Guild wars 2 thinks I am from alabama?

I had the email authentication thing when I logged in, and I freaked out because it said I was from alabama. I am not from alabama, I am from Minnesota lol. It was definetly me trying to log in. Then I noticed that google thinks I am from Alabama now to? O.o

Does anyone know what this is all about?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possibly your ISP. I know if I log in from the local Starbucks, it tells me I'm somewhere in Texas but I'm in the middle of central Florida.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry.
    At home I live in Aus.
    5 minutes from my house I apparently live in Japan.
    A friends house which is 30mins away I apparently live in Florida.
    The local gaming place, I apparently live in Great Britain.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    It's possibly your ISP. I know if I log in from the local Starbucks, it tells me I'm somewhere in Texas but I'm in the middle of central Florida.
    Some ISPs have this issue. In the UK, with Sky internet, nobody is located where they are according to Sky. I thinks I'm in Boston, about 400 miles from my actual location.

You've now learned you've lived in Alabama all along and you only thought it was Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post

I wonder why this would just suddenly change like this. It used to detect my city all the time, i got a new modem and router recently, and now it says I am from alabama lol.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by imbraindedd View Post
    You've now learned you've lived in Alabama all along and you only thought it was Minnesota.

I don't think alabama ever gets as cold as it is right now ;P

Quote Originally Posted by imbraindedd View Post
    Having been to both I am not sure how you tell the people apart.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Having been to both I am not sure how you tell the people apart.
    Those sir, are fighting words.