Thread: Hydras as pets?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hydras as pets?

Okay so first off, if im right, and I usually am a hydra in wow is a 3 headed "water dragon" such as the one in ZF,

Ive seen a few people QQ they can't get a hydra as a pet,

and todays blue post showed this

"Can you please tell us why hunters can't tame hydras? Goats and porcupines seem silly in comparison. Just sayin.
    Mostly it's because we hate the model. If we update it, then taming would be on the table. Standard no promises."

Which reminded me, I took this screen shot last week,

Im pretty sure thats a hydra
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    I thought it was Dire Beast, but then I noticed the name.
    Only time Hydras was tamable was during this bug and based on the model I assume this Hunter got lucky or something.:

Untamable: Don't get too excited - this family cannot be tamed by hunters at this time.
    You may, however, see some Ghost Hydras running around in-game. Due to a bug, they could be tamed long ago as *crocolisks*. They became hydras in Patch 4.1.
    http://www.wow-petopia.com/family/hydra.html
    Last edited by mmoc23aaccaf4a; 2012-09-10 at 04:28 PM.

I can't see pic but there was a bug were you could get a ghost hydra for a while but it was removed soon after. If you are one of the lucky hunters to have tamed it you got to keep it.

It was possible to tame a hydra in sholazar at the same time, when you could tame a slime.
    If you have tamed it at that moment, you are still allowed to use it, but you can't tame the hydra anymore.

Edit: Kalium was a bit faster

There's been a singluar hydra that was tameable (along with an ooze)

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/hydr...hiteghost.html

It spawned from one of the Oracle dailies, and when tamed was a member of the crocolisk family.

I've seen many hunters with a ghost hydra

Deleted
    there was a bug in wrath where 1 hydra became tameable, just like the ooze pet, that's technically a crocolisk

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. As was said, due to a bug, you could at one time tame a crocolisk that looked like a hydra.

Wait a second... hydra... crocolisk...

hydralisk...

...should... should we be scared?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Due to a glitch in WoTLK, people were able to tame a hydra in Sholazar Basin, but at that time that "bugged" hydra was in the crocolisk family, blizzard fixed the glitch and allowed the hunters who had already tamed it to keep it, and they gave it a "Hydra" family and a special ability, here is the "Hydra" u r talking about

Pff, this thread reminded me to check if the hydras' talent trees are still a bit bugged. Sadly they seem to have been fixed, which was to be expected I guess.

Hydras, before 5.0.4, were the ultimate soloing pet. Originally, as it has been mentioned, they were tagged as crocolisks (= tenacity). After 4.1 though, they added the hydra pet family (= ferocity) and unless you went to a pet trainer to reset your talents, you got to keep your old talents + pick 11 new talents from the ferocity tree.

Basically you had a pet with 17 tenacity and 11 ferocity talents. -link-
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

I think I should add to this very constructive thread that there was a time you could tame a Hydra with a bug. Has it been said yet? oh...

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of regret asking that question on twitter, as the answer was the kind of BS we all come to expect. However it's better then no answer at all. Maybe someday we'll get them, just be patient.
    Last edited by Ickabob; 2012-09-11 at 12:03 AM.

I kind of wish they'd give my slime pet it's own thing like they did for the hydra. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Neidrah View Post
    I think I should add to this very constructive thread that there was a time you could tame a Hydra with a bug.
    /snicker

I have to agree with what Ghostcrawler said there. Hydras have horrible models and even worse animations. Can you imagine a Hydra running alongside a mounted hunter? It would look ridiculous.

Who remembers when you could tame your own worgen? I had one for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darcubus View Post
    /snicker

This be a thread winner here.

I actually LIKE Hydra animations and their models. Sure, they're outdated...but what in WoW ISN'T? I've wanted to tame a Hydra since Vanilla. I missed taming the Ghost Hydra by...sheesh, I think a day? When I finally got to the point where I could tame it, I did the quest once, no Hydra, then the patch/hotfix/whatever came in and fooked my chance. ><

The Worgen was the first 'bugged' pet I ever tamed. They patched it out a week later, but I used that thing all the time.

I helped my sister back in BC get the original Ghost Wolf. Her hunter, even though she no longer plays, still has it. It was entertaining after the spirit pet wolf came out, we'd be in random, and people would be weirded out that we had the 'spirit wolf' pet, but had the furious howl buff lol. Haxxors! :-)
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-09-11 at 03:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I have a green hydra from a bugged quest like 5 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Similar situation to the old ghost wolf bet that you had to tame with mind control, meta gem and blood lust. Was unintended, they fixed it, but you got to keep it if you had it. They added Karoma though so the ghost wolf isn't cool any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Similar situation to the old ghost wolf bet that you had to tame with mind control, meta gem and blood lust. Was unintended, they fixed it, but you got to keep it if you had it. They added Karoma though so the ghost wolf isn't cool any more.
    Except you don't have be boring ole' BM to use it. :P (shush BM hunters, SURV4LIFE)