10+ Year Old Account
    Read the follow-up post. As Kades says, this was explicitly in response to other posters telling the OP to "man up" and has nothing to do with gender (in)equality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Counselwolf View Post
    It's nice that people are tackling some of the toxicity of the community, but doing it in such terribly sexist terms really doesn't improve anything.
    People like him aren't supposed to respond like this to people and have to hold it in, just the fact that he let some steam off makes me like him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Read the follow-up post. As Kades says, this was explicitly in response to other posters telling the OP to "man up" and has nothing to do with gender (in)equality.
    Just read the follow-up. He makes it worse, not better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Excellent thanks! Should I just be running with a rune/mastery setup like Akali or just a typical AP mid build?
    I use Magic Pen reds, Flat armor yellows since you shouldn't oom (stealth is a chalice basically) and well you gank every lane so .., MR/lvl glyphs (end-game), Flat MR quints (helps loads early game since you still are relatively melee).

Masteries I'm using 9/21/0 for the extra health and sustain, CDR, Magic Pen etc. Your burst is more then enough to not spend 21 points in offensive really. I even have the +gold on kills + assists in defensive. Guess it makes up for the CS you lose while ganking.

I wish the queue dodge penalty was less time... hmm 15/ 30 min debuff or play with a team you just KNOW are going to drag out the game for 40 minutes of fustration :< There is no good choice there...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I wish the queue dodge penalty was less time... hmm 15/ 30 min debuff or play with a team you just KNOW are going to drag out the game for 40 minutes of fustration :< There is no good choice there...
    Get a smurf account and go play one game.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    better than losing elo imo. It was annoying to just see last pick lock something completely counter intuitive and know that you were going to lose. I'd rather wait awhile and go do something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so since yesterday after buying Lee Sin, I would have to say I'm already ready to use him in ranked. Honestly was probably already ready by my 2nd game but was just being safe. He has this powerful and feel safe doing ganks feel to him, I love it.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    He has a lot of nuance to do really well with him. There's a difference between being a good Lee Sin and a great Lee Sin. With some champions it isn't that obvious, but with others there's a huge difference. Lee Sin is one of the latter ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    He has a lot of nuance to do really well with him. There's a difference between being a good Lee Sin and a great Lee Sin. With some champions it isn't that obvious, but with others there's a huge difference. Lee Sin is one of the latter ones.
    So like Shaco?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Being part of multiple LoL communities is fun, because you can bring stuff over from one into the other. Like this recent conversation that just started, what to do with the melee ADCs; Yi, Trynd, and Fiora.

One guy said they need to be straight up buffed. I am honestly baffled that anyone could think any of those three needs a buff, because when left unchecked all three will tear apart teams faster than any Ranged ADC.

I think they are fine as is and just need the current meta to shift in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Being part of multiple LoL communities is fun, because you can bring stuff over from one into the other. Like this recent conversation that just started, what to do with the melee ADCs; Yi, Trynd, and Fiora.

One guy said they need to be straight up buffed. I am honestly baffled that anyone could think any of those three needs a buff, because when left unchecked all three will tear apart teams faster than any Ranged ADC.

I think they are fine as is and just need the current meta to shift in their favor.
    Im not sure how a meta shift would favour these champions. Late game a ranged AD protected by anything will shred them before they can get to where they need to be and AoE comps would totally destroy melee comps in seconds. Its for example why AD Yi isnt viable really, hows he gonna do any damage when the enemy front line consists of Leona+Morgana+Jax. He gonna eat 3 stuns without even being targetted and take a crap ton of damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    They need some sort of tenacity/immunity item to be viable. Seriously. This has nothing to do with the meta. What is the most important skill for an AD carry? Positioning in TF. How is a melee AD carry positioned in a TF? Either balls deep or he is not in TF actually. Either way is a wrong one, there needs to be an item to give them some CC immunity or whatever.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    They need some sort of tenacity/immunity item to be viable. Seriously. This has nothing to do with the meta. What is the most important skill for an AD carry? Positioning in TF. How is a melee AD carry positioned in a TF? Either balls deep or he is not in TF actually. Either way is a wrong one, there needs to be an item to give them some CC immunity or whatever.
    Thats called qss

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Thats called qss
    Cleanse is probably a lot stronger, QSS isnt great as a melee. You simply walk into too much CC for one clearance to be of use, as I mentioned above, a rather typical comp will probably put out 3 aoe stuns, you can follow that up with exhaust too.

Quote Originally Posted by Counselwolf View Post
    Just read the follow-up. He makes it worse, not better.
    I gotta disagree here. The OP in that thread was getting super bashed, for trying to on the fly improve the community, and Kades stepped in and stood up for him. While his language "man up" may have been a little on the risky side, I felt that he said what people really needed to hear on the subject. All gender aside, I don't think any other Rioter could have said it in quite the same way. Just look at the other reds that responded really well to it.

His post was the thing that a lot of those people needed to be told. Had a member of the community said it, it would have been pushed down by the same people it was addressing. His response kind of reminded me of when GC from WoW went to war with the forums. There are times when you need to skirt around the subject, and times where someone needs to really be bold.

EDIT: @Xanjori: I haven't seen many adcs running around with cleanse. While it's stronger overall, does it really earn a spot over something like flash/ignite?
    Last edited by Fenlnir; 2012-09-11 at 10:50 PM.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Cleanse is probably a lot stronger, QSS isnt great as a melee. You simply walk into too much CC for one clearance to be of use, as I mentioned above, a rather typical comp will probably put out 3 aoe stuns, you can follow that up with exhaust too.
    Well you could either just sit back for a second and let the initial morg stun start before you alpha'd in OR you could just go balls in at the start and alpha the second that morg's stun actually takes effect and not be hit by it.( same with fiora ult)

QSS is preferable because suppresion (obviously) but most aoe stuns are done with magic damage so the built in mr helps mitigate the impact of that even further.

And exhausting the melee guy means one less exhaust for the range ad ( as a bonus they could "double dip" stuns and get multiple cleared with one use of qss, but I guess that applies to cleanse too"

During the old tanky melee meta there was the same argument, "waah, tryn does too much damage" and then someone would say "chain stuns on him or keep him perma exhausted" which leaves the obvious problem of the other 4 people on the team wreaking you because you used all your cc on one guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Thats called qss
    QSS will remove one instance of CC. The reality is MADC will face much much more. And it affects them more. Any slow is a direct loss of DPS for example. Basically enemy frontline has much easier time unloading every possible kind of debuff onto them. Ground slams, randuins etc etc. Why does like every single bruiser nowadays have a gap closer? Mostly for ranged carries. They don't even need it for a melee. Why bother jumping onto enemy MADC, he will eventually come right to you so you can obliterate him.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    QSS will remove one instance of CC. The reality is MADC will face much much more. And it affects them more. Any slow is a direct loss of DPS for example. Basically enemy frontline has much easier time unloading every possible kind of debuff onto them. Ground slams, randuins etc etc. Why does like every single bruiser nowadays have a gap closer? Mostly for ranged carries. They don't even need it for a melee. Why bother jumping onto enemy MADC, he will eventually come right to you so you can obliterate him.
    Even the old melee ads have gap closers, the only one I can really think of that doesn't is riven (debatable if q/e are closers)

I haven't seen many adcs running around with cleanse. While it's stronger overall, does it really earn a spot over something like flash/ignite?
    Depends on comp, enemy got a Leona+Morgana+Ashe? Fuck yes Cleanse is huge. In fact almost any time the enemy has Ashe alone Id say Cleanse is better, half the reason Ashe is considered great late game is that ulti.

What it comes down to is Cleanse+GA vs Ignite/Heal + QSS. Personally I would say that the Cleanse+GA build in most cases, although if the enemy happens to have WW+Skarner+Malzahar you want the QSS.

To Meth, yes you can sit back, but I think for the short period the fight will be a 4v5 due to you having to wait for certain abilities to go off your team could possibly lose the game. Its why Katarina isnt ever a pick in the game either, she could sit out and wait until CC is on CD, but realistically thats either gonna take to long or just never happen.

The game has too much AoE CC in it right now and pure melee carries need more protection, Tryndamere is probably the strongest of the melee champs due to 6 seconds of not dying, but even he cant make it into proper competitive play.