Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Wrong! How could u say that ? You know the reasons of all players ? I think not..
    I changed WoW by Sw:Tor in Dec 2011 and i dont gonna back to WoW anymore, played too many years WoW and cant play anymore..WoW became very easy and childish for me.
    Don't feed it, it'll come back.

"never taken any players" should have been a clue.

Don't worry about it though. I've made similar mistakes in the past.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-09-07 at 04:18 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
    A mate summed it up the other week. He mentioned that his interest in MMO's was killed by playing WoW for 5 years and has no interest in playing a MMO again, me, I'm just bored of the current state of gaming in the PC market, ie. half-finished and bug ridden betas of supposedly finished games aimed at the lowest common denominator casual players, with lacklustre gameplay.
    this is exactly where i am at atm. I still play swtor but the interest is waning even with my guild doing HM Denova up to vorgath weekly(kephess is dead soon)

but yea i did wow since launch and played some EQ and GW1 and my interest in MMOs is slowly coming to a halt. they are still fun but meh. matter of fact I jut received a free 7day pass to WoW but dont think ill be using it at all.

I think the state of MMOs in general is whats killing them. there is no more innovation and its the same thing over and over, it happened with D3(yea not really MMOish) GW2 its already happening SWTOR its already done. each of these games have their core community (well not D3 and GW2 yet) and their pops will rise and fall with the times, but the core will remain and its THAT community that will keep these games alive.

tor will still be a good community even if its down to 2 servers like HK stated

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Haha! I actually love my in-laws

Ontopic: I agree. People just sit around complaining there is nothing to do instead of going out and doing things.
    its not sitting around theres only so many times you can do EV/KP so many times you can pvp before it gets old i finally started to realize the content just isnt there now and leveling another toon in TOR is horrible the planets over and over again makes me want to jam pencils in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    its not sitting around theres only so many times you can do EV/KP so many times you can pvp before it gets old i finally started to realize the content just isnt there now and leveling another toon in TOR is horrible the planets over and over again makes me want to jam pencils in my eyes
    Invest in perks.

One of my guildies has been averaging like 2 levels an hour by being a healer in lfg with the 30% exp perk for dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    you know i used to LOVE piling up the body bags in EV/KP/EC but now my manndo is like WTF where is the EMPIRE!!!!!! why am i fighting hutts some old sith and a deranged sith masters.

I signed up to kill Imps not these idiots that think they can take over the galaxy. I have now found myself lvling 3 different alts and its just geting old and stale fast even with the different stories and killing strats for each class. the presence boost is whats killing it for me. Kehm can run in kill a pack of strongs with 1 bubble and heal. Im getting the BOA affect without the BOAs.

Deleted

Ontopic: I agree. People just sit around complaining there is nothing to do instead of going out and doing things.
    its a weird trend and its not just in games i have this problem whit friends and friends of them, they just want to do nothing ...... :S

i dont think we will lose any players when MoP arrives, just those players who have accounts on both games - i do and i will be playing MoP until my main is lvl 90 and 2 of my alts are lvl 90 as well, after that ill try and split my time between dailies on wow and swtor

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    its a weird trend and its not just in games i have this problem whit friends and friends of them, they just want to do nothing ...... :S
    While your point *is* true, this is not the case for this game. There literally is nothing to do anymore. HM Denova has been cleared for ages, most people who enjoy PVP maxed that out a long time ago. Dailies for money get old on everyone, and we've had the same 3 zones for ages.

And like many people say, as much fun as alts are, doing the same quests forever on end is also not fun. There is nothing to go explore, the world is invisibly roped off and there is no way around that. Any serious players already have their datacrons, raiders and pvpers have their gear, and now most people are left in stasis.

For this game, you really can't fault players for not wanting to do anything. There's not much to do. They need a content injection like a blood transfusion at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    Omg. Its not just me?

My wife and I have been like... Does everyone hate us or something?

No one wants to go to the movies, dinner, fishing, hiking, ANYTHING.

And then its like

"fine, we will stay inside and play video games. Want to do a HM raid or ranked?"

"No, we want to pub stomp some unrated pugs"

Its like... wtf.

Oh and when people DO want to do something? Its always the most expensive thing possible. You want to drive down to nyc and see a band that is playing... 3 days from now and the ticket prices have quadrupled? Great. Let me just sell some organs first.

Steve wants us to rent a boat? Sure. Why not. We have that sort of money, right?

Meanwhile we are eating pasta from costco.

fml.

sorry for OT but I feel you at1c.

You will always lose some ppl when any new game comes out. Tons of ppl jump ship with each new game hoping for the next amazing thing that almost always ends up not happening. Between the GW launch and WoW last 5.0 patch most of the ppl that will be playing WoW or GW are gone now. Sure a few more will take off some only due to the fact that ops, rwz teams and guilds are slowly starting to drop in numbers. My SWTOR guild had the 2nd best raid and 3rd highest rated RWZ and has now merged with 2 other guilds to hold up numbers in the last month. Ppl coming and going is part of the ebb and flow of a mmo. A better question is not will ppl leave, but will they come back and when?

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 10:10 AM ----------

Ppl want things handed to them and set up completely for them. I have seen many ppl that log on out of the blue ask if their is a raid, ops or whatever going on if there isn't one ready to go right at that momment like it was waiting for them to log on they bitch about nothign to do and log. Side note kick those ppl from your guilds asap they are toxic and need to be cut out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I should add that commericalism and technology are basically forcing us into a closed, home society. Not to mention that economically just leaving your house costs 4x more than it used to. I would rather spend my $8 on netflix and occasional $1 on a redbox than spend $50+ to go to the movies. Same reason why MMOs are so popular.

In regards to why people only decide to do crazy expensive stuff? That's called repressive rebounding. You tell yourself 'No' so many times, that when it's finally a 'Yes', it's a BIG yes.

It could even be the reason MMOs exist F2P now. EA is counting on enoguh people not wanting to spend that 'little' investment on a monthly basis, because when they break down and spend $50 for a couple of weeks playing then become disillusioned, EA just hit the impulsive jackpot.

There's a lot of science and psychology behind F2P strategies, I guarantee it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Omg. Its not just me?

My wife and I have been like... Does everyone hate us or something?

No one wants to go to the movies, dinner, fishing, hiking, ANYTHING.

And then its like

"fine, we will stay inside and play video games. Want to do a HM raid or ranked?"

"No, we want to pub stomp some unrated pugs"

Its like... wtf.

Oh and when people DO want to do something? Its always the most expensive thing possible. You want to drive down to nyc and see a band that is playing... 3 days from now and the ticket prices have quadrupled? Great. Let me just sell some organs first.

Steve wants us to rent a boat? Sure. Why not. We have that sort of money, right?

Meanwhile we are eating pasta from costco.

fml.

sorry for OT but I feel you at1c.
    yeah indeed... people think that money grows on trees or something.... annoying as hell!

i do agree its getting stalemate in the game think most of old mmo gamers tierd of that from wow and hoping for "new hope" in star wars. i love the game but i cant only do the same thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    What do you guys think - Do we need to be scared of Sep25, launch date of MoP?
    I would really hate if ppl go back, since population on servers looks good and stable now. Most of it I would hate my guild to fall apart.

Any predictions?
    People will leave. Yeah, it'll be an impact, but how severe, I don't know, considering how many have already left.

If people leave SWTOR I suspect it will be for what SWTOR is not doing and not what the other games are doing. Im subbed/playing all 3 and im seriously considering leaving WoW and not getting the expansion and im getting a bit bored with SWTOR because the updates have been few and far between. The only reason im playing GW2 is because its fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    The only reason im playing GW2 is because its fresh.
    And free. Which SWTOR will be in November Soon™

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    And free. Which SWTOR will be in November Soon™
    Did they seriously go soft on the november time line?

God damn it.

They have to get their shit in order before dec 20th. period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Did they seriously go soft on the november time line?

God damn it.

They have to get their shit in order before dec 20th. period.
    I haven't heard anything indicating that they were edging away from the November release.

Kittyvicious, did you actually see them say that or were you making a joke?

They are taking way too long to make this transition

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    They are taking way too long to make this transition
    As someone pointed out: It wasn't a development choice to do this- it was a business choice. Now they are putting it into development which requires a lot more work than most think. Be patient.