About Charr lore. [Minor Spoilers]

So, i'm slowly levelling my Charr Warrior (A dream since GW1) and i keep hearing they say that they killed their gods.
    But, their gods are the Titans, right ?

And.. Correct me if i'm wrong since i've stopped playing GW1 when Nightfall came and only played a few missions of NF and EOTN. But i remember that who killed the Titans were the Ascalonians who fled with Rurik, aka the players, isn't that right ?

So, what gods did the Charr kill ? Or it's just a expression to show their current dislike of the shaman caste ?

Also, is Malice Swordshadow, Ruinbringer and Smodur ingame ? :O
    And the Imperator ? Isn't there supposed to be one or do the 3 Legion Imperators lead the Charr ?
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    I know that Smodur's in the game, who is the imperator of the Iron Legion, he's chilling up in the Imperator's core. Dunno about the others.

Gods the Charr killed were the Titans, hence why the flame legion are outcasts. The flame legion shamans worshiped the Titans.

Basically the uprising you instigate with Pyre Fierceshot becomes their uprising that they use to overthrow the flame legion and kill their titanic gods. The Titans that the humans killed were not specifically linked to the Charr, they were under control of the Lich in the ring of fire island chain.
    Last edited by mmoc64a56cce3c; 2012-09-07 at 10:08 PM.

The Flameseekers killed the majority of the Titans but many escaped into Charr Lands. After seeing the Titans destroyed by their nemesis', the Humans. Charr began to doubt their 'Gods'. This weakened the Flame Legions control over the Charr race.
    With help of heroes in the Eye of The North, The Ebon Vanguard and a rebel Warband of which Pyre Fierceshot belonged too, the Flame legion was all but destroyed in their various strongholds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I know that Smodur's in the game, who is the imperator of the Iron Legion, he's chilling up in the Imperator's core. Dunno about the others.

Gods the Charr killed were the Titans, hence why the flame legion are outcasts. The flame legion shamans worshiped the Titans.

Basically the uprising you instigate with Pyre Fierceshot becomes their uprising that they use to overthrow the flame legion and kill their titanic gods. The Titans that the humans killed were not specifically linked to the Charr, they were under control of the Lich in the ring of fire island chain.
    I believed that the Scepter of Orr, and the Vizier Khilbron, could control every Titan - including the ones the Charr worshiped. And with the destruction of Abaddon himself the Titans were crushed.

After a quick search i found in EOTN: "Like most Charr Shaman, Hierophant Burntsoul rose to power claiming his authority came directly from the Titans. In the years following the death of these Charr “gods” at the hands of mere humans, the Shaman caste fought hard to maintain control over their race."

So even there is written that the Titans were killed by humans and yet every charr in GW2 acts like they killed the Titans themselves.

But i'm not far enough in Charr Storyline yet. I might be missing something.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I believed that the Scepter of Orr, and the Vizier Khilbron, could control every Titan - including the ones the Charr worshiped. And with the destruction of Abaddon himself the Titans were crushed.

After a quick search i found in EOTN: "Like most Charr Shaman, Hierophant Burntsoul rose to power claiming his authority came directly from the Titans. In the years following the death of these Charr “gods” at the hands of mere humans, the Shaman caste fought hard to maintain control over their race."

So even there is written that the Titans were killed by humans and yet every charr in GW2 acts like they killed the Titans themselves.

But i'm not far enough in Charr Storyline yet. I might be missing something.
    Depends on timescales. I've yet to see a Charr speficially state WHEN they killed their gods. Following the destruction of Abbadon, the titans remained, but their ranks were shattered. The titans that remained occupied the realm of torment under command of Mallyx the Unyielding, and I'm not even sure if Mallyx is dead in the lore.

It's quite possible that the Titans remained under Mallyx's command. I'm just assuming he isn't dead in the lore because there's nothing really reflecting him being dead that I've seen around.

Isn't Mallyx destroyed in Nightfall ?
    I remember something about that. But as official lore sometimes differ from ingame quests it might be misleading.

Deleted
    Mallyx CAN be destroyed in Nightfall, but it's an elite mission that isn't really included in the main storyline. It's kind of a lore gap-filler to fall back on because, after you kill Abaddon, there are no reasons for the Margonites to remain in their organised ranks, so they add Mallyx as taking control over the Margonites after Abbadon's fall.

Like I say, I've seen no hints in the lore at all of Mallyx's existence, nevermind him being alive or dead.

Anyway, i'm loving the Charr so far in GW2. Even made me forget my Mesmer just to focus on my Warrior.
    And Rytlock's epicness in Destiny's Edge (Or Edge of Destiny, forgot the name of the book ;p) also gave me a huge incentive to play them.
    Last edited by Grenzstein; 2012-09-07 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    I always thought that they referred to the destroyers, which Pyre and the player killed, then he gave his impassioned "RAWR CHARR HAVE NO GODS TELL EVERYONE" speech. Never actually finished Prophecies (yet -.-) so I don't know about the Titans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I always thought that they referred to the destroyers, which Pyre and the player killed, then he gave his impassioned "RAWR CHARR HAVE NO GODS TELL EVERYONE" speech. Never actually finished Prophecies (yet -.-) so I don't know about the Titans.
    BASICALLY, and I'm gonna put this in spoilers so I don't ruin your day
    Vizier Khilbron turns out to be the Lich. What a dick, right? Even worse than that, he tricks you to fight the Mursaat, who are actually the good guys, who were defending the Door of Komalie, which was sealed by Mursaat magic. You break the seal to let Khilbron in, and then you learn that he's the Lich and you have to go in and kill him. On your way there, you encounter the Titans, including 3 Armageddon Lords which also turn up in the Gate of Madness mission in Nightfall. After killing the titans and shutting down some portals, you confront and kill the Lich. Oh and you fight zombie Rurik.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Vizier Khilbron turns out to be the Lich.
    God, I saw that one coming miles off. I mean, I skipped most of the Prophecies quests, but I did one or two. That dude gives off MAJOR evil vibes. His demeanor, his magic, everything about him screams "THIS DUDE IS FUCKING EVIL!"

He's not exactly subtle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    God, I saw that one coming miles off. I mean, I skipped most of the Prophecies quests, but I did one or two. That dude gives off MAJOR evil vibes. His demeanor, his magic, everything about him screams "THIS DUDE IS FUCKING EVIL!"

He's not exactly subtle.
    I'd expect no less. After all, he is the person who caused the cataclysm that sunk Orr in the first place. Who let this man hold a staff?