Thread: [MoP] Symbiosis

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    no your looknig at it the wrong way, symbiosos is an ability for all that that the abilitys it gives are weaked versions of the original.

if it was meant to give druids soemthing great thnethose mirror images would have done dps in stead on 100 dmg\hit, if it was meant to give druid something great then it would have given bears a full 20% dmg reduction faint rather then the weak 10% it now gives
    I'm pretty sure I'm not looking at this the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Symbiosis gives druids a guarenteed spot in all future raids thank to this
    Symbiosis only guarantees 50% of the raid spots, the other half has to be targets - we demand more!
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Symbiosis limits maximum raid spots taken by druids to 50%

15+ Year Old Account
    actuly far lower as you dont want to give your ret pally, wrath
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    no your looknig at it the wrong way, symbiosos is an ability for all that that the abilitys it gives are weaked versions of the original.

if it was meant to give druids soemthing great thnethose mirror images would have done dps in stead on 100 dmg\hit, if it was meant to give druid something great then it would have given bears a full 20% dmg reduction faint rather then the weak 10% it now gives
    FYI, Feint is 50% damage reduction.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    FYI, Feint is 50% damage reduction.
    most spells gained tru symbioses are weaker then thier original ones
    normal faint might be 50% reduction, but the version you get as a bear is only 10%
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/122289-feint

this makes it weaker then bone shield imo makes it weaker then bone shield as that works agianst all attacks
    but aftertaking a closer look, faint also seems to work in catform, i have no idea how big the cooldown is tho
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

You implied that the rogue ability Feint was 20% damage reduction, which is what I was referring to.

And it's not just "weaker than bone shield" it's borderline useless. You're never going to spend 20 rage on 10% less damage from AoE attacks when you could spend that 20 rage on 2 seconds of 40% dodge or a sizable heal.

15+ Year Old Account
    You implied that the rogue ability Feint was 20% damage reduction, which is what I was referring to.

And it's not just "weaker than bone shield" it's borderline useless. You're never going to spend 20 rage on 10% less damage from AoE attacks when you could spend that 20 rage on 2 seconds of 40% dodge or a sizable heal.
    Hmm yeh good point i agree,
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Yeah feint for bears is pointless waste of rage...unless theres a fight thats just pure aoe dmg lol

Deleted
    Sick ... Mage + Druid for pvp HT and IB wutwut

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Yeah feint for bears is pointless waste of rage...unless theres a fight thats just pure aoe dmg lol
    And even if there was I'm sure you could find a better use for your Symbiosis than getting Feint. Like maybe give it to a shadow priest for Tranquility or something.

Edit: I guess it could be useful on "one big AoE hit" sort of encounters (Algalon/Ultraxion) where the goal is to stack as many CDs as possible. But even then you'd only use it if you NEEDED it to live through the hit, otherwise you would just spend the rage on FR immediately following to give you more cushion.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-07-31 at 11:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think in those cases you still use BoneShield
    but if the tooltip is correct it also works in cat? well then i gues it could be usefull for fights where you spend time in cat, to reduce the damage taken as cat
    (i dont know if you still want to go cat anyway as you lose SR and Shred in bear spec)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    And even if there was I'm sure you could find a better use for your Symbiosis than getting Feint. Like maybe give it to a shadow priest for Tranquility or something.

Edit: I guess it could be useful on "one big AoE hit" sort of encounters (Algalon/Ultraxion) where the goal is to stack as many CDs as possible. But even then you'd only use it if you NEEDED it to live through the hit, otherwise you would just spend the rage on FR immediately following to give you more cushion.
    I saw a video recently showing shadow priest's tranquility and it was a much more toned down version of ours, I believe it was hitting 9k, not sure about the after hots though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian wulf View Post
    I saw a video recently showing shadow priest's tranquility and it was a much more toned down version of ours, I believe it was hitting 9k, not sure about the after hots though
    yeah its pretty weak, my feral tranq popped with HotW almost healed the same as our resto druids tranq, was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Symbiosis only guarantees 50% of the raid spots, the other half has to be targets - we demand more!
    Sorry, the rest of the raid will be filled with warriors and shamans for their OP mini heroisms (banner and stormlash), which magically don't count as raid buffs and don't cause exhaustion, making those classes almost infinitely stackable. I'm so glad ele shamans bring 4 more raid buffs than shadow priests, while bringing the same healing utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Sorry if this has been asked already but what do druids get from other druids with this spell?

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already but what do druids get from other druids with this spell?
    Doesn't work on druids. I mean, what spell would you get for your role that you do not already have? Only spec specific ones and that's boring :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Druids get Symbiosis from other Druids.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Druids DONT get Symbiosis from other Druids.
    --fixed, we cant cast it on other druids
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Arena is about to be destroyed. I play a Resto Druid and i hope this gets removed... or atleast blocked from Arena.