Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Mist of Pandaria COUNTDOWN thread

GAME IS OFFICIALLY RELEASED IN EU. ENJOY .
    7 HOURS UNTIL MoP is OUT IN US.

I'm making this thread to spend these next few days talking to people that are just as excited as me for the new expansion.

Here are a few questions so people can discuss while we all wait anxiously for the new expansion:

• What do you think of the scenarios so far?
    • Will you be waiting in line at midnight? or waiting at home ?
    • What race will your Monk be? If you make one.
    • Do you have a group set up for the new challenge modes?

I'll be changing up the questions every day up until release date to keep this thread fresh.

ENJOY.

**If there is already a thread that is doing the same thing I am sorry and you are free to delete. I searched for one and did not find any.
    Last edited by Chat; 2012-09-24 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    zaxbies
    yes
    yes
    and hirosaki

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    • Whatever I have for dinner that night plus some yoghurt and a hot chocolate probably.
    • The game launches at 5pm my time. I've already got the digital version because I hate crowds and Blizzard can't be fucked holding any kind of event in my country.
    • I'd rather not wind up like one of those kids that die in Korean internet cafes.
    • I have no interest in making a panda and I give my characters names that are appropriate to their race. So my monk will have a nice human sounding name when I get around to making one (which won't be for a while).
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2012-09-07 at 10:42 PM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With 18 days till Pandas my GM gave to me... 18 monks a' rolling.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    With 18 days till Pandas my GM gave to me... 18 monks a' rolling.
    HA!!!!! if people keep this going this will be an interesting thread.

OMG only 18 days. 2 and a half weeks to go. SQUEEEEE im so excited!

What are you gonna be feasting on while waiting for the midnight launch?

Sadly I will not partake in the midnight launch. I will be picking up my copy Tuesday afternoon. I always like having a box of the expansion to go with my others.

Will you be heading to the midnight release or waiting for it online?

I will be waiting for it online. I may not be playing MoP when it releases but I will be online partying with friends in game.

Will you be staying up all night?

No. In my younger days I mightve been able to but Im getting older and find its too taxing. the sad thing is im not even that old.

Have you saved a Monk/Panda name? If so what is it?

Had it saved since February My Pandaren Monk will be Sillsfu.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Staying with the Asian theme: Cup noodles.
    • Online, sitting in Trade District like with the Cataclysm launch.
    • Hell yeah.
    • Yes, namely Onosou.
    Be kind to those less fortunate.
    Favor the road traveled by few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    • Whatever I have for dinner that night plus some yoghurt and a hot chocolate probably.
    • The game launches at 5pm my time. I've already got the digital version because I hate crowds and Blizzard can't be fucked holding any kind of event in my country.
    • I'd rather not wind up like one of those kids that die in Korean internet cafes.
    • I have no interest in making a panda and I give my characters names that are appropriate to their race. So my monk will have a nice human sounding name when I get around to making one (which won't be for a while).
    This is me exactly. Since I've started eating better recently I no longer eat much of anything past dinnertime. It's really helpful for weight loss. If I'm going to have anything at midnight it'd be something like an apple or carrots. Frozen blueberries (plain or in yogurt) are good if you like sweet stuff but want to avoid candy.

I'm a homebody and also hate crowds, though somehow I don't forsee there being one for this expansion...nonetheless I'm going to just buy a digital copy. I think I'm gonna cave and buy my first ever CE, for the mount.

Now that I'm older (30 - GASP!) I can no longer stay up all night. Like it destroys me. And since I try to exercise every morning at 8:00, going to bed past 1:00 am is a stupid idea. So I guess I'll be up one hour past launch.

I also have no interest in making a panda. I'd been planning to make a female pandaren mage, but since all pandaren are only getting one face (albeit with lots of different patterns, but still only one face that never stops smiling) I've already given that placeholder name to my brand new goblin mage. Her name is based on an Egyptian goddess of writing, so she will be a scribe. I may eventually roll a monk, but not in a hurry to, and no idea which race. I wish goblins could be monks - they'd be perfect for it!
    When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

- Nothing special
    - Online, working till 9pmish so by the time i'll get home it will only be a mere 2 hours away or something max.
    - Nope, work the next day again. Will prolly play till 4-5am or something.
    - Ill stay clear of the monk class the first few weeks so no, doesnt really appeal to me at all. Having a rough time as is to decide which class to play first. I tend to make one char my prio, getting that to maxlvl and then leaving that char and doing others. Trying to avoid that this go-around!

Deleted
    Was thinking Tacos

First year I'm not going for a midnight release, will be waiting at home having a nice dinner and sleeping till just a few hours before midnight.

Definitely.

Of course check signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you counting it from the EU or something? On http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ it says 17 days, 05 hours, 54 minutes and some-on amount of seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Are you counting it from the EU or something? On http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ it says 17 days, 05 hours, 54 minutes and some-on amount of seconds.
    16 days 20 hours for EU

10+ Year Old Account

Feasting? More like sleeping until 3am (when it comes out for me)

Waiting it for online and of course spamming until I get in because we must force in and not wait patiently right?

Sleeping until 2:50am, start the computer and possibly washroom before hand. Did I also mention I'm calling in sick for work lol

Liukang but after when I hit 90 on my hunter.

Very excited. Can't wait to play!

I am so excited! ♥

•What are you gonna be feasting on while waiting for the midnight launch?
    I will be making a beef stew in the slow cooker with plenty of veggies so we will have something healthy to eat if we get hungry.

•Will you be heading to the midnight release or waiting for it online?
    I will be waiting online since I have a three year old who will be asleep.

•Will you be staying up all night?
    Definitely! Although I am not sure what I will be doing, probably a mix of leveling and getting pets.

•Have you saved a Monk/Panda name? If so what is it?
    I have not actually. I dont plan on keeping a panda, I will probably just do what I did with the goblins/worgens and play through the starting areas a few times then delete said toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    No midnight feasting for me as i have to go into town to my local HMV to get my Xpac on launch day.

Got my panda monk name reserved though, Sooshi will be making her debut very soon

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on the EU realms, so the game launches at 3 pm my time on the 24th. I will be working that day so I won't be in right away. Not that I would want to though after the mess of Cataclysm launch was.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Breakfast pizza. Nom nom.
    As much as I want too, I'll be online waiting for those pandur gates to open. I want to see a swarm of people in Stormwind.
    Most definitely, lol.
    Nope, haven't. I won't be playing a Monk till I get my 85's to 90 and ready for raid content.
    I'll play a monk just probably not after a few days of MoP.

Popcorn

Staying at home playing other video games until it's time.

I wish I could

Pandaren Monk named ChunkyMonky

I will be eating a bag of ruffles with chunky salsa and drinking pepsi, i will be waiting for it online and definitely staying up all night. My pandas name is Kenpachisan.