks for putting the time into this guide!
    Very helpful, no doubt will be looking over this when MoP launches

Now that RL issues have gone by, I can get back to working on the guide and streaming ><.
    There are a few things we need to finish for the 25th release!

Deleted
    Does somebody know the exact Haste breakpoints?

Some sources seem to say 1350 / 8000
    Others i found seem to say 3500 / 10500

1350 with 5% haste aura (i.e. raid buffs), I believe 3500 is without any haste modifiers at all (unbuffed).

Edit:

From the formula I have you need 3542 / 10625 haste without any modifiers to get a 7th / 8th tick on both Renewing and Enveloping.

With 5% haste from raid buffs, 1350 / 8096.
    Last edited by Redfern; 2012-09-06 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new buff system you should plan your reforges expecting you will be receiving all raid buffs. Especially for 25m but 10m should be possible with multiple comps. I think especially for the first tier haste will be much less valuable after you hit the first breakpoint.

Spirit until regen is comfortable > int > 1350 haste > spirit > mastery > haste = crit
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

Deleted
    Talking a little about optimisation ( thanks for the informations about caps) :

1) In raid stuff, i think it's possible to go to 5000 / 6000 haste, in full haste reforging

I really wonder, given the importance of Renmist, if 320 haste gems ( after we are confortable with spirit) could not be something to think about, to reach the second cap.

2) OR, we could imagine to put a lot more spirit than we really need, and switch Uplift in mana consumption ( with the glyph).

3 ) For the mana regen, i think we can imagine 2 possible choices:
    - keeping uplift unglyphed, and, when we are confortable with mana, increasing our power heal, with haste or intel
    - going a lot more further with spirit, and glyphing uplift, so that we can abuse it, and keep chi for ZS detonation / Chi burst spaming

Deleted
    Going for high spirit and then glyphing Uplift seems interesting

I think that glyph of Uplift will find its place, especially if there are fights with high "bursty" AoE dmg. Think Chimaeron, for example...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistfit View Post
    With the new buff system you should plan your reforges expecting you will be receiving all raid buffs. Especially for 25m but 10m should be possible with multiple comps. I think especially for the first tier haste will be much less valuable after you hit the first breakpoint.

Spirit until regen is comfortable > int > 1350 haste > spirit > mastery > haste = crit
    5% spell haste is the rarest buff in the game, only 3 specs bring it at the time. It's not that easy to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is why I think haste is not worth it beyond the first breakpoint:

Our "Big, expensive heal" (surging mists for mana, enveloping mists for chi) is instant cast while channelling soothing mists negating any need for haste. The stat investment to get a second tick on renewing mists may not be worth versus the regen and throughput stats you would have to give up.

Further into the tier and expac when regen is more comfortable and the item level allows for more secondary stats then I would push haste up further.

5% spell haste is the rarest buff in the game, only 3 specs bring it at the time. It's not that easy to get it.
    I expect most group comps will be built around maximizing buffs so even though it is a rare buff, you will be sure to bring one. Also I am basing all my plans around 25m, 10m is going to be a little tighter
    Last edited by Mistfit; 2012-09-07 at 01:23 AM.
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

In my 10man team we have the 5% speed buff from all the three clases that brings it. So its not that hard to get

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Going for high spirit and then glyphing Uplift seems interesting

I think that glyph of Uplift will find its place, especially if there are fights with high "bursty" AoE dmg. Think Chimaeron, for example...
    This is very interesting and worth considering IMO :-) 6% is a lot of mana though, but as you mentioned some encounters might have some unpredictable burst damage and instead of taking at least 2 extra gcds to generate 2 chi having uplift ready to use might have its benefits, correct me if I'm wrong =P

The cons of the glyph though, is that you no longer generate mana tea stacks from uplift since you're not spending chi and secondly you'll only have like 2 - 3 abilities on which to spend chi, and they might not be as useful to use as say a 2 chi uplift and well, we shouldn't be "wasting" a valuable resource for healing. Severely affects your mana regen so I can imagine it might only be considered in the later tiers of MoP.

And to top it off, Glyphed Uplift heals for less then unglyphed atm. But lets hope its a bug

How would the stat priorities look if a raid did not have the 5% haste buff? It's most likely that my raid won't have this buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    And to top it off, Glyphed Uplift heals for less then unglyphed atm. But lets hope its a bug
    I'm seeing no difference between unglyphed and glyphed at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by backyellow View Post
    How would the stat priorities look if a raid did not have the 5% haste buff? It's most likely that my raid won't have this buff.
    I really think it depends on your gear, if you can get more haste to reach the (unbuffed) haste breakpoint without sacrificing a lot of spirit, I'd say go for it. Try reforging out of Mastery/Crit instead of Spirit, I do believe the first breakpoint will be a lot more beneficial than these 2 stats. 3542 haste is definitely doable.

Oh then they changed it, then i really could glyph it

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, if I'm not mistaken we still have no other options that staff if we excpect to do (at least from time to time) melee healing, have we ?
    I was hoping the would add something to Way of the Monk to make 1H+OH at least viable (like, "1H + OH = +20% to all damage" or something. :-/)

Oh they chamged that you can have 1h+off-hand now. It gives the 40% extra dmg. Our BiS is preraid atleast 1hand from jade temple (epic one) and the epic off-hand from inscript

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Oh they chamged that you can have 1h+off-hand now. It gives the 40% extra dmg. Our BiS is preraid atleast 1hand from jade temple (epic one) and the epic off-hand from inscript
    This .

I've sifted through the gear lists and the only staff, epic wise is Inscribed Crane Staff but takes a lot of time/$$ this early into an expansion. Gustwalker Staff is the only option you can get without throwing a handful of gold coins at.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-09-08 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    Inscribed won't actually be too expensive, just extremely time consuming to get assuming you have one scribe. One thing to think about is whether or not you'll make it or start on a DMC though cause the healer one is looking to be very strong again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Inscribed won't actually be too expensive, just extremely time consuming to get assuming you have one scribe. One thing to think about is whether or not you'll make it or start on a DMC though cause the healer one is looking to be very strong again.
    Exactly. DMC /w Shado-Pan trinket is looking very strong.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-09-08 at 10:51 PM.