Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    You deserve no damage if you don't stun your enemy before using it, its not just to walk out of it with a proper setup, besides that i think you did not read my post properly as i did talk about the total damage it does as well, not just how bursty it can get.
    and you do no damage if you don't do that because you stay on the same place channeling the skill.....

what's so hard about that? Can't you just turn out and make that warrior miss his entire burst?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    You deserve no damage if you don't stun your enemy before using it, its not just to walk out of it with a proper setup, besides that i think you did not read my post properly as i did talk about the total damage it does as well, not just how bursty it can get.
    Read your post, you say it does 4k-5k in the last hit which is just flat out wrong, it does that amount of damage TOTAL, as in if you ate THE ENTIRE SKILL you take that much, and please look at my post earlier about how retardedly easy it is to get out of an immob/interrupting the warrior, it's a heavily flawed build and if you get beat by that build all I can tell you is L2p.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I believe the unbalance makes for a greater learning curve on some classes because they don’t get as much of a chance. Yes, the warrior burst damage is a total tally, not cumulative, and that’s their best move. If you counter it, you can neutralize the class easy. If they don’t lock you down, just dodge! And if they do: everyone should have a condition removal/stun break, and the warrior burst is the hallmark example of when to use it.

Now some of the problem is with other op classes running around invulnerable and also locking you down. They’re gonna be chunking on damage while the warrior’s flashy burst catches your eye. It generally happens when you’re totally vulnerable and surrounded, and takes your mind off the fact that 1 or more people are contributing to your demise. Still, anyone could take 6k damage alone and survive just fine, probably twice, but 1v1 against a warrior, avoiding the burst is an easily attainable #1 priority.

Regardless, lets be cool towards each other and teach people how to play rather than saying they need to learn how like they’re dumb.

I don't have any problems with warriors and I play an elementalist. You just need a stun breaker and a short immunity. Guardians are hard to kill, but they don't have much range.

Thieves and Mesmers on the other hand... God I hate them. Their downed state is probably the most annoying thing in the game.

I agree. Those 2 downed states make 1v2 extra difficult, contributing to zerg. On a similar note, they should REALLY give points for defending a node in structured pvp so that people have incentive to run defense and get into more balanced 1v1/2v2-ish fights and situations.

But, I really got it out for those guardians man, so I gotta say: I run with a mace/shield and rifle, and I can’t make the range angle work on them if well played. I’m built for run-and-gun tanking and do quite well with it, but they easily counter with invulnerable summons, a few moves to both push and pull you in, and at least one dash move that simply outmodes trying to run backwards or sideways with a rifle, even with swiftness ¾ of the time. Of course I exploit height advantages, but they themselves also seem invulnerable more often than not….

Ok, I’m laying off the guardians now. Thanks for listening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Rogers View Post
    On a similar note, they should REALLY give points for defending a node in structured pvp so that people have incentive to run defense and get into more balanced 1v1/2v2-ish fights and situations.
    And remove points for capturing a point. I often see 4-5 people just standing there (which doesn't speed up the process, mind you, so it wastes manpower), while the people attacking different points in the meantime get nothing. Playing to win gets punished.

Guardians? When it comes to DPS Guardians are a poor mix of situational AOE abilities and half-useful single target hits. With a Guardian you're better off stacking on abilities that help your entire team like AOE heals and shields and buffs, if you try to go with the 2-hander stuff you'll find yourself always lacking the ability you need to finish off a fight because it's some stupid AOE that everyone can avoid or something of the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the professions are ok. AN just did not want each one to be good at everything.

My god mesmers are annoying, I get them down to almost dead I'm doing pretty good for health and them BAM I'm a big chicken that can barely do anything and I have no idea what each spell does and then they are pretty much back to full hp and I'm a dead man. What is this spell called and how do I avoid/ break it?
    I believe it's time for me to be famous.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Moa Morph. Wiki doesn't seem to be working for me (it lists exactly what the moa morph's skills are, I'm pretty sure), but it's one of their elite skills, and turns you into a moa for 10 seconds. No idea if it has an obvious animation or not.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's Moa Morph. Wiki doesn't seem to be working for me (it lists exactly what the moa morph's skills are, I'm pretty sure), but it's one of their elite skills, and turns you into a moa for 10 seconds. No idea if it has an obvious animation or not.
    They can't move while casting and it's a pretty long cast, so bleh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    They can't move while casting and it's a pretty long cast, so bleh.
    Oh good. Just gotta pay attention for that specific casting animation, and LOLNOPEIDODGED!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Or just stun, daze, blind, invuln, block, knock back, launch, knockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Guardians? When it comes to DPS Guardians are a poor mix of situational AOE abilities and half-useful single target hits. With a Guardian you're better off stacking on abilities that help your entire team like AOE heals and shields and buffs, if you try to go with the 2-hander stuff you'll find yourself always lacking the ability you need to finish off a fight because it's some stupid AOE that everyone can avoid or something of the like.
    Ok, well the only guardian AOE I’m having problems with is the best heal in the game, which makes them unhittable while they fully restore themselves and others. Other classes are lucky to restore even half their own health if they aren’t interrupted. I can counter any of the guardians offensive moves, but they are stout tanks and the best healers to begin with, and if spec’d only a little for DPS, they’re an even more significant force to be reckoned with. I go dual-weild and 2-hander doing only slightly less dps with my build than a glass cannon, with much more durability, yet they drag the fight out by easily negating a lot of damage, then fully restoring. Any attacks they provide are icing on the team cake especially when considering their ability to move people around, control points, and cc. Sure, there’s no holy trinity, but there really is, right?: and ya got 2 or 3 pieces right here!

I don't wanna beat a dead horse or qq, but they really don't seem so trivial to me. Many matches seem to come down to who had the most guardians and thieves on their team, plain and simple. I think this is a great game, with plenty of wide appeal in both pve and pvp, but they could really do some justice to their product if they adjusted a few things, and i'm sure they will. Hopefully this issue will be at the forefront of their minds. I know things will never be perfectly balanced, but this one just seems obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Or just stun, daze, blind, invuln, block, knock back, launch, knockdown.
    Well, there's that too. Dodge needs to be the instinctual response to danger, though, and it's something I sometimes struggle with still.

Well, there's that too. Dodge needs to be the instinctual response to danger, though, and it's something I sometimes struggle with still.
    i have no problem with dodging, I have a problem with dodge when I dodge roll and I don't move out of the way. I get stuck on nothing, I literally mean nothing but a ground texture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    i have no problem with dodging, I have a problem with dodge when I dodge roll and I don't move out of the way. I get stuck on nothing, I literally mean nothing but a ground texture.
    So it wasn't just me who sometimes just rolls in place (without any debuff on me).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. Weird, haven't experienced that yet.

Deleted
    Hrm. Weird, haven't experienced that yet.
    It happens rarely, about once every two days at max, but it does happen. Not really gamebreaking imo.

I learned the hard way that one does not simply Block a dragon's foot to the face. A dodge, or phasing out of reality works just fine though.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~