Deleted

Question The First - (Re: Shadowfiend/Mindbender)

Hey chaps,

Just a quick one:

Does haste increase the number of attacks that my fiend or bender will get off?

Thanks!

The answer is yes it does.

Deleted
    Oh darn, I was quite hoping the opposite. Have people mapped out the points at which you get more attacks? Or is it seen as negligible?

This must have been a change with 5.0.4 then since in 4.3 it didn't. Was susceptible to Heroism in which it gained 2 extra attacks. If this has indeed changed then that's a nice addition.

It gains all your haste now which includes set bonuses, trinkets, borrowed time/power infusion, or anything and doesn't need to be cast before lust to benefit from it, at 90 both as disc or holy mastery per point is still more mana positive than haste no matter how much you get so unless your concern is damage as shadow and you want to review breakpoints for that as well as your three dots(VT will be more haste needed than fiend anyways) then don't worry about it.

edit: obviously spirit is better than either stat
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2012-09-08 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskaejay View Post
    As others have said, Mindbender/Shadowfiend is affected by haste, although I don't have the breakpoints (nor could I find any, for Mindbender

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious
    It gains all your haste now which includes set bonuses, trinkets, borrowed time/power infusion
    The last time I tested it (last week), Power Infusion does not affect Mindbender or Shadowfiend. Read the tooltip again: "increasing spell casting speed by 20%" - PI does not increase our haste anymore, so does not even affect our DoT's anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMonkfish View Post
    As others have said, Mindbender/Shadowfiend is affected by haste, although I don't have the breakpoints (nor could I find any, for Mindbender

The last time I tested it (last week), Power Infusion does not affect Mindbender or Shadowfiend. Read the tooltip again: "increasing spell casting speed by 20%" - PI does not increase our haste anymore, so does not even affect our DoT's anymore.
    Actually, PI does indeed affect dots. Despite the poor wording in the tooltip, it most certainly grants extra dot ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The answer is yes it does.
    Oh darn, I was quite hoping the opposite.
    You were hoping that haste DECREASED the number of attacks the fiend/bender makes over its allotted time? Bizarre...

I will burn your soul.

Yeah you're right PI doesn't make it attack more but it does still give additional dot ticks and channel ticks, except on penance it just channels faster.

You're a fan of Jesse Cox aren't you?

Deleted
    RE: Supernex:
    ~Nah I was hoping that Mindbender provided a static mana return, whereas my return with PW:Solace increased with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMonkfish View Post
    I REALLY REALLY wish Blizzard would abandon the "Increasing casting speed" wording. It's awful and always leads to misunderstandings (like people insisting that the goblin racial only increased their cast speed and not anything else). But yes, like someone else said PI does affect our haste and DoTs as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    . But yes, like someone else said PI does affect our haste and DoTs as well.
    My misunderstanding then! I only said that because I tested Mindbender with and without Power Infusion last week and the damage it did was completely unaffected by the haste/casting speed buff, when I assumed that increased haste = more melee hits, therefore increased damage.

I wonder how much of a mana increase mindbender is when used on cd assuming we had the mana deficit every time. I have heard from some priests that the mana return from it was negligible. Exactly how much mana does each mindbender give per attack? And how many attacks are there on average (1000 haste)?

On my two 85 priests (one being mainspec disc/atonement and the other being mainspec holy), mindbender seems to be mostly mana neutral if you spam heals while it's up. I maybe gain around 5k if I'm still healing while it's up. However, that basically means 15 seconds out of every 60 I'm gaining mana while healing instead of losing mana. Soo...there's a big benefit imo.