Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The way you described still works just fine. Its just confusing for me having that info scattered.

With your guidance. What would prevent me from just treating anything GetNumGroupMembers() > 0 as group,party,raid,bg whatever?

Nothing should prevent you from doing that, but thinking of the possibilities, you might mistake a 4 person raid for a party. IsInRaid() would probly take care of that tho.
    Moo.

I understand that. What I'm trying to say is, what difference would it make if I just treated a group as a group in general. Instead of distinguishes a raid from a raid and a party as a party.

Oh, well, on a whole, there's nothing different I believe between a group and raid other than size, so just scanning everyone regardless of raid or not should be fine.

I'm not sure if Hermes announces stuff, but if it does, a party/raid/bg check would be needed.
    Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineblitz View Post
    What I'm trying to say is, what difference would it make if I just treated a group as a group in general. Instead of distinguishes a raid from a raid and a party as a party.
    In some cases it probably doesn't matter. But it won't always be the case. The Blizzard API has "Unit" functions and "Raid" functions. You may need to call a function from the appropriate bucket. For example, the function UnitInParty(unit) is synonymous with UnitInRaid(unit). UnitInRaid will fail in a party, while UnitInParty may or may not fail while in a raid.

Even if what you're asking to do happens to work, I would discourage it. Assumptions are always dangerous in software
    Last edited by Paperplate; 2012-09-07 at 09:27 PM.
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx

Okay, given the situation. I'm forgoing with the initial clean up. The addon will run the same across a regular party or raid. But there will also be a bg and/or raid flag for certain environments. Hermes does announce stuff also, so we'll need that.

Deleted
    Expect a working version fairly soon, its currently talking to other people with hermes and just working on getting it to talk to people without the addon

Thank you guys so much, a worthwhile cause indeed.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    omg.. just found the fault in my 'fixed' version of hermes.. didn't notice the new 'GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE' :x .. it now runs completely fine with all new abilities ;D

would you be so nice as to upload it so we can download it?

Deleted
    i'll send you a pm as soon as i'm back at home
    Last edited by mmoc92307a35f7; 2012-09-12 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/raven

I use raven for all my buffs & debuffs.

However, what I do customise is a unique buff frame using their cooldown mechanics. What you could do is install Raven on top of your already existing buff/debuff addon and just generate a cooldown Bar/Icon set up (: I'll see if I have a screenshot of what I mean.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/03720328.jpg

If you look in the middle of the screen there's buttons up and they actively show the C/D's I have used, it also shows Item proc C/D's but that's mainly because I was lazy and never finished configuring it (: It's beautifully effective. No end of options and is compatible with Masque and other OmniCC

Hope that helps! ^^

You can also Blacklist (remove skills from CD list) certain skills or Whitelist (only show certain skills from CD list) them

Deleted
    Download link please.

Deleted
    Would love to get a working version of this awesome addon.

Thanks for the work !

Quote Originally Posted by Remota View Post
    i'll send you a pm as soon as i'm back at home
    Can you send me a pm with the link also. This was the one addon that I considered essential.

Why not just post a fan update version on wowinterface or curse? The author gave you the permission after all and people have been looking for an updated cd mod post 5.0.4

Deleted
    Can you send me a pm with the link too? Loved this addon always and would like to use it again

Deleted
    Would send me that update please, been looking desperately for an update, Remota

Deleted
    +1 on getting the link for that.

Enough people want to play with the working version now that surely not putting up a download link is becoming an issue.

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 07:45 PM ----------

Not quite what people are looking for, but I adore the UI, where is it from?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh