10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 & the Wow Gaming Mouse

Hello, I use, as mentioned, the Wow Gaming mouse (Original, not the Cata) and I was curious if I can in someway use it with Guild Wars 2, As I use it in other games, including Tibia, Diablo 3, and a few minor others that allow for it, but I've noticed in some games, but most glaringly, Guild Wars 2, that I can't, even though I've fixed my custom macros to use the 1 2 3 scheme, is there anyway I can modify either to allow for it, or should I get accustom to not being able to?

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Deleted
    Well, what do you mean by "use"? Move the pointer around and use left clicking, right clicking, the mouse wheel? Of course you can. If by "use" you mean utilize macros to bind several actions in sequence, that's a bit different and might not work - and automating processes through the use of macros could potentially be considered cheating in GW2.

If you mean something else by "use", please clarify.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Well, what do you mean by "use"? Move the pointer around and use left clicking, right clicking, the mouse wheel? Of course you can. If by "use" you mean utilize macros to bind several actions in sequence, that's a bit different and might not work - and automating processes through the use of macros could potentially be considered cheating in GW2.

If you mean something else by "use", please clarify.
    Automating actions in WoW, beyond the use of their macro language, is considered cheating in WoW too although it looks like this mouse will let you do that...

Obviously the in-game WoW macros won't work but the important part is whether you can set up bindings that would work for GW2. You'd think this would work but there seem to have been issues with SWTOR and UAC so perhaps not? I'd try that though first - look it up in the product FAQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me for the lack of clerification, the wow mouse has a set of 13 (15 if you want to give up left and right clicks) buttons that you can bind functions to, in wow you do it directly, but it also comes with a program that allows you to customize it, such as if you want to put the F1-12 keys onto it, and so forth, I had tried putting 1-9 on it, but the game didn't seem to pick up on it

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Forgive me for the lack of clerification, the wow mouse has a set of 13 (15 if you want to give up left and right clicks) buttons that you can bind functions to, in wow you do it directly, but it also comes with a program that allows you to customize it, such as if you want to put the F1-12 keys onto it, and so forth, I had tried putting 1-9 on it, but the game didn't seem to pick up on it
    Well, I don't think you'll be able to bind it directly to functions like "open bags" or "open options menu", but if the WoW mouse is anything like the Razer Naga and Logitech G600, for example, in its software you'll be able to set each button to act as "single hotkey" (or equivalent; wording may vary), and the hotkey you choose for each button can then be set in-game to act as a trigger for that particular action (via the keybindings menu, of course).

As a tip from someone who's been using these types of mice for ~3 years to accomplish this, after you've set they key you want in your mouse software, go into GW2, open the options, go to keybindings, select the action you want a particular mouse button to do, and then press the mouse button it corresponds. Much easier than trying to remember which button was what, if you're like me and have hotkeys all over the place with modifiers and everything. :P

Deleted
    I had a similar problem when adapting my mouse to SWTOR. Turns out the fix is to configure your mouse to the hotkeys, as stated above, and then save the configueation to the mouse memory and uninstall the software. It's a bit of a pain, as if you ever want to reconfigure the buttons, you have to install, change and then uninstall.

I have it and the Razer Nostromo, and together they make a great combo.

What they said but No need to uninstall

Deleted
    I don't about the need to uninstall for GW2. uninstall was needed for SWTOR and I haven't needed to reinstall for quite a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i've tried a few of these things, but theres a theory i'm going to test in a bit here, as I noticed some of the buttons, namely that 'last two' on the right side of the mouse, which on default, are binded to do these actions on wow;

Target self, and Toggle Mattle Map

They have both triggered some action in the game, I can't tell you what as it said both times 'You can't do that right now'

Perhaps the game has let me use it's default macroes... I'll report back with that result, but in the mean time, any insight?

Deleted

They have both triggered some action in the game, I can't tell you what as it said both times 'You can't do that right now'
    Open Notepad. Press buttons. Result.

Deleted
    While Jinna has a point, not all key combinations provide text.

IIRC, the key combination for the Zone Map (I'm assuming this is the one you meant) in WoW is SHIFT+M. The same combination in GW2, by default, opens the map - this should always be available to you though, and not return an error message.

Target self is by default F1 in WoW, and the same key in GW2 is your profession-specific ability #1. This could return a "You can't do that right now" for some professions, like the thief using Steal when there's no target in range, or the elementalist trying to attune to fire when already attuned to it. Or the mesmer trying to shatter illusions when he doesn't have any.

Hello, I use, as mentioned, the Wow Gaming mouse (Original, not the Cata) and I was curious if I can in someway use it with Guild Wars 2, As I use it in other games, including Tibia, Diablo 3, and a few minor others that allow for it, but I've noticed in some games, but most glaringly, Guild Wars 2, that I can't, even though I've fixed my custom macros to use the 1 2 3 scheme, is there anyway I can modify either to allow for it, or should I get accustom to not being able to?
    I set the buttons to action bar functions. If you set a button to Action Button 1, it works the same for GW2 as it does in WoW.