Thread: NCAA football

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Arkansas doesn't get a gameday next week when we play Alabama we will never get one. We should have gotten 1 last year when we played South Carolina when both teams was ranked in the top 10 but it didn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    If Arkansas doesn't get a gameday next week when we play Alabama we will never get one. We should have gotten 1 last year when we played South Carolina when both teams was ranked in the top 10 but it didn't happen.
    What do you mean by "gameday"?

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    That's because there was a better match up on that date. It was #1 LSU versus #2 Alabama. Do you really think gameday is going to go somewhere else over that match up?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...011/lsu-tigers

You might get one this year though, it's between Arky(8) vs. Bama(1) or MSU(11) vs. Notre Dame(22).
    Last edited by muto; 2012-09-07 at 02:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nebraska - UCLA will be interesting, and to be honest, I think UCLA will be tougher then most all of the B1G teams except Michigan, Ohio State, and possibly Northwestern, and Michigan State. Nebraska just hasn't been great at stopping the run, and more specifically running QBs since Ndamukong Suh was there
    the fact that you think Michigan is better then Michigan State is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    That's because there was a better match up on that date. It was #1 LSU versus #2 Alabama. Do you really think gameday is going to go somewhere else over that match up?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...011/lsu-tigers

You might get one this year though, it's between Arky(8) vs. Bama(1) or MSU(11) vs. Notre Dame(22).
    Yeah I couldn't remember if that game was played the same week. If anybody else loses that is 2-7 I don't see how Arkansas doesn't get a espn Gameday.Looking at the schedule I don't think anybody 1-10 will lose this saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the fact that you think Michigan is better then Michigan State is hilarious.
    I didn't say they were, I'm going by the fact that Nebraska has trouble with running QBs. Nebraska beat Michigan State 24-3 last year, and got hammered by Michigan, and Michigan State beat Michigan, so how come they didn't beat Nebraska? Because teams match up differently. Just because X beats Y doesn't mean X can beat Z even though Y beat Z. Nebraska would have lost to Ohio State last year if Braxton Miller didn't get injured and that one dimensional passing QB never entered the game.

Look at the games Nebraska lost last year, they all had two dimensional QBs

Wisconsin (Russel Wilson)
    Michigan (Denard Robinson)
    Northwestern (Kain Colter)
    South Carolina (Connor Shaw)
    Last edited by muto; 2012-09-07 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Auburn is playing hilariously bad. Like, literally, I'm laughing at them. Quite a long fall from two years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tulane Safety Devon Walker injured 2 seconds before halftime.
    apparently the medical team had to cut off his pads and uniform before carting him off the field in the ambulance after a helmet to helmet hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just sad. I think it's time to denounce Florida's SEC status. A&M is literally running over them. Hurt players, multiple sacks on Driskel, nothing going right.

10+ Year Old Account
    SEC east is just bad this year and I think Georgia is overrated. Really the only really good teams in the SEC is LSU,Bama, and Arkansas and that's just about it I also think A&M is underrated same with Vandy.

Tulane Safety Devon Walker injured 2 seconds before halftime.
    apparently the medical team had to cut off his pads and uniform before carting him off the field in the ambulance after a helmet to helmet hit.
    Just going add a bit to this.
    He stopped breathing on the field, the EMTs were able to revive him though. ESPN's reporting he has a collapsed lung and a broken neck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Michigan needs some help to hold off Air Force.
    MSU is Destroying CMU.
    Wisconsin is in trouble...

Michigan needs some help to hold off Air Force.
    MSU is Destroying CMU.
    Wisconsin is in trouble...
    Domers are not playing outstanding ball in south bend vs the spoilermakers. dont expect Purdue to win, but theyve at least made a game of it.

The badgers are proving to be horrendously overrated, id be nervous about how they handle their division.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    so...MSU Looked good.
    UM...how could there fans think they were going to win the CCG? they look terrible.
    UW...umm...could someone tell me whats happened to them since January?

15+ Year Old Account
    so...MSU Looked good.
    UM...how could there fans think they were going to win the CCG? they look terrible.
    UW...umm...could someone tell me whats happened to them since January?
    MSU played a nobody. Michigan played a spread offense with no prep time but did indeed look meh. Wisconsin, who the fuck knows. Losing Wilson to the NFL couldn't have hurt them this bad. How do they have zero points in the fourth against Oregon St with Monty Ball on their team? More importantly, how the hell did Michigan drop behind them in the polls this week when Wisconsin nearly lost to Northern Iowa (or Illinois I forget). They do not look like the same team at all.

Hope the kid from Tulane is okay. Scary situation when someone stops breathing on the field like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    MSU played a nobody. Michigan played a spread offense with no prep time but did indeed look meh. Wisconsin, who the fuck knows. Losing Wilson to the NFL couldn't have hurt them this bad. How do they have zero points in the fourth against Oregon St with Monty Ball on their team? More importantly, how the hell did Michigan drop behind them in the polls this week when Wisconsin nearly lost to Northern Iowa (or Illinois I forget). They do not look like the same team at all.

Hope the kid from Tulane is okay. Scary situation when someone stops breathing on the field like that.
    regardless of MSU playing a nobody, the offense looked good, Bell got a breather, Maxwell and the WR didnt look to bad (LIPPETT HELD ONTO THE GD BALL), and the Defense...well...performed like we would expect?
    through 2 games MSU's defense has given up 6 points.
    6 measly points...

10+ Year Old Account
    How do they have zero points in the fourth against Oregon St with Monty Ball on their team?
    Oregon State's gameplan was containment, and they executed it. They held Ball to 61 yards. White managed 11 on three carries. They went 2-for-14 on 3rd down. Ouch.

More importantly, how the hell did Michigan drop behind them in the polls this week when Wisconsin nearly lost to Northern Iowa (or Illinois I forget).
    We talked about the worthless subjectivity of the polls a few pages back, so I don't find it surprising, nor do I find it unfair.

I think the more important question is: why was Michigan ranked in the top ten to begin with? Unrealistic expectations? Denard alone? Don't get me wrong, 60% of my wardrobe is maize and blue. It's just that anyone who's followed this team for more than three seasons has to recognize that, despite the fact that Denard Robinson is a great kid with an infectious smile, he's not the be-all end-all. When his head's in the game, he's explosive on the ground and a reasonably accurate passer. When he's under pressure all that flies out the window. We obviously lack the depth of years past on both sides of the ball (and there's good reason that this page is no longer proudly advertised on the main athletics site like it used to be). It'll take two more recruiting classes, minimum, to finish repairing damage from the Carr-Rodriguez-Hoke transition.

Is anyone else watching the ULM game? It's going in OT right. This game is fucking insane

Edit: HOLY SHIT! ULM just pulled off a MASSIVE upset. Just wow.
    Last edited by Killer52431; 2012-09-09 at 03:09 AM.

Nebraska sucked. Offensive line couldn't block worth a shit, and the defense forgot how to tackle. I swear I've seen better tackling on black friday.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-09-09 at 04:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    man...i hate to say it...but maybe teh big 10 really is that terrible this year.
    outside of OSU (potentially, they have played cupcake 1 and 2) and Michigan State...everyone else is just...wow.