Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Comparing images of an unfinished game seven years ago to those of a completely polished game released this year is pretty unfair. Of course the graphics of the latter/completed game are better. Just the same as the graphics in SC2 are far superior to SC1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    This, it's so many years apart that it's pointless to compare them at this stage, especially as one was under development and one is finished product as well.

I wonder what the point of the OP and the other posters is. These two can't be compared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I wonder what the point of the OP and the other posters is. These two can't be compared.
    Sometimes people say pointless things.

The on line engine of D3 is superior to anything other on the market.

High end Blizzard quality: fast, responsive, controlled and perfect interaction between you the player and THE avatar.

It runs circles around such games like D2, Dota, dota2, lol, TL, tl2, Poe etc...

The pvp patch will show D3 is up to the same responsiveness & quality as their other recent releases, SC2 and of course WoW.

Rest is history.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are lots of problems with D3 but the artwork certainly isn't one of them. They did a beautiful job making the game from an artistic stand point. I still notice things when I stop and look around, and I've been playing for over 400 hours.

To be completely honest with you, and I'm really glad I can say this right now, but playing Diablo 3 for hours farming feels like it did in Diablo 2.

Really interesting, thanks for the link.

Everyone saying it looks better now, well, that's kind of a given. It's much newer, and technology marches onward at a ridiculous pace.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh those screenshots don't make it seem very good and from the looks of some of those pictures they were planning the same lame story. So I don't see what was lost here.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2012-09-09 at 11:43 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    I could reel off a massive list of things I don't like about d3, but visual style wouldn't be one.

Those look pretty bland and boring. Although I might have felt differently in 05.

To be quite honest.. I'd rather have played the other game in 2005 than this one in 2012. Yes, this one looks better now. The other one would've looked far better then than this does now.

Things are like they are; Regretting the past is pointless if there is nothing to learn.
    Making the hue darker (same textures and colourscheme, just darker filters) and actually add the monsters and you're set.

Yeah I remember those. Can't believe some people actually wanted that instead of D3 lol.

What is interesting is that the concept of visiting the High Heavens seems to have been in the design from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Charith View Post
    The angle of the camera seems far too shallow; it just doesn't look right.
    Yeah it looks like adventure game.

Diablo Quest!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The on line engine of D3 is superior to anything other on the market.

High end Blizzard quality: fast, responsive, controlled and perfect interaction between you the player and THE avatar.

It runs circles around such games like D2, Dota, dota2, lol, TL, tl2, Poe etc...

The pvp patch will show D3 is up to the same responsiveness & quality as their other recent releases, SC2 and of course WoW.

Rest is history.
    That feel works very well in certain games, like the ones you mentioned, but in others it sucks ass.

It's much more subjective than you make it out to be.

I wonder what story they came up with back then. It sure can't be any worse than that of D3. That was predictable till the end.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Wow, that looks truly awful.
    Straight out of the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    I wonder what story they came up with back then. It sure can't be any worse than that of D3. That was predictable till the end.
    Oh the story back then was unmatched in it's epicness. Every single cinematic was gripping, particularly the meeting of the three. And Marius'... conclusion, was epic. It was a fucking epic story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    To be completely honest with you, and I'm really glad I can say this right now, but playing Diablo 3 for hours farming feels like it did in Diablo 2.
    Interesting. I feel just the opposite. But D3 definitely looks spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Interesting. I feel just the opposite. But D3 definitely looks spectacular.
    Yeah I'm staying up way too late nowadays.

Looks cool.

Deleted
    Oh my god what is that bullshit that i just saw in the links ?

Thank god we got an awesome looking game in exchange.

Honestly the only reason they had a reason to keep that old version was nostalgia. I doubt very many people would purchase a game in 2012 that looked like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    Honestly the only reason they had a reason to keep that old version was nostalgia. I doubt very many people would purchase a game in 2012 that looked like that.
    It was never intended to be released in 2012, so... no shit?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.