Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I will go ahead and say those kind of trailers ain't targeting the kind of people that visits these forums.

Gave me chills.

Our time is now
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    if i saw that i wouldnt play GW2, very unintresting compared too other stuff the released.

its was really boring especially if compared what other MMO's brought out as comercials (most recent wow with MoP, which was a lot better then this)

Looked more like a poorly executed surreal art project than a trailer designed to make you want to play a game.

But I guess this is what advertisement is these days. It's not about actually advertising the game, it's just about making people remember having seen the advertisement.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    SWTOR just did this....
    Found it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46Jim2bChk
    Almost a month later GW2 releases this. Still funny how they think they are revolutionary, well I guess the downed state is new....but I wouldn't call it revolutionary thats for sure lol.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

The chick spraying graffiti on a wall at the start reminded me of the: "Self-Aware Colony" secret project from Alpha Centauri, if any of you played it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqN3Ur-wP0

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Looked more like a poorly executed surreal art project than a trailer designed to make you want to play a game.

But I guess this is what advertisement is these days. It's not about actually advertising the game, it's just about making people remember having seen the advertisement.
    Of course it is.

This trailer seems to me like the stuff the publishers do, targeting other groups of people that likes these kind of trailers, the none gamers if you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    That trailer must be for the EU market or something. Stateside most folks watching will think its some sort of tennis shoe commercial until the last few seconds.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Didn't like it really. It didn't feel like a advertisement. More like someone trying to be super artsy. (also that "we are the saviours of the genre, let us unite against the other evil ones!"-attitude they have, doesn't really make me like ANet mor)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    I think the first part is to show how stale everything have become, the MMO genre that is. Everything is a clone on another, with the same system in everything, but just different art styles.

ArenaNet is making a change, and people are breaking free from the stale state they have been in for a very long time, that's why they do all that stuff in the video, spraying, walking on coal and yeah, swimming in your living room...

I think it's pretty unique done though, it doesn't need to be massive over-blast-hype all the time, this is classy, imo.
    Disagree that's what it was about. Had a very "Let's all go on adventures and be heroes" message to it. Kinda reminded me of how they supported Ameranth, in her message to get out and have adventures for real, instead of living our boring, stale lives, living the same routine every day.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Its unusual Ill say that. As a ad man myself I can appreciate what they have done with it but they could of done a much better job. The first 2/3rds of it leaves you not sure what your watching. I think the transition from real life actors to game was done well though and I can see them trying to do something different here.

All in all this is the first time ive seen em miss from a design stand point. That money could of been better spent.

To all that are having a issue with the hot gamer chick thing.. what are they really going to use? come on now this is advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    That trailer must be for the EU market or something. Stateside most folks watching will think its some sort of tennis shoe commercial until the last few seconds.
    Why would it be for the EU market over the US?

I honestly checked if I'm in the right subforum after watching the first minute of this video. x_x
    With that spraying girl, I guessed it was for TSW or something..
    And I'm from germany, so I guess it's not less confusing for EU folks than it is for US.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-09-10 at 06:14 PM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking it looked like an advert for TSW more myself. Honestly as a European this makes no more sense to me than to an american.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    To all that are having a issue with the hot gamer chick thing..
    Worth noting: hot gamer chicks are actually very common these days. *eyes his own girlfriend*
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    All in all this is the first time ive seen em miss from a design stand point. That money could of been better spent.
    I concur. It would have been better to show each character transitioning to in-game toons during their blurbs. Tattoo face being the finale is fine. They just should have done a transition for each actor.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the start made me think it was a trailer for a new movie and would have thought that if not for the CGI at the end showing the game world and the big dragon.

Deleted
    Not a big fan myself, I won't be showing it to any friends to convince them to play the game that's for sure. It was kinda cool but didn't really sell the game at all. Felt kind of like how car adverts on TV here are often nothing to do with cars, putting so much emphasis into seeming like they should be artsy and sell "style" and then at the end I'm always like... OH they wanted me to buy a porsche? Yeah.. I'm not doing that.

I would have preferred a gameplay trailer, or an actual lore trailer, even if people do feel it's already been done and is boring, it would actually sell the game to the people I want to convince.

To all that are having a issue with the hot gamer chick thing.. what are they really going to use? come on now this is advertising.
    Clearly it should have been a slightly overweight male, a bit on the pale side to indicate the lack of sun he gets, with a two day shadow, and a splash of acne. You know, to live up to that gamer stereotype. Because everyone knows that girls, let alone attractive girls, don't play games, herpderp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Yea but cgi trailers can still tell a story. This is just confusing and if i didnt know what GW2 was and saw this trailer i wouldnt give it a look.
    Agreed. The Races of Tyria trailer did a much better job of introducting players to the world.